Montreal Dark

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 30, 2018 3:09 pm
Hello everyone,

After the failure of my French Urban Shadows game, I've decided to restart it and make it bilingual this time (English/French).

No need to understand French, but keep in mind that the game will take place in Montreal, Québec, so certain NPCs might only speak French, and you'll have to rely on your bilingual buddies to translate for you (kind of like in real life!).

So if the game interest you, and you feel like learning a bit of French (or at the very least some Québécois), then feel free to join.
Last edited September 30, 2018 4:04 pm

Len

Sep 30, 2018 3:18 pm
As a Canadian kid who's dad was an Acadian farmer from New Brunswick, but grew up on the west coast learning more Punjabi and Cantonese than French, I feel very drawn to this game! Alas, I have too many GP commitments as it is, but I just wanted to let you that seeing this game here makes me very happy. Best of luck, Kalajel!
Sep 30, 2018 4:03 pm
thanks lenpelletier.

If you ever manage to free yourself up, you'll be welcomed to this game.

Also, I almost forgot to mention that I gave priority to the old players from my old failed French campaign (which I feel is only fair and to give them the opportunity to reprise their old characters, a Vamp and an Aware respectively).
Oct 1, 2018 1:31 am
I like the sound of this; however, I am new to PBP and also have not played Urban Shadows. Would it slow you up to have a newbie? If no, which Urban Shadows books/supplements would I need to have to participate?
Oct 1, 2018 1:41 am
@lenpelletier I was a Washingtonian kid watching Canadian TV (back when it was aerial). I watched Punjabi dancing Saturday mornings after the cartoons were done. French films Saturday night (risque stuff!) and Hong Kong films Sunday afternoon!

@kalajel good luck getting the game going. I was just in Montreal a few months ago. It was a great place for people watching especially Tim Hortons in the early morning.
Oct 1, 2018 2:42 am
grousemetal says:
I like the sound of this; however, I am new to PBP and also have not played Urban Shadows. Would it slow you up to have a newbie? If no, which Urban Shadows books/supplements would I need to have to participate?
Not at all. Games Powered by the Apocalypse are pretty simple and the rules tend to take a back seat to narration.
You don't even need the rulebook, you can download the play document here. this will give you the basic rules and the 10 archetypes available in the rulebook. The other supplements are not necessary for you to enjoy the game, the only thing you'd be missing would be a few more archetypes that you can play as.
Last edited October 1, 2018 2:43 am

You do not have permission to post in this thread.