(Looking for Players) Return of the Runelords

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 26, 2018 12:58 pm
Hi!

I'm new, but I've DM'ed Play by Post games before in other sites. I'm looking for 4 players for the new Paizo AP, Return of the Runelords. It's the sequel to Rise of the Runelords, but takes place 10 years after the events of Rise. You don't have to have played or be familiar with the events of Rise to play in this. It referenced events that happened in Rise and in Shattered Star, but that's kind of built into the game, so prior knowledge isn't necessary.

HOWEVER, if you have played Rise or Shattered Star, especially if you completed them (whether it be in real life or pbp), I will need TWO characters from you -- the one you'll be playing directly, and your 17th level character you used in Rise or Shattered Star, as they will be involved in the campaign as well.

The game will start in a small town called Roderic's Cove, and each of the PC's will have been in the town for at least a month. Here's what I'm looking for:
[ +- ] Character requirements
I'm sure I'm leaving something out, so please let me know so I can fix it. Character submissions should have personality and history. You can put character here, and if you have any questions, post here or in the OOC forum on the game page.

Thanks!!!
Oct 26, 2018 3:08 pm
Since I kinda jumped the gun, and applied before this thread went live, I'll make sure to do this the right way this time. I tend towards playing tanks/frontline combatants. I'll go ahead and get something rolled up, and submitted in the next few hours.
Oct 26, 2018 4:37 pm
I've got the sheet written out with very little flavor but I will be working on the backstory and campaign hook for my character, would you prefer I submit my character and edit in the stuff or wait until its all glued together?

(I want to play a Living Grimoire Inquisitor styled as a Bible-beating, fire-and-brimstone, doomsday prophet who knows how close we were to annihilation by preventing Karzoug's plans, and joins the party because he projects himself as one of the few gifted with the knowledge to stop another armageddon)
Oct 26, 2018 4:57 pm
I'm interested. I'm at work so I can't work on a sheet just yet (will have something this weekend) if that's ok
Oct 28, 2018 8:46 pm
I and a friend would be interested in joining as well if you've the space for us.
Oct 29, 2018 4:23 pm
Actually, another quick question - would you prefer to have the character backgrounds on the sheet, PM'ed to you, or somewhere else? I'm still learning the site some, and everyone has their own preferences, so I though I should double check.
Nov 5, 2018 3:32 pm
I'd be very interested in playing Return of the Runelords. I've never played Rise as a player , but I GM'ed two sessions of the very start of it once at least. For characters, I love arcane casting, though generally spontaneous and not prepared. I'd love an opportunity to try out the Arcanist.
Last edited November 5, 2018 3:32 pm
Nov 18, 2018 5:59 pm
I would like to show interest in Return of the Runelords. I played a little bit of Rise of the Runelords.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.