Numenera coming to Gamer's Plane

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 21, 2014 11:14 am
Azzorak says:
Still completely interested in running a game here, recently signed on to Keleth's D&D game Sunken Secrets, but am still willing to run one of the above games. Not so interested in running the L5R game right now as its roleplaying style is intensive to run and I don't have the energy for that right now. Perfectly able to run the other ideas though, here on the forum as a pbp. Also would really like to run this following idea, as I have already run this game in person using this system so it would take less intensity on my part, plus I would like to see how a better group might play it out.

Numenera - A game by Monte Cook set in the far far far future of earth. Human civilization as we know it has collapsed and humanity in its current form extinct. Eight great civilizations have risen and fallen since ours. Each civilization lasted longer than the last and many of them have created wonderful technologies that humans of our time could never understand. Now a new civilization is rising from the ashes of the fall of the eighth. This new civilization is very human like (basically is humans) and is still in its early stages. Technology and society is at a basically medieval understanding yet it augmented by the various bits and bobs left over from previous societies. The world is left genetically altered, lush with technology that barely works and barely understood. Tiny nano robots continue to autonomously maintain much of the previous societies technology. Some people have a strange almost innate connection with the nano robots and a mental uplink with a satellite network they do not know even exists. These people called nanos can manipulate these things and perform miracles and magic. Great warriors are descendants of genetically modified experiments or have been infused with nano technology early and life making them capable of inhuman feats. Others get a bit of both worlds. You are one of these incredible individuals, you must struggle to survive in a ruthless upcoming civilization surrounded by incredible technology or numenera that very few understand. Newly evolved beasts, ancients robotic constructs, and strange genetic experiments from a world past stalk the land. Ancient unstable technologies are there to plunder, being used in ways never intended to improve the lives of your people, or conquer others.

Numenera Adventure Idea - The Human Hive is an civilization built in the half buried hull of an ancient spacecraft buried in the great wasteland known as The Golden Sea. You have always lived in the Hive though your ancestors crossed the Golden Sea after they were banished from their homeland many moons ago. Barely surviving the great prophet was guided here by visions of the gods. Upon discovering this shelter and the gods whose images were carved upon the walls of the great Hive the prophet settled here. For many generations your people have survived in this paradise, fed by hunting the beasts that roam the desert and by growing food in special chambers barely understood by the people. Given water by great machines that extract moisture from the atmosphere, but now those machines have failed, and the storage tanks are running low. You being one of the great and powerful individuals described above are selected personally by the Queen of the Hive to find water Beyond the Golden Sea and save your people.
Oct 22, 2014 2:13 am
Since Numenera has been added to the site and because I am more familiar with it, I decided to begin running Numenera as my first game on Gamer's Plane. I am only taking three players so please apply if interested. I will be running my Grimm game concurrently as more members join the site.
Oct 22, 2014 5:01 pm
Alright I have 1 out of 3. Really hoping to get this hopping ASAP. If you are at all curious about Numenera and how it plays sign up and lets get started with chargen. If you do not have a book I have some pregen chars I created specifically for this campaign the first time I ran it when Numenera first came out. If demand is high enough I am even willing to open a 4th slot but any more than 4 players will ruin the balancing so get em while they are hot.
Oct 22, 2014 5:04 pm
I don't know much anything about Numenera, other than I've programmed the character sheet onto Gamers' Plane. But I'm always down to learn new systems, specially for figuring out if I programmed it right.
Oct 22, 2014 5:06 pm
Well its been a good long while since we gamed together, get in on this bad boy. Its easy to learn and like I said I have some pregens if you want to skip chargen.
Oct 23, 2014 3:32 am
One of my players dropped so if you have any interest in Numenera snatch up that last slot while its open. Happy gaming!

Note: If my player quit by mistake simply reapply and I will reaccept.
Last edited October 23, 2014 3:34 am
Oct 23, 2014 3:26 pm
I just read up on the game system (from their website). I'd be interested in trying it out, sounds like my kind of game (narrative driven!) - as long as your willing to teach me the mechanics.
Oct 23, 2014 3:32 pm
would be glad to have you on board. The system is very easy to learn and I will gladly teach you the basics. Just apply and I will accept.
Last edited October 23, 2014 3:32 pm
Oct 23, 2014 4:32 pm
Done! Looking forward to it :)
Oct 23, 2014 4:57 pm
Me too, I just accepted you. Feel free to head over to the game sub forum OOC Discussion to read background, posting conventions, and character discussion. Hoping to get rolling next week sometime. Welcome aboard!
Oct 23, 2014 8:30 pm
Awesome, I'll get through what's there as I can. I'm at a conference from tonight until Sunday afternoon so I can't do anything substantive until Monday. That said, by next week full-steam ahead!
Oct 23, 2014 8:35 pm
Hey no problem work is important. I notice most people are less active over the weekend anyway so I wasn't expecting to get much done anyway this weekend. I have a friend coming down from NJ this coming week and we are doing some camping this weekend so its all fair. If you get a moment to post something about the character or post any questions go for it and I will answer as I can, if not then next week we will get to it.
Dec 8, 2014 7:02 pm
Regrettably I have to drop Cockroach from my game due to inactivity so a spot has opening up in The Golden Sea Chronicles. If Cockroach sees this message he is welcome to rejoin us provided he can be active.
Dec 24, 2014 4:51 pm
There is a Numenera Bundle of Holding up now. The pdfs of the Numenera core book, a GM screen and a Cypher book for $9.95, and for $21, you get those plus 6 supplements, including the players guide.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.