Interest Check: Simple d6

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 24, 2018 9:43 pm
I'm creating a super simple game where all the players have to do is roll 1d6. This basic die determines your name, your class, everything about your character, how your party got together, your first quest...you get the picture. This way, the pacing is extremely easy to control (could be very fast or slow enough to allow for some good roleplaying) and the mechanics don't draw focus away from the fun. I am looking to make the first party of three or four people, but I'm happy to set up as many such parties as possible. Game invites and character creation will begin as soon as your group is assembled.

Any takers?
Jun 26, 2018 3:53 am
Sure, I'm interested. I'm new to the site but have otherwise played for a few years.
Jun 26, 2018 9:00 pm
Cool! That's one for Party 1. Just need two or three more people.
Jun 27, 2018 3:46 pm
I'm definitely intrigued. I love the simple die mechanic and am interested if it's something I could use with my son as well at some point.
Jun 27, 2018 3:50 pm
I have sworn off of joining new games, but this seems simple enough that it wouldn't tax me overly much. I'm in!
Dramasailor says:
I'm definitely intrigued. I love the simple die mechanic and am interested if it's something I could use with my son as well at some point.
This is actually something I've done with my 11 year old and my 5 year old together. I basically asked if they want to be strong, sneaky, etc. and then proceeded to write up simple stats for them that I track and all they need to do is roll a d6 for the rest of the game. They love it :)
Jun 27, 2018 8:04 pm
Don't worry Naatkinson, this will be very simple in execution. Once the setup is done, it's smooth sailing from there.
Jun 27, 2018 8:18 pm
Game Page:
https://gamersplane.com/games/1206/

Public forum:
https://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/8810/?p=402955#p402955
Jul 1, 2018 11:56 pm
I'll play any game with Dramasailor.

Additionally: I *truly* enjoy the RP aspect and if that is emphasized over mechanics, I'm in.

I should add that I can generally post multiple times per day but maybe a bit less frequently on weekends.
Last edited July 1, 2018 11:59 pm
Jul 2, 2018 12:11 am
I'll add that I just read through the public post and now I'm SUPER interested, but understand if you've got your three.
Jul 2, 2018 2:22 am
I can safely do up to five. If I get six or more players, I'll need to start a thread for a second group.
Jul 2, 2018 2:28 am
If you're still accepting folks into this I'd love to give this a try. I don't see simple games too much and this sounds interesting.
Jul 2, 2018 2:57 am
You're quite welcome to join.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.