Rules of Play

load previous
Feb 1, 2016 6:15 pm
Merlin says:
I'm making a new rule. From now on I'll use blue font for in game side bars. Players will use green font.

Cheers.
I know that this is your rule, but honestly I doubt I will ever remember it. I use the OOC tag in all other 15 games that I'm in. I'll try, but I make no promises! lol
Feb 1, 2016 7:25 pm
Wow. That's pretty cool. Sorry Weylan, for being sorry. Seems you can do that.
Feb 1, 2016 7:26 pm
Ok... You use Ooc and I'll use green. I find it confusing everyone using same color.
Feb 1, 2016 8:35 pm
Merlin says:
Ok... You use Ooc and I'll use green. I find it confusing everyone using same color.
It's not that I refuse, it's just hard to remember for me since I'm in so many games. I can try if you'd like me to, and you can actually change the color of the ooc tags too
Last edited February 1, 2016 8:36 pm
Feb 1, 2016 9:30 pm
How do you change color of tag?
Feb 1, 2016 9:54 pm
Merlin says:
How do you change color of tag?
Put in the OOC Tag with a color inside of it(Gonna use a different bracket for demo purposes): {ooc}{color="green"}{/ooc}{/color}

Like so:
OOC:
I like pie!
Feb 1, 2016 10:22 pm
Thanks. Now can you explain to me what "I like pie" means, because my son says it all the time, and he hates pie!!
Feb 1, 2016 10:24 pm
Merlin says:
Thanks. Now can you explain to me what "I like pie" means, because my son says it all the time, and he hates pie!!
That's hilarious, because I used to say that all the time and I also hate pie. I've never known if there is a deeper meaning to it for some people
Feb 2, 2016 8:21 am
Just waiting for an answer to my question so I can post my action for this round. :-)
Feb 2, 2016 12:04 pm
Jabes, I agree shove is not an unarmed strike, so the shove can't be followed by a grapple.
Feb 2, 2016 12:59 pm
Merlin says:
Jabes, I agree shove is not an unarmed strike, so the shove can't be followed by a grapple.
Ok. Thanks!
Feb 4, 2016 1:33 am
Szent's AC is 18 with the shield. I think he's fine as far that attack goes, yes?
Feb 4, 2016 1:51 am
I checked your sheet and it said 16.
Feb 4, 2016 2:21 am
That's because he doesn't always use it so that he can make use of his two handed weapon thing. From now on I'll write the AC in the post when I explicitly have him use his shield.
Feb 4, 2016 2:30 am
Ok, I see you said you are using shield, but you probably appreciate I can't track everyone's character.
Feb 4, 2016 6:17 am
Somebody SHOVE that guard so we can mob him /chase the elf before he brings reinforcements!
Feb 4, 2016 10:40 am
Does D&D 5th edition allow tumbling or some other method of navigating through an opponent? I assume Szent is blocking the only space from our direction that the guard can be attacked from?
Feb 4, 2016 12:39 pm
No 5e does not allow that. It's on page 191 of PHB. Shove is a good idea but the problem you are having is you aren't working as a team. Granted you are young and inexperienced, but sooner or later you have to think your strategy isn't working.
Feb 4, 2016 3:43 pm
There are those optionel rules in DMG page 272 (if you want to use them):

1)OVERRUN
When a creature tries to move through a hostile creature's space, the mover can try to force its way through by overrunning the hostile creature.
As an action or a bonus action, the mover makes a Strength (Athletics) check contested by the hostile creature's Strength (Athletics) check. The creature attempting the overrun has advantage on this check if it is larger than the hostile creature, or disadvantage if it is smaller.
If the mover wins the contest, it can move through the hostile creature's space once this turn.

2)TUMBLE
A creature can try to tumble through a hostile creature's space, ducking and weaving past the opponent.
As an action or a bonus action, the tumbler makes a Dexterity (Acrobatics) check contested by the hostile creature's
Dexterity (Acrobatics) check.
If the tumbler wins the contest, it can move through the hostile creature's space once this turn.
Feb 4, 2016 7:34 pm
It was established before this game started that none of the optional rules will be in effect (click here). Szent and Weylan have melee access to the guard. If either of them shove him (a stadard rule, not optional) then we can get to him and shut him down. Equally important is getting to the elf before he calls for backup!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.