Looking for Action-Heavy Game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 2, 2018 6:44 pm
Hey all. New to Gamers Plane, but not new to the PbP scene. Somebody recommended I give you guys a shot as a new source of games, so here I am.

Currently, I'm hoping to find a decent action-focused Pathfinder game, ideally not low level. While I enjoy RPing, I've got an itch for something involving some high-octane action/adventure.

Alternatively, I'd be down for some Shadowrun 5e, if anyone's crazy enough to run it. I've ran it for my live group a handful of times, but I've never really had a good chance to play SR. That said, I'd much prefer a Pink Mohawk-styled game than Black Trenchcoat.

Lastly, there is something odd-ball that I've kinda wanted to try out, but nobody around me wants to dive into: Legacy: Life Beyond the Ruins 2e (or its supplement, Rhapsody of Blood). Both of these are fairly new, so I understand if nobody want to tackle that one. I'm pretty new to PtbA stuff, but I have a degree of interest in the Legacy stuff (there's a story behind it, but that's for another time).
Nov 2, 2018 6:56 pm
Hey Yamazaki, and welcome. There is some SR 5e going on, we just started a game a month or so ago that I got to join, in fact.

As to Legacy, someone actually did run it a while ago (maybe not 2e though). We went for quite awhile, but eventually it ended suddenly. I don't remember why, other than it wasn't working as well as we had hoped it might. It turns out I'm not a fan of PbtA, at least not on PBP.
Nov 2, 2018 7:09 pm
Yeah, I wasn't sure how well Legacy would work in a PbP medium, but my live group is pretty resistant to learning new systems, so I'm poking around to see if anyone's willing to help me get the hang of it (because I know all to well, if anyone's going to run it, it'll be me).

But it's good to see there's some Shadowrun love around here. I know many people tend to balk at the amount of crunch and the terrible editing that plagues 5e, but I love it all the same.
Nov 3, 2018 2:59 am
Welcome to the site. I think Shadowrun works pretty well in PbP mechanics and RP wise. Post on in the Gamer Tavern that you are looking for an action heavy game, it can be a good place to find specific games.
Nov 3, 2018 2:50 pm
I do have the old D&D 3.5 Expedition to Castle Ravenloft campaign that I converted to Pathfinder. Since the end goal of this campaign is the dectruction of Strahd Von Zarovich, it is sort of action heavy, though not sure if its the sort of action you're looking for since it is gothic horror after all, and the party is roughly level 6-7-ish... But still, if that does sound interesting, I can always fit you in.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.