FATE: Masters of Umdarr interest check

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 13, 2018 11:19 am
I would like to run a Masters of Umdarr game. Umdarr is a setting inspired by the 70s and 80s cartoons where magic and technology blend to create fantastical worlds. Think He-Man and She-Ra, Thundercats, Flash Gordon, The Herculoids, Fire & Ice and Heavy Metal's fantasy sections.

In Masters of Umdarr you play heroic archaeonauts and their quest for long-lost artifacts of power. You can use a randomized Fate dice system to create a wide variety of sci-fi/fantasy characters like robots, mutants, talking animals, and more Character class breakdowns based on Fate Accelerated approaches.

Your adversaries are the Masters of Umdarr, powerful tyrants who rule their kingdoms using magic and the power of ancient artifacts to dominate the common folk.

The story I intend to tell will involve 8 Masters total. I will reveal 3 at the start and list their current operation. The Player's goal will be to thwart all 8 Masters and depose them freeing their subjects. Each Master will have there generals and lieutenants to deal with. It will have an eposodic "monster-of-the-week" approach as you work your way through the ranks of each Master. I hope this will give a good pace for Milestones and advancement.

Also, while most of the story is action based, I plan to use the characters you build to include some good roleplayimg bits. And not every "battle" has to be fought with swords. Creative problem solving will be rewarded as well.

And just as a note, the source material is Pay What You Want on DriveThruRPG.com. But if you are opposed to getting it that way I can providerules.

So, any interest?
Last edited June 13, 2018 3:14 pm
Jun 13, 2018 11:51 am
Hi! I am interested in joining. Wanted to learn FATE multiple times and never played any game so might just as well revisit the rulebook and try one more time
Jun 14, 2018 12:49 am
Great. Hopefully a few more people will speak up and then I will launch the game.
Jun 14, 2018 5:12 am
I've wanted to give Fate another shake for awhile, now, and this looks interesting. By the power of Fate Accelerated, I am interested! ... Or something like that.
Jun 14, 2018 2:27 pm
Hi, I'm interested too! That setting looks amazing! I'm a little new to GP and my experience has been in D&D but I'll check out the FATE rules =D
Jun 14, 2018 2:45 pm
Awesome. With 3 people interested I think I will start the game, but I will allow up to 6 players so if more people come along we can add them in.
Jun 22, 2018 7:57 pm
Just going to give this a bump to see if I can find any more interested players. We are settling on the first target, so there is still time to get in on the adventure.
Jun 22, 2018 10:53 pm
Jumps up and down excitedly.

O, pick me!
Jun 24, 2018 9:54 pm
I'd be interested if you are still looking for someone. Most of my RPG experience lies in D&D but this system sounds intriguing.
Jun 25, 2018 5:14 am
Cool...I'll send an invite if you haven't applied.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.