Void Age - Playtest

Oct 2, 2018 3:53 pm
I didn't see this section when I first looked at the forum, but we have a playtest of a game underway currently. Take a read, and if you're interested, send me a DM. I'll send you a quickstart guide for the class of your choice.

We currently have two spots open. I will stretch that to three if I get responses from very active players.
THE BASICS
The system is basically a science fiction 13th Age with a few tweaks. That means that the system itself is already proven. All we're doing is testing the classes and the tweaks. I have specific classes I need tested the most. Those will be listed below.
THE SETTING
Void Age is set in the far future of the solar system. Earth is mostly abandoned after countless wars, and humanity is spread throughout the system, often modifying or even replacing their bodies with versions that suit them better. Mega-corps run most things now aside from a few old-style governments, and while disagreements generally don't progress to all-out war, there's always conflict simmering just under teh surface. Those that work for the mega-corps live in a near utopia, but those that don't often find themselves clinging onto the darker underbelly of society.

In the middle of this, the Orison have begun to appear through long-hidden jump gates scattered throughout the system, on Titan, on Europa, on Venus, and even on Earth. The anchors for those wormholes would have had to be built here long ago, before man even attained rudimentary spaceflight. Some hail the Orison as the gods that guided mankind, but the majority see them as a threat, and react with violence. They've been here for a generation now, and still no one knows why.

The story so far...

The group has been contracted to recover a data cache that's crash-landed on earth. Upon arrival, they discover that the data cache has landed in the middle of a hive of wasps larger than they are. Forced to find a safer way in, they head underground, travelling through an abandoned city now home to a tribe of uplifted gorillas.
THE CLASSES
These are the classes that need to be tested the most:

The Adept relies on his ancient martial arts and weapon training to survive.
The Gatekeeper uses his wormhole generator to make his allies more mobile and turn the battlefield into a death trap for enemies.
The Junker is a wanderer, accompanied by his companion, either an animal or mechanical creature.
The Vector takes a more nuanced approach to his psionic abilities, warping reality with his mind.
The Zerker overloads his numerous cybernetic attachments to be an unstoppable killing machine.
Last edited October 2, 2018 3:54 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.