Site downtime

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 11, 2018 6:03 pm
If you were trying to get to GP for the last hour, you noticed that the site wouldn't load. I'm not positive what happened, but as you noticed, the site went down. I've managed to get it back up, but that involved a slight upgrade that SHOULDN'T break anything, but possibly may. I may also look into a new server with more up to date software, but that could also cause issues.

For now, if you notice anything, throw it into the bugs forum and I'll address it.
Oct 11, 2018 6:06 pm
As always, thank you for your hard work, Keleth!
Oct 11, 2018 6:09 pm
Thanks Keleth!
Oct 11, 2018 6:32 pm
Thanks! You're awesome.
Oct 11, 2018 6:52 pm
Thanks, Keleth!
Oct 11, 2018 8:41 pm
Cheers!
Oct 11, 2018 9:14 pm
Thank you, Keleth, for this and everything else you do.

Len

Oct 11, 2018 10:25 pm
I am super thankful for all the efforts you put into this site, Keleth. Much joy has come from it, for me personally, but also I witness it in others daily.
Oct 12, 2018 1:57 am
Thanks Keleth!
Oct 29, 2018 2:57 am
Keleth, I'm still experiencing issues connecting to the site reliably. I'm frequently getting error 500's and any page that does load does so very slowly.
Oct 29, 2018 10:41 am
Same here!
Oct 29, 2018 12:19 pm
Something has begun to hit the database to ridiculous levels the last few days, and I haven't been able to figure out what. I'm trying to get to it, but I'm not sure what's causing it yet. I'm trying to see if I can get/hire help, but haven't found anything on that regard yet.
Oct 31, 2018 5:05 pm
Thank you, Please keep us posted! This seems like a great site when I can get on.
Nov 1, 2018 4:35 am
Thank you Keleth. I have no administrative skills, but would it help to shut the site down, run a scan to clean it of any viruses, then bring it back up?
Nov 1, 2018 6:50 am
I cant get in for days at a time :(
Nov 1, 2018 7:20 am
Thanks for your continued efforts, Keleth. If it's any help, I seem to have more trouble logging in via Chrome on my phone than when using it on my laptop.
Nov 1, 2018 7:57 am
What kind of support do you need Keleth? Donations?
Nov 1, 2018 1:50 pm
Happy to say the site is working really good since this morning. Don't know what you did, but great job Keleth !!!
Nov 1, 2018 2:03 pm
Thanks for working so diligintly for us, You're the best!
Nov 1, 2018 3:22 pm
Yes, connectivity seems fantastic today at this time!
Nov 1, 2018 4:10 pm
Yes it seems much better today. Thanks for whatever you did.
Nov 1, 2018 4:33 pm
Anyone else feel like the Latest Posts feature seems off? Or just me?
Nov 1, 2018 4:34 pm
I have been posting a lot with my group. It does look like there are very few other posts though....
Last edited November 1, 2018 4:48 pm
Nov 1, 2018 4:53 pm
Thanks so much Keleth - The site's not only fixed, but much, much faster now. I don't really check the latest posts feature that often, however. Nonetheless, thanks for all the hard work you put in to this place.
Nov 1, 2018 4:53 pm
TY for the work on the site. I was having the same problem. Could the issue have been some sort of DoS attack?
Nov 1, 2018 4:59 pm
Sycophant says:
TY for the work on the site. I was having the same problem. Could the issue have been some sort of DoS attack?
Nope, terrible queries on my part.
Nov 1, 2018 5:04 pm
Keleth says:
Just did a quick check vs the forums list for the 20+ games I'm in, and the Latest Posts list seems consistent.
Nov 1, 2018 5:12 pm
Keleth says:
I can't access it at all on my mobile device (Android 9), however I can on my Surface Pro...

Here's what my mobile screen looks like when I try to go to Latest Posts (the full/expanded link list)...

https://imgur.com/I9zunhV.jpg
Last edited November 1, 2018 5:14 pm
Nov 1, 2018 5:16 pm
Qralloq says:
... the 20+ games I'm in...
Don't want to derail the thread but, can we all just take a minute to say, "😃😮😲😵🤯"
Last edited November 1, 2018 5:17 pm
Nov 1, 2018 5:19 pm
I fourth that, the site is working wonderfully now! Did you end up having to hire someone?

Edit: when i say i fourth that, i mean that when i pressed latest posts it took me to the first page, and i didnt see the second until i posted.
Last edited November 1, 2018 5:21 pm
Nov 1, 2018 5:25 pm
emsquared: Can you try clearing your cache? Not sure how you're getting that message, but seems like somehow you're hitting a file directly.

