D&D 5e Homebrew Campaign: Factions of Cragglerock

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 5, 2018 9:08 pm
Hello,

I have a homebrewed world I have been working on in a while that I would like to try out here, but it takes some time in starting as I need to work with PCs on where they're from, general goals, and how to get everyone to party etc... I was wondering if anyone was interested because this is more RP-focused, Political intrigue type game. There is also some homebrewed rules and specific races you can choose from, one of them being homebrew (and found on D&DBeyond).

Here is the introduction bit:

This is a morally grey campaign. Not everyone has or needs to be a hero, and not all the NPCs are morally good either.

This is a heavy-story, light-combat campaign. I will be rewarding inspiration for roleplaying and noting alignment shifts – however, this is only major, as the alignment system is more a guide and based on perception.

This is a campaign based in politics and connections. No, you may not be nobles, but you can still have power and change. Remember the world is breathing, and it moves, not just reacting to you.

There will be many plots transpiring, but also side-quests and time to gain money, useful items, and develop character. Don’t worry, sometimes you’ll get a break from the big picture.

There’re multiple ways this campaign can go, and even if you solve the problem, it doesn’t mean it needs to completely end.

Leveling up is milestone and won’t be super-fast just because we are not doing a lot of hard combat. Don’t worry, it’s more focusing on enjoying the game.

INTRO

Many different races populate Cragglerock, and there was one entrance to the surface and another to the Underdark. The entrance to the surface was well-guarded by the Forlorn’s Watch as the main line of defense, while the Mirthing Reef was the main export of minerals and gemstones which they received gold for their resources and ability to bring it back down along with supplies and other needs. Forlorn’s Watch received a cut of the profit for having free borders throughout their faction. The main food distributor to all the factions is Falcon’s Reach due to their hunting skills and navigation of the factions and the creatures within them. All those born in certain faction lands have that citizenship and may travel between borders in the different guard checks. You can apply for citizenship but depending on the faction, it may be years before it goes through. To leave to the surface, you must petition to your own government and it must be honored by the Forlorn’s Watch – at least, it used to be that way.

The Forlorn’s Watch guards the main entrance of the cave – what allows trade from the outside, communication, and free immigration and movement of people. However, they suddenly ruled they were closing off the entrance and moved rocks which have been rumored to be imbued with magic to cover the entrance. All while this is happening, there has been whispers of political strife. Recently, there has been pressure against the Mirthing Reef faction, and it seems that their productions have become slower, as the light of their energy crystals dim. Amongst this, it seems more "friendly" embassies from the Forlorn’s Watch have been spotted in all factions, even the Mourning Row. However, the King Wreath’s has noticed this and started to send embassies and ambassadors of their own to communicate with Forlorn’s Watch. As they push to overrule the smaller factions' governments, there has been talk and witness of state brutality and slaughtering in the night. Yet, none of the trials of those noticed have rung true. For now, you have noticed your family members hoarding items of health, and even some friends have been victims to abuse of the Forlorn’s Watch. What will you do, to stop this government?

(I have an entire document with all the information for the campaign needed to make character creation decisions, such as the pantheon, faction background, etc).

Let me know what you guys think!
Oct 6, 2018 2:40 am
Forgive me, but at first glance I seriously thought you were going to run a political intrigue game set in Fraggle Rock, which would've been awesome! :-D

But now that I've gotten got over my disappointment your game does sound like a lot of RP fun! If I wasn't in far too many games already I'd definitely join. I hope you find your players!
Oct 9, 2018 12:58 am
This does look cool! But like Jabes (well maybe not like Jabes - he's in 30 games or something crazy like that) I am overbooked. Good luck finding players! I would guess it fills up in hours if not days.
Oct 9, 2018 1:47 am
Sounds great! I like the idea of an intrigue focussed game and am definitely keen to join!
Oct 9, 2018 2:14 am
If anyone is interested, here is the game! https://gamersplane.com/games/1399
Oct 9, 2018 2:35 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Forgive me, but at first glance I seriously thought you were going to run a political intrigue game set in Fraggle Rock, which would've been awesome! :-D
I read Fragglerock at first as well...
Oct 9, 2018 2:36 am
It wasn't on purpose when it happened, but now I enjoy the joke when people mention it lol
Oct 9, 2018 5:12 am
Sounds fun! :) where is the doc with all the info?
Oct 9, 2018 5:14 am
Vorn369 says:
Sounds fun! :) where is the doc with all the info?
If you ask to join the campaign you can get access to the forums to see everything!
Oct 9, 2018 1:04 pm
I liked the idea!

I joined the game, just waiting for the aproval!
I want to roleplay a Hunter, who hunts for food in the Underdark borders of Cragglerock, and sells cheap for the poor.
My idea is to build a character that is something like a Robin Hood, that can blackmail some noble to his altruistic cause.
And maybe he'll slowly become less altruistic, as he starts seeing some personal gains at his reach.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.