Game menu

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 21, 2015 5:43 pm
This is a topic that's come up before, but I'm trying to figure out exactly what I need to do to fix this.

At the bottom of a game forum, character page, or game page is a red bar that has some links useful to the game (switch to the forums, details, etc). People have mentioned they don't see this or that on mobile browsers it doesn't show up at all.

Now first, for those who don't notice it: why? If it was 30-50% taller, would that help? Less faded background?

Can anyone think of an alternate? Specially with the new site design coming up, I can create a second menu below the primary that can host the links, and I'm looking into buying a used iPhone so I can figure out why iPhone doesn't like sticky footer.
Aug 21, 2015 5:47 pm
Yeah, I think if it was taller and a lighter colour it might help? I admit I somehow managed to miss it the first couple of times I went to a game page
Aug 21, 2015 5:48 pm
Yeah i only use my phine or ipad for this site and I do not see what you are talking about. I tried pressing around the Contact Us link incase it was invisible but didn't get anything.
Aug 21, 2015 8:27 pm
I did noticed, but never really pais attention to them. I have to admit that "DTRPG" doesn't really sais anything to me... I can understand the abbreviation, but perhaps "store link" would be more appropriate?
Aug 21, 2015 8:31 pm
kalajel, I'm not referring to the footer, I mean the red game menu that shows up when you're on game forums or details pages.
Aug 22, 2015 4:36 am
I didn't notice it at first but when it was pointed out to me I wondered how I could have missed it! It definitely doesn't show up on my phone.
Aug 22, 2015 4:51 am
Ah, yeah, okay.

Yeah, I never noticed that before. Well, for starters, I think the red used is too dark and blends too much with the dark grey at the bottom of the page. I think it comes mostly from the gradient effect on it to make it match with the top of the page. I'd drop the gradient effect and and I'd probably use the orange color you use for the section/threads title and the "Support Us" button to make it stand more. If you'd want to enlarge it, I guess you could do it too, but I doubt you'd need to enlarge it much more than about 33%...
Aug 24, 2015 4:56 am
It looks like a footer on my laptop browser. And it didn't show up at all on mobile. Also, wouldn't it make more sense to have the game link take you to the game forum instead of the game options screen?
Aug 24, 2015 1:19 pm
On the game details page, it takes you to the forums, on the forums it takes you to the game details page.

Given the mixed reaction, anyone have thoughts on a replacement?
Aug 24, 2015 1:50 pm
Well, it's good to have this at the bottom of the page as well as on top. The best replacement I could thing of would be to repeat the tab banner on top of the page and at the bottom, an to include it on every threads, not just game ones...
Aug 24, 2015 2:55 pm
kalajel says:
Well, it's good to have this at the bottom of the page as well as on top. The best replacement I could thing of would be to repeat the tab banner on top of the page and at the bottom, an to include it on every threads, not just game ones...
What would the links be on non-game threads?
Aug 25, 2015 2:22 pm
Tools - Systems - Characters - Games - Forums - TheGamers - Links - FAQs - ContactUs. ;)
Aug 25, 2015 2:31 pm
Ah, not quite what I meant, heh. Its a second menu, with different options :p
Aug 25, 2015 4:08 pm
So far, by what I can see, the menu it has is not much different than what can be accomplished by clicking on the "Characters" and "Games" tabs of the menu bar on top (unless I missed something again, which knowing me, would not surprise me in the least... XD). Well it does takes you directly to the game and character for that particular game. Something I'm assuming would not be impossible to implement if you were to simply repeat the tab bar at the bottom of the page, allowing you to quickly check your character and game profile while still have access to all those other tabs as well...
Last edited August 25, 2015 4:09 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.