5e - Eberron - Higher Learning - Recruiting

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 1, 2018 8:27 pm
Hey everybody. I’m new to GP and I want to hit the ground running by DMing my own game. I was all set to play (and DM) my first ever 5e game on TT, but that fell through, so here I am. I played a lot of 3-3.5, and some 4e, but haven’t had a chance to play 5e yet. I did pbp years ago on another site, so I have some experience (and some ideas to optimize the game in this format).

Anyway, my favorite RP setting of all time is Eberron, but I’ve never really had a chance to explore it. So I’m planning a level 1 Eberron game, with fast advancement. I’d really like the character to be Eberron to the core, so think about that before you apply. I’m not saying everyone needs to be warforged or dragonmarked, but almost every race and class has potential ties to make them more "Eberron."

I’m looking for 4-5 players. If you’re interested, post a tentative character idea here. I’ll have the game up ASAP.

For planning purposes, the game starts in Sharn and the PCs are a group of low tier adventurers for hire. So make sure you think about how your character ended up in that situation.
Oct 1, 2018 8:36 pm
Name: Willie 'Two-Faced' Nelson
Race: Changeling, His preferred form is that of a human male in their late twenties.
Class: Rogue
Background: Criminal
Last edited October 1, 2018 8:47 pm
Oct 1, 2018 8:44 pm
What book is "Rouge" in, I’m not familiar with that class? :)

Kidding aside, thanks for the interest.
Oct 2, 2018 1:49 am
Name : Crow

Race: Warforged Envoy

Class: multiclass rogue 2 maybe a little bit more and the rest knowledge cleric

Background: charlatan

Concept: Political infiltrator to collect intelligence, sway decision-makers, or just plain assassinate them (in order of preference).
Last edited October 2, 2018 1:50 am
Oct 2, 2018 9:27 pm
Thanks for the interest. I plan for this game to advance relatively fast, but with pbp, everything takes a while. If your build doesn't really "get going" until level 3 or 4, you might be disappointed for a while.
Oct 3, 2018 12:28 am
Oh I'm the patient sort but I enjoy the role playing aspect of my characters almost more than playing the mechanical build. Something that feeds my personal failure is fun mentality.
Oct 12, 2018 1:34 am
I would be very happy to play a changeling bard, as long as gratuitous amounts of enchantment is okay. I'll have to read up on eberron though...
In short, I'll be playing the spirit of a character I've played in real life. She uses her looks and magic to manipulate people to get by, and doesn't really have ambitions to make it to the top, so long as she's comfortable.
Oct 12, 2018 6:32 pm
Hi, are you still looking for players?
I've been reading through the materials on Eberron and I think I'd like to play a Kalashtar.

Name: Ishada (sometimes called Ish by friends and acquaintances)

Race: Kalashtar

Class: Fighter (I'd like to eventually become an Eldritch Knight)

Background: Gladiator

Concept: Ish is a war orphan and knows basically nothing about the quori she is bound to. But she has strange dreams and nightmares which may be the quori spirit's memories. She can't make sense of them and has coped with this through drinking and getting into fights. She loves to duel and entertain others through her fights, but recently the nightmares have been getting more intense and frequent. Thus she has started searching for answers, becoming an adventurer more out of necessity than anything else.

I hope that's good enough. Looking forward to playing with you all! :)
Oct 19, 2018 2:45 am
Name: Jovi Ebinor d'Orien

Race: Dragonmarked Human of House Orien

Class: Wizard

Background: House Agent

Concept: Jovi is dragonmarked, although shy, coy, and a little embarrassed about just where. A favored son of House Orien, he has an interest in battle magic. His mother wishes he would focus on his skills as a courier, but Jovi believes that preparation ensures delivery. Jovi wants to one day join the elite couriers. The ones who take the really interesting jobs, and he believes through adventure and study of magic he can prove his worth. He comes from a large family, cousins and siblings always underfoot, and being firmly in the middle of the large clan, his elder relatives are always coming and going on guild business. Jovi has just begun his adventures, and even going further from home than he's ever gone, it always seems his family is there, looking out for him, or reporting back on him. How far will he have to go to be his own man?
Last edited October 19, 2018 2:45 am

You do not have permission to post in this thread.