Barbarians of the Mushroom Kingdom

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 1, 2018 11:25 am
Barbarians of Lemuria rules. (Specifically, the new Everywhen rules, which are simple enough that players won't need to be familiar with them.)

September 13, 1985. Six strangers met on a New York City subway car and changed the course of history forever. In their world, in our world... and in every world in-between.

Classic sword & sorcery action with an 8-Bit twist! Players take on the roles of ordinary 20th Century New Yorkers thrust into the dangerous and alluring world of the Super Mario Bros series of video games. Climb beanstalks, storm castles, and rescue princesses-- but is Emperor Bowser the real enemy?
Last edited October 1, 2018 11:26 am
Oct 1, 2018 1:17 pm
And Iiiiiii'm Chimi!

I'm FaerieGodfather's friend from another place, coming along to hopefully play a Minus/Glitch Sorceress.
Last edited October 1, 2018 1:19 pm
Oct 2, 2018 2:00 am
Sounds like an awesome game. If I wasn't too busy to learn another system, I'd totally be in for this!
Oct 2, 2018 2:22 am
Base system is about as simple as it can get. If your schedule frees up a little, don't worry about needing too much time to "get it".
Oct 2, 2018 2:27 am
It's all 2d8 + Ability + Skill to hit a target number. Sometimes you roll more dice and the keep the highest two or the lowest two.

Only real complications are non-human races (which might be available later) and power-ups.
Oct 3, 2018 11:59 am
Hmmm sounds interesting, but how does thebsystem work? XD never heard of this system before...
Oct 4, 2018 2:35 am
The free versions of the rules are available here, and are really more than enough for someone to keep up with the rules I'm using.

I dunno, twist my arm and I might come up with a cheat sheet for character creation and very basic in-play rules, including races, magic, and powerups.
Oct 10, 2018 12:17 am
Bumping for visibility

I don't have the time to learn a new system, but I'd LOVE to see this get off the ground :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.