Hi!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 25, 2018 8:49 pm
I’m a longtime gamer that’s grown up playing TT games but after moving around so much, and being horribly shy anyway, 95% of the role-playing I’ve done lately is online mostly in MMOs or chat apps. I’ve had a lot of fun with that but because of my odd work schedule it’s hard to get involved in something persistent like a campaign if I can’t be on when everyone else is.

I was really excited to stumble onto Gamer Plane since it seems like something that might fit me nicely. Finding a game that’s about one or two posts a day seems perfect, and I can enjoy writing longer posts that I can’t really do in a chat environment.

I’ve played D&D 3e and 4e but it’s been awhile. Actually, I’m probably most familiar with 5e since I watch a lot of livestream and Youtube games that are 5e. I’d LOVE to join a superhero game but I have a hard time finding those. I also like Star Wars and 40K. I play a bunch of video games too and I’m obsessed with the new Battletech game right now.

Well, that’s me I suppose. I’m going to spend awhile lurking around the forums and working up the courage to join a game. Have fun everyone!
May 25, 2018 8:52 pm
Welcome!
May 25, 2018 8:54 pm
Welcome!
May 25, 2018 8:57 pm
Welcome Sablestar! A number of superhero games gets played here: I've personally played here in games of Masks, and Mutants & Masterminds, and ran a game of Feng Shui 2 which is definitely supers-adjacent.

Now Battletech (or rather Mechwarrior)... that would be daunting to run, but cool to play here, too.
May 25, 2018 9:10 pm
Qralloq says:
Welcome Sablestar! A number of superhero games gets played here: I've personally played here in games of Masks, and Mutants & Masterminds, and ran a game of Feng Shui 2 which is definitely supers-adjacent.

Now Battletech (or rather Mechwarrior)... that would be daunting to run, but cool to play here, too.
I've never played the MW TT game but yes! That setting is so rich and deep and playing a game there would be so much fun =D

Oh, I need to keep an eye out for some superhero games then! I haven't played any of those systems but I have RPd a lot over chat.
Last edited May 25, 2018 9:19 pm
May 26, 2018 12:00 am
I hope you find the games you are looking for!
May 26, 2018 2:55 am
Hello and welcome! I tried running a Mutants & Masterminds game on here relatively recently, and would love try give it another go. Once my schedule clears up a bit I might give it another go.
May 26, 2018 3:44 am
Welcome Sablestar! As people have said, 5e is super popular, but we do get a good smattering of other things as well. Hope you find a game that hooks you!
May 26, 2018 8:01 am
Welcome to the community, Sablestar! Happy gaming! :-)
May 26, 2018 4:52 pm
Hello and welcome!
May 26, 2018 9:32 pm
Welcome, and no need to be shy. We're glad to have you. :)
May 28, 2018 9:31 am
Phil_Ozzy_Fer says:
Hello and welcome! I tried running a Mutants & Masterminds game on here relatively recently, and would love try give it another go. Once my schedule clears up a bit I might give it another go.
Let me know if you do! I didn't see Mutants & Masterminds in the Join A Game filter so hopefully I won't miss it when you do have time to start a game. I'll have to read up on that system. I see there is a quickstart guide on their website so I know what I'll be doing on my lunchbreak today =3
May 28, 2018 9:32 am
Thank you so much for the warm welcome everyone!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.