An impression after a week

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 18, 2018 10:39 pm
Hi,

I've been active on this forum for about week now. I never made a formal introduction thread. So this will serve as one. I also wanted to use this thread as an opportunity to just generally thank everyone that took time to answered all my stupid questions with respect and generosity. Your input has been very helpful.

I also want to take the time to shout out my players. I've been running my very first PBP campaign for about a week on this forum and I can't tell you how fun it's been so far. If I'd known I would have tried it a while ago. I may still just be in the "honeymoon" period or gotten lucky with the players but, all of them have genuinely been impressive with the investment they've put into developing their characters. The RP'ing has been great and fun. And we haven't even done our first real combat encounter yet!
Aug 18, 2018 10:57 pm
And we love your DMing too man!
Aug 18, 2018 11:11 pm
twotonkatrucks........ that, right there, is what I miss. The life, the excitement, the joie de vivre. The ability to be true and honest and just have fun! Have a feeling you're going to be an asset around here.
Aug 19, 2018 2:37 am
Hello and welcome! Great to hear you're having fun!
Aug 19, 2018 2:44 am
Thanks Remus!

Thanks for the kind words Raanuyyc and agreed.
Aug 19, 2018 4:00 pm
Glad to have your voice join our chorus, twotonkatrucks.

Your game sounds great; don't get discouraged if it slows down at times after the honeymoon (heh), we live complicated non-intersecting lives. A good tip I was given is to give gentle reminders after two days of inactivity of who is up next, or a summary of what the party needs to decide out act upon.
Aug 20, 2018 4:03 am
Hello and welcome!
Aug 20, 2018 4:47 pm
Welcome twotonkatrucks! Glad you're with us. Qralloq gave most of the early advice I do, so I'll leave it there :p

You do not have permission to post in this thread.