Sword & Sorcery (LFP)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 7, 2018 10:19 pm
Hey all, I'm looking to run a sword and sorcery-style game set in the world of Xoth (essentially a Hyborian Age derivative). For more info on the setting/system, you can check out the Xoth players guide pdf here...The modules all use a heavily-modified version of Pathfinder that strips out alignments, makes combat more deadly, and magic more sinister. The games are serial in nature (in keeping with the genre) and so could be conducive to running multiple characters, if that's your bag.

Post here with interest; looking for 4-6 players, ideally daily posting.
Last edited October 7, 2018 10:24 pm
Oct 8, 2018 12:57 am
I like the idea of it! What character sheets would we be using - Pathfinder?
Oct 8, 2018 1:26 am
Yeah, standard PF sheets...different classes and only human races, again, keeping with the SS genre.
Last edited October 8, 2018 1:27 am
Oct 8, 2018 3:32 am
Alright. I'm already seeing some character ideas, so if you do decide to launch a campaign, count me in!
Oct 8, 2018 5:12 pm
Cool Need several more, so I'll leave this up in hopes others have interest, but if you know of anyone that might be game, let them know to respond here.
Oct 8, 2018 5:18 pm
This sounds awesome but I am unfamiliar with Pathfinder. I only really know D&D 5th Edition. Will that be a problem?
Oct 8, 2018 7:03 pm
Nah, they're extremely similar. Won't be an issue.
Oct 9, 2018 2:27 pm
Ok, hopefully others will post here, but I'll go ahead and work on getting a game up...first time I've run a game on this site, so there will be a bit of a learning curve, plus I'm running a local COC campaign that I need to prep for :). Look for invites late this week, early next. I'll leave it open for others to join and can scale difficulty up or down based on number of players (S&S genres rarely have large parties anyway).
Oct 12, 2018 1:34 pm
Hello, I'm interested in this and have a fair amount of pathfinder experience but I have never heard of xoth. If this is not a problem I'd like to join.
Oct 12, 2018 1:41 pm
Not a problem at all! As I mentioned above, I'm going to be setting up a game and hope to send out invites early next week.
Oct 12, 2018 2:06 pm
Alright, that explains why I couldn't find the game. I'm reading the players guide right now, anything else I should know to start crafting my character in advance? Looking forward to this!
Oct 12, 2018 2:10 pm
Not really, no. Just make sure characters keep with the S&S genre, particularly with magic (magic is unnatural and corrupting). If you need any help, just ask!
Oct 12, 2018 4:42 pm
Got it. Are we using 25 point buy or something else? Also, does everyone get a human bonus feat at first level or is it just the "civilized" ones?
Last edited October 12, 2018 4:55 pm
Oct 14, 2018 12:30 pm
Yeah, "races" in this game are more like origin/ethnicity and carry their own rules, but all races get a bonus feat at 1st level.
Oct 14, 2018 2:21 pm
Sure. So everyone gets 1 feat at first level and civilized culture grants 1 more. Got it.
Oct 14, 2018 4:07 pm
hello I am new to GP but am familiar with the pathfinder system, and would like to join your game. It may take me a little bit to familiarize myself with the PlaybyPost system, because this would actually be my first game on this site.
Oct 14, 2018 11:32 pm
No worries at all....this is my first time running a game on GP, so it'll be a learning experience for us both.

I just created the game (interestingly, I thought I had kept it on private, but it looks like most have already requested access). Take a look at the forums, and ask any questions you might in the OCC thread.
Oct 14, 2018 11:34 pm
awsmack says:
No worries at all....this is my first time running a game on GP, so it'll be a learning experience for us both.

I just created the game (interestingly, I thought I had kept it on private, but it looks like most have already requested access). Take a look at the forums, and ask any questions you might in the OCC thread.
Private only means that people can't see the content of the game forums. If you don't want people requesting access to the game, you need to set it to "Closed"
Oct 15, 2018 2:13 am
Got it. Don't mind, just want planning on making public untill everything was ready. No big deal.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.