Greetings from the Great White North

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 18, 2018 10:50 pm
So I'm in Canada, obviously from the yyc, which in itself is a long story, and after many years of not playing I'm looking to get back into it. It's been a long time since I last played, although that time round we did finish off an entire campaign via email and chat over the course of a year or so. It's been longer since I played face to face but life has a habit of making that difficult. However, I'm here, and there's a world burning holes in my head so.....

And Raanu was a character of mine in more than one game, and she is in part responsible for me being a British girl in Canada and everything I have in my life now. Never underestimate the impact of the characters you create!
Aug 18, 2018 11:27 pm
Welcome Raanuyyc! (My wife and I are also in the YYC area.) My user name is also from a D&D game, but for me was a memorable NPC from a game I ran 25 years ago.
Aug 19, 2018 12:34 am
Welcome, I am from the equator, want some of our humidity?

I love bringing characters back from the good ol' days. My favorite is an evil wizard named Kebra. He is just evil enough to do gross things but he doesn't steal from the party and isn't a murder hobo.
Aug 19, 2018 2:40 am
Welcome to the site! I'm also in Canada, but not in the YYC area. Glad to have you here!
Aug 19, 2018 6:39 pm
Welcome to the community! :-)
Aug 19, 2018 10:52 pm
Hello and welcome!

I am a Canadian as well, but I'm in the poutine area...
Aug 20, 2018 1:07 am
Greetings from Toronto!
Aug 20, 2018 11:50 am
Greetings from YHZ! And, yes, Cruvis was a cleric of Thor who rode on a hippogriff.
Aug 20, 2018 12:44 pm
Greetings from Nova Scotia!
Aug 20, 2018 4:45 pm
WE'RE SURROUNDED BY CANADIANS!

Heh, welcome Raanuyyc! Plenty of people here haven't gamed in a while, or are new to systems, so you'll be in good company, and there are often games made specifically for new players. Glad to have you with us.
Aug 20, 2018 11:45 pm
Keleth says:
Yes. Now surrender and accept our apologies!
Aug 25, 2018 6:51 pm
kalajel says:
Keleth says:
Yes. Now surrender and accept our apologies!
LOL

Welcome! I'm a former YYC, born and bred, but call YHZ my home now. Canada rocks! So does the UK! and the US! and the Philippines! and all the other ones!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.