RECRUITING: The Haunting (CoC 7E)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 21, 2018 9:02 pm
Hey there friendos,

I've been thinking again about how I might like to run some horror/mystery games here in the near future. In order to get a sense of what the experience is like on the back end in terms of GPN features & functionality, I'd like to run "The Haunting" (a short, simple, and classic investigation that I can do in my sleep) for 2-6 players. Ideally, this would also be an opportunity to introduce new & interested players to CoC/horror gaming/TTRPGs and I would prioritize those players (assuming there's any interest, ha), but I'd be happy to have anyone jump on board.

I've gone ahead and made a game thread for it. Post here or DM me or whatever if you're interested or have any questions! If this goes well for me, I'll follow up with other games soon. (In addition to CoC, I'm interested in tossing some Delta Green, World of Unremitting Horror, or Tales from the Loop onto the boards down the line.)

Let's see how this goes! Hope to scare your pants off soon!
Last edited June 22, 2018 4:11 pm
Jun 21, 2018 10:06 pm
Greetings. I would love to try a horror/mystery game. Please forgive me gamers but, I have never played Call of Cthulhu. I have plenty of Roll Playing experience so if your willing for a newb, I'm interested.
Jun 21, 2018 10:32 pm
Great. You're hired. Once I get another player or two (assuming I do) I'll set up the threads and invite you to the game forum. This is a scenario that's pretty much designed to teach newbs the rules, so you have nothing to fear (except for the cosmic horror lurking just beyond the threshold). I'm happy to answer any specific questions you might have in the meantime.
Jun 22, 2018 1:32 am
This sounds awesome, I am all for horror! The more gruesome the better. I have some experience with RP but only DnD, not even sure what GPN stands for, and my posting frequency is probably gonna be erratic at best so depending on how often you want responses I may not be a good choice. But if you're willing to have me I look forward to it.
Jun 22, 2018 2:01 am
Awesome. I'm gonna see what other interest might be out there - erratic responses might not be an issue, but it might be more trouble than it's worth for a scenario this short and contained. Let me see what sort of responses I get over the next couple of days and I'll keep you posted. Even if it doesn't work out for this game (which it still might!), I'll let you know about any other longer term games I might set up in the future! Always glad to have players interested!

Also, GPN is Gamers Plane Network (I think? Maybe I made it up but I swear I've seen it around here before lol).
Jun 22, 2018 2:22 am
Like the others, I have no experience with this type of RP (just D&D), but I'd love to give this a go.
Jun 22, 2018 1:24 pm
Awesome. You're hired.
Jun 22, 2018 3:40 pm
**Digs out some Lovecraft to help get into character**
Jun 22, 2018 4:09 pm
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age..."
Jun 26, 2018 2:16 pm
Still looking for folks who might be interested in this!
Jun 26, 2018 3:18 pm
Santouche says:
Yog-Sothoth is still looking for folks who might be interested in this!
Fixed.
Jun 26, 2018 4:14 pm
Come join the Yog-Sothothery!
Jun 26, 2018 7:00 pm
I'm not familiar with this system at all but I'd be interested in sothothing some yog.
Or is it yogging some sothoth?
or Nylarhotepping with colors of neither time nor space
Last edited June 26, 2018 7:01 pm
Jun 26, 2018 7:02 pm
It's actually Ghrothing the shoggoth, but same difference. You're hired! I'll send you an invite to the game.
Jun 28, 2018 6:42 am
Good for you for taking up the CoC mantle, Santouche and attracting these lovely players used to the safety of D and D :). We just finished our run through of The Haunting a couple of weeks ago and it was awesome!
Jun 29, 2018 7:28 pm
I'm a newb to PnP. I played CoC first edition back many moons ago when it was the only edition. Would be happy to learn how to RP via PbP and learn how the game has evolved.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.