New to PbP, not quite sure what I'm doing.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 2, 2015 4:24 am
Hello!
I am very excited about the prospect of this site and would really like to play more games. I work long hours on night shift, and have lots of downtime so this sort of gaming seems like it would work very well for me, but I'm not quite sure where to start.
I really enjoy playing and DMing D&D 5e, and Dungeon World (although I haven't had as much experience with DW as I'd like). I've played but never run Star Wars EotE (actually Force and Destiny, but I'm told they're the same game) and I loved it. I'm also familiar with Numenera and the Cypher System because I own and have read the material, but I haven't actually played or run it yet. I'm open to new games though. I'm not very comfortable with and don't care for horror gaming or Cthulthu style games but other than that I'm open to whatever.
I look forward to being a part of this community!
Last edited September 2, 2015 4:28 am
Sep 2, 2015 4:51 am
Welcome Starhelm! A lot of people have mentioned that GP is a neat place to try and learn new systems; hopefully it does well for you in that regard.

As for where to start, this intro post is a great place! From here, you can either try making characters or search for a game that may interest you. If its full, you can always reach out to the GM, and if not, apply!
Sep 2, 2015 5:41 am
Welcome, Starhelm! I guarantee you'll have a great time here! If you need help with anything don't hesitate to ask! We have an awesome community here. Looking forward to seeing you around. :-)
Sep 2, 2015 5:47 am
Thank you! I've made a character and applied to a few games. We'll see what happens!
Sep 2, 2015 7:23 am
Welcome, Starhelm. D&D 5e and Numenera are probably the most popular games here, so I'm sure you'll find some games to suit your tastes soon. The Games Tavern thread is a good place to find out what new games are in the pipeline, and/or to check interest in a particular system.
Last edited September 2, 2015 7:25 am
Sep 2, 2015 12:57 pm
Welcome to here. Allot of us are n00bs and are learning as we go along. Hope you have fun.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.