Filthy_Casual: No, didn't end up hiring someone. I got a bunch of help from ConstableBrew though.
Nov 1, 2018 5:28 pm
And thank you btw! IT is running great now!
Nov 1, 2018 5:43 pm
Keleth says:
emsquared: Can you try clearing your cache? Not sure how you're getting that message, but seems like somehow you're hitting a file directly.
Just tried it, doesn't seem to have changed anything.

Its one of several weirdnesses going on for me. I get a similar looking page if I click the Forums tabs, and when I click the The Gamers tab I see no users at all just the checkbox to Show Inactive Users. And in general I just have to be kind of particular how I navigate to posts (I can't use the "go to most recent post" arrow for any thread, I have to click the page number, and scroll down) as I'll run into that code wall at various junctures.

Can't imagine I'm the only Android 9 user here though, so it seems like it must be my specific device, I guess.

It's been going on since the Oct. 11 update, so I've developed work arounds for myself, and it's not something I'd want you to worry about for my sake.
Last edited November 1, 2018 5:44 pm
Nov 1, 2018 5:43 pm
Thank you, Keleth and ConstableBrew, for your great efforts!
Nov 1, 2018 5:54 pm
emsquared says:
It's been going on since the Oct. 11 update, so I've developed work arounds for myself, and it's not something I'd want you to worry about for my sake.
Yah, can't replicate on my phone (Samsung S9+), but I'll keep thinking on it. It's a really weird one, and potentially a security hole.
Nov 1, 2018 7:51 pm
Incidentally, during downtime we have been hanging out on Discord. Good place to get in touch if this happens again.

https://discordapp.com/invite/Z7rDyKb
Nov 1, 2018 8:37 pm
Ya know Knife, i tried posting that Monday/Tuesday when the site was kinda working, but it didnt post. :( but thank you for putting that up here i didnt think about it again until now :P
Nov 2, 2018 12:08 am
I've never seen the site run so fast! You must really have those hamsters running fast!

Keleth, if you ever need anything (I'm an idiot with computers), but I'm thinking $$ -- you've have A LOT of folks on here who will gladly support you however you need.
Nov 2, 2018 12:09 am
Thank you Keleth. The site works better than ever before.
Nov 2, 2018 12:24 am
This site is working amazing right now... good job all.
Nov 2, 2018 12:48 am
Looks like all is good again. Thanks Keleth :)
Nov 2, 2018 12:51 am
Fantastic upgrade! It's like night and day for use on my phone, I cant thank you enough!
Nov 2, 2018 2:54 am
Airickson says:
I've never seen the site run so fast! You must really have those hamsters running fast!

Keleth, if you ever need anything (I'm an idiot with computers), but I'm thinking $$ -- you've have A LOT of folks on here who will gladly support you however you need.
True statement. We might not all be able to pony up a bunch, but a bunch ponying up a little can mean a lot of help.
Nov 2, 2018 4:54 am
There are the Referral Links and "Support Us" button at the bottom of the page, if people are interested in sending some funds towards Gamers Plane.
Nov 2, 2018 5:28 am
And also do not forget to use the referral links at the bottom of the page when shopping online so a fraction of your purchase goes to GP. ;)
Nov 2, 2018 1:35 pm
Holy smokes the site is so fast now, nice work!
Nov 2, 2018 5:15 pm
Wow, from hardly being able to navigate the forums to lightning quick response. Well done and thanks!!
Nov 2, 2018 5:35 pm
I had come up with a procedure to minimize load time. Keep the forums list or recent post list open, and open each game update in a new tab.

It is so fast I can go back to open, back, open next, post, double back... Woot!

Len

Nov 2, 2018 6:03 pm
Thanks so much for your hard work on the site, Keleth!
Nov 7, 2018 12:45 am
Qralloq says:
I had come up with a procedure to minimize load time. Keep the forums list or recent post list open, and open each game update in a new tab.

It is so fast I can go back to open, back, open next, post, double back... Woot!
I agree; this is such a game-changer for me as it changes the way I post and play. Even organization of forums is a reasonable thing now (I used to loathe nested threads as it meant an extra load).
Nov 13, 2018 10:30 am
Same as Airickson, I'll probably change the forum's organization in regard of the new loading time. Great job Keneth!
Nov 14, 2018 3:28 pm
The site seems faster then when I first joined back in 2016. Whatever you magic your worked Keleth did wonders. Teach me your ways oh wise and powerful wizard. *bows in submission*

You do not have permission to post in this thread.