Forum Permissions for Newcomer

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 18, 2018 6:33 pm
Good day all!!!

I have no idea if this is currently somewhere on the threads or not, and I did do a pretty extensive manual search back to early 2016 with no luck. I'm running a couple of games, but I'm new to PbP. Frankly, I'm new to moderating a forum such as this as well. I need to verify I've adjusted the permissions correctly for my game so players can see all of the energy I spent organizing and setting up the game. I am not sure if I've goofed and they can't see something, or if I'm spot on.

Any help with Forum Permissions (GM vs. Player vs. Hidden etc.) would be excellent.

And by the way... This site has been so excellent. Such an amazing community that we're building here, I love it.
Last edited September 18, 2018 6:34 pm
Sep 18, 2018 6:50 pm
It's a little tricky. If you go to the Administrator Control Panel above the forum, first notice or create a Group Permission for the whole game. Then click on the subforum you want to restrict, and click Permissions and add the Group Permission. Then you can Edit that Permission and set Read to No - this will disable anybody except the GM from seeing the thread. Lastly, add Permissions for each of the Players that you want to see the subforum, and Edit their User permissions, setting them to Read and Write.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.