The Mines Of Mernrihm

load previous
Jul 8, 2019 6:51 pm
OOC:
That confused me too. Rynojo has the withered hand on his arm, it is kind of spliced together if I remember correctly. Kervard cut Rynojo's hand off, replacing it with Mr. Withery. This happened separately from the group but Rynojo or visually, tