Charismatic Soldier

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 25, 2018 3:26 pm
Big Picture Belief: I've heard the whispers about the Queen of the Horse Lords, and I know them to be true. She's the true Queen, sent by the Gods themselves, and we need to lend her every bit of support we can.
Starting Situation Belief: Whoever ends up the chief, they need an army to control anything. The soldiers do not love chiefs, they love their comrades; they love me, because I love them. We support each other, and I'm only interested in making sure that the new chief supports us as much as he expects us to support him.
Is that... fine?
Aug 25, 2018 6:56 pm
RE: Big Picture Belief, a couple things:
1. "I've heard the whispers about the Queen of the Horse Lords, and I know them to be true. She's the true Queen, sent by the Gods themselves,..." This is a good underlying premise for a Belief and does it's job in establishing in-game realities, but you really dont need to be quite so verbose. "The Queen of the Horse Lords is sent by the gods." is really all you need or want.
2. "...we need to lend her every bit of support we can." This action needs to be defined more clearly. What exactly do you (this is your PCs Belief not the groups or anyone else's) need to do to lend her support?

RE: Starting Situation Belief:
1. You haven't really given your PC anything to actually do in the Starting Situation (where ppl are going to be maneuvering to have someone ascend to the throne). Infact you've kind of said it doesn't matter to you, right? And the point of the Starting Situation is so that everyone has something to move towards, right off the bat. With your present SS Belief, you have nothing to do until a Chief is chosen.

Does that make sense?

Rewrite this Belief so that your PC "has some skin in the game" in seeing a specific outcome from the Starting Sitch. Doesn't have to be to support a specific "candidate", infact it could be the reverse, maybe you have to convince a superior to remain neutral?

You do not have permission to post in this thread.