Introducing myself

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 14, 2015 3:28 am
Hello all,

Per the FAQ, I'm posting a note here introducing myself. I've played RPGs since D&D Basic Edition, but last played as part of a group about 15 years ago through an online chat system. I find that I like reading through various RPG rules systems and have bought and read (and not played) several in the past year or two, including all the Star Wars Fantasy Flight core books, re-familiarizing myself with Traveller, One Ring, Fate, D&D 4e and 5e and more. Back in the day I used to GM more than play, but really enjoyed just playing when I was given the opportunity.

I've never done a play-by-post but thought I'd join in and look around and get a feel for how things worked. I'm hopeful that the implied freedom of schedule in PbP means that it's a model I can join. I'd happily join a more traditional group (or one that does it online in realtime) but my work and travel schedule put the kibosh on anything other than my weekends, and giving up a lot of time on weekends to non-family would put me in the doghouse. :)

Anyway, hello!
Sep 14, 2015 4:02 am
Welcome falryx! Play-by-post is great when you just gotta find time to fit in gaming, but donno when that is! Hopefully you find something here that works for you!
Sep 14, 2015 4:58 am
Welcome, Falryx! The flexible schedule of asynchronous play was what got me into PbP as well! I signed up to quite a few sites but I stuck with GP because for me it is by far the best because of the community. See you around! :-)
Sep 14, 2015 1:19 pm
Welcome, Falryx! Yes, there is no set schedules, which works for a group of random time zones and life styles well. I joined because I wanted to play more often and play different games than either of my two RL gaming troupes could support.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.