New D&D 5E player looking for a game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 26, 2018 6:10 pm
Hello, I recently purchased some of the Dungeons and Dragons beyond e-books and would love to join a D&D campaign as a new player. I have always wanted to play D&D but life and work has always made that feel impossible until I discovered they method of play. Please let me know if you have room in your game for a new player that is eager to learn. I am mostly interested in some of the more exotic races like lizardmen, kobolds, and tortles because I play a human every day of my life :D. Look forward to talking with you all more in the future.
Jul 26, 2018 6:14 pm
Welcome to the community and to the hobby, Wreckzors! New 5e games are always popping up so I'm sure you'll get the chance to play soon! Best of luck!
Jul 26, 2018 6:27 pm
Welcome! I'm sure it won't take you long to find a game of D&D. It's by far the most popular system here!
Jul 26, 2018 6:55 pm
Thanks for the warm welcome! I look forward playing some games soon. I applied to around 4 games so we will see if i get accepted :D
Jul 26, 2018 11:44 pm
Welcome, Wreckzors! :)
Jul 27, 2018 12:06 am
Wreckzors says:
Thanks for the warm welcome! I look forward playing some games soon. I applied to around 4 games so we will see if i get accepted :D
I would message the GM of those games to see if they can squeeze you in. I know that if I'm not specifically looking for more people, I won't take someone who just applies out of nowhere. If they message me first, I'm more likely to find a way to fit them in :-)
Jul 27, 2018 5:28 pm
Happy hunting...dont worry...before you know it you will be playing in more games than you intended lol.
Jul 28, 2018 8:28 pm
Lol, when looking for 5e dungeons and dragonsgames, it looks like the ones listed are inactive even though they are showing needing players :(
Jul 28, 2018 8:32 pm
I can squeeze you into one Wreckzors. It's a shorter term training game for new 5e players, but you're welcome to join for the dungeon crawl about to start.
Jul 29, 2018 3:05 am
That would be amazing, I just sent you a PM asking for more information. Thanks again!
Jul 29, 2018 4:24 am
Wreckzors says:
That would be amazing, I just sent you a PM asking for more information. Thanks again!
I've responded and sent you a game invite.
Aug 3, 2018 12:02 am
Wreckzors says:
Lol, when looking for 5e dungeons and dragonsgames, it looks like the ones listed are inactive even though they are showing needing players :(
That's what I'm finding too. Hard to find a game. Is it just the time of year?
Aug 3, 2018 1:08 pm
Yes, summer tends to be slow.
Aug 10, 2018 2:41 am
Wreckzors says:
Wreckzors - I'm a similar situation. Played a lot of computer RPG but never quite found time for live D&D. I'm looking for a game too, which would be my first. If you find any open, keep another newb posted! Good luck.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.