Interest Check: Rats in the Walls

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 24, 2018 2:56 am
So I wanted to start with something simple so I could get a feel for the system here as far as running games and making use of the dice roller.

I'm wondering if there would be interest in a one-shot (with the potential to roll on as a campaign) for a newer game called Rats in the Walls?

Rats in the Walls is a rules-light roleplaying game of Cosmic Horror inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft. It uses a very simple "roll 2d6+attribute" mechanic for resolution that's a bit similar to PBTA games or stuff like Blades in the Dark. The game has its own non-Cthulhu Mythos based setting, but can also easily adapt old Call of Cthulhu modules or the like as well.

The rules are available for free (a no-art version) on DriveThruRPG.

I was thinking if there are maybe at least 3 to no more than 5 or so interested people, I will just grab one of my CoC modules and we can hit the ground running. I can get a feel for the site and everyone can learn a new game that's not been out for too long.
Jul 24, 2018 3:27 am
YES! I'm still reading, but I would be interested in trying this out.
Jul 25, 2018 4:46 am
I'm interested too.
Jul 26, 2018 7:44 pm
Ahhh, this sounds cool! I would love to volunteer but my dance card's a little full at the moment. Assuming you get a game together, I'd be really interested in hearing how you wind up feeling about the system vis-a-vis horror gaming

You do not have permission to post in this thread.