A player and GM in a desperate situation

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 7, 2018 2:50 am
Keleth graciously allowed me to post something here. Please take a minute to read it.

Click here to go to the campaign page.

Short description: The link above goes to a GoFundMe campaign I have set up. By November 1st, I will be without a home and unable to support myself. I am 26, autistic, and my only way out (my parents) take issue with my firm stance as part of the atheist and LGBT communities, being as they are very traditional Southern Baptists. If I go live with them, which is looking like the only option right now, I expect to be put under a lot of emotional duress at the very best. At the moment of writing this message, they attacked my decision to cry for help, so that's not looking great. Please take the time to go to the link, and if you can donate even one dollar, please do so. Every little bit will push me so far! Thank you.

Edit: I figured out how to unbreak the link.
Last edited October 7, 2018 8:10 am
Oct 7, 2018 5:23 pm
I'd like to give, but despite my situation getting better, I'm still in a precarious financial situation. Had I been able to give a bit less than the minimum + tip, I would have gladly given a few bucks.

Also, I noticed that you tried getting a college education. This might sound weird, but college has became a bit meaningless of late. Too many people going to college, too many useless degrees have basically cheapened the diploma, and you often just end up ranking up student debt.
If you ever feel like giving studies another try, might I suggest trade school. It's cheaper, doesn't last as long, and there are plenty of well-paying jobs you can get that way.

Anyways, best of luck.
Oct 7, 2018 5:32 pm
Wait, is there a listed minimum on my campaign? I didn't set anything like that!

Don't worry if you're not in a good position to give. Your support in other ways has been greatly appreciated. Yeah, here's what I was working with at 18. I was narrow-minded and brainwashed, had no interest in fame or fortune, and the only thing I wanted in life was to meet my true love, get married, and have kids. Part of that process involved getting a degree and getting a 9 to 5. It wasn't really something that I had chosen for myself, but the "way things are" as it was presented to me. In the current day, I have left that entire world behind. I did complete the program for Massage Therapy training, but that path went nowhere in the end and now I'm losing my license. No amount of donations could save it at this point. If I do a trade school in the future, I'm going to research what jobs are in high demand, and pick something regardless of my interest or talent.
Oct 7, 2018 6:17 pm
5$ USD + 1$ tip. Comes up to 6S USD total... which for me should come to about about 7.76$ CAD.
Oct 7, 2018 7:04 pm
I guess it's a required minimum then. I don't see any listed option for changing it. Thought that counts. :)
Oct 8, 2018 11:51 am
Hi,

I am sorry to hear about your situation. Especially since I know as a caregiver for an undiagnosed adult in the spectrum (who is 27) that managing to maintain a somewhat normal lifestyle can be extraordinarily difficult. I myself am unable to financially assist since autism for adults is probably the least supported (both financially and socially) difficulties only made worse by media portrayal of autism as basically a savant style social disability (read bones, the good doctor both the English and original Korean versions, and rainman).

I have been helping my brother-in-law for the last 7 years since it became ridiculously apparent that his parents were not capable of helping him in a healthy way. If you ever need help with anything let me know. There are very few support structures for adults on the spectrum and even less for people that act as their local immediate support structure.

Coming from a home life that is just as toxic (two paranoid adults one with clear signs of borderline personality disorder and one that for lack of a better description embraces their sociopathy) sometimes keeping your head down and taking their financial assistance might be the only palatable option but that does not mean that those people who feel obligated towards you through circumstance are people you need to feel any obligation to give any power over your life. You have communities out here (both gaming and LGBT) that while not perfect seem to be founded around people who care and want to help others in abusive exclusionary situations.

I usually get the chance to check in on GP two or more times a day so if you or anyone else needs to talk feel free to message me privately. Hopefully you can find a way to avoid going back to your parents because obviously your home is elsewhere.

WaR Ans
Oct 9, 2018 2:52 am
Huh, I didn't know someone in Bones was on the spectrum. Not that that was the point of this.

I'm definitely aiming to make my stay a temporary one, but it's looking like a year at the very very minimum. Probably will take several years to get everything sorted out and get out of there. Thank you for your words of support.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.