Dungeon Crawl Classic Game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 21, 2018 2:36 am
I am thinking of running a Dungeon Crawl Classic (DCC) game. DCC is an old school D&D game with some interesting new rules. For one thing every character has a luck attribute. Luck is very important to the game. It is quite infamous for its 0 level character funnel. Where one player plays 3-4 0 level characters with no special abilities and 1-4 hp. The character that makes it to the end of the meat grinder funnel gets to be level 1.

DCC also tends toward gonzo settings. Meaning it is swords and sorcery with one eyed tentacle monsters and aliens with laser blasters.

It also has a lot of random table stuff. If a wizard rolls badly at casting a spell she might get corrupted (third eye on the forehead, scaly skin etc...).

Fighters have something call the mighty deed. Halflings are particularly lucky. Clerics can actually call upon their deity. Wizards can make pacts with demons for more power.

I plan to run in a homebrew world called the Sundered World. Characters will start out in a sprawling metroplis, mostly as thieves and vagabonds and such.

I don't think anyone would need the rule book. I could just walk each player/character through the rules as they come up. The 0 Level character sheet looks like this:
https://i.imgur.com/hJaYs2K.jpg

Anyone interested?
Aug 21, 2018 2:54 am
I LOVE this system, so this is VERY tempting....
Aug 21, 2018 2:57 am
Naatkinson, you have a problem and need help. This is an intervention. 😁
Aug 21, 2018 3:18 am
Linus says:
Naatkinson, you have a problem and need help. This is an intervention. 😁
Him and Jabes must be having a competition or something... :P
Aug 21, 2018 3:25 am
Quote:
Him and Jabes must be having a competition or something... :P
I was/am in a game with both of them but sadly that game has faded into the void...
Last edited August 21, 2018 3:25 am
Aug 21, 2018 5:24 am
I would absolutely love to play.
I have had nothing but great experiences playing this system.
Last edited August 21, 2018 5:24 am
Aug 21, 2018 6:19 am
Since there are people here who know the system, I will note for the record that I have no idea whatsoever, and will appreciate the along-the-way help offered.
Aug 21, 2018 6:39 am
Quote:
Since there are people here who know the system, I will note for the record that I have no idea whatsoever, and will appreciate the along-the-way help offered.
Sure!
Aug 21, 2018 6:51 am
My first experience with DCC was Naatkinson's game which was sadly put on hiatus. Really fun system! I particularly liked the Mighty Deed mechanic. So I highly recommend it.

As for game addiction, yeah guilty as charged. But I am happy(?) to report that I have been (mostly) sticking to my self-imposed diet. It's been real tough, but yeah. For this reason, I will not be signing up for Aaron's game, tempting as it is.
Last edited August 21, 2018 8:08 am
Aug 21, 2018 6:59 am
Here are the quick start rules Here...

I will have a different occupation chart.

And Here is the game link
Aug 27, 2018 5:06 pm
I'd be into giving this a shot...
You folks started yet?
Aug 27, 2018 11:21 pm
Hi AshDrunbar,
Thanks for the interest! Yes we started already. We are doing a character funnel and that means 3 characters per player (only 1 death so far) for a total of 15. That is a lot to keep track. If someone drops out I'll send you a PM and let you know :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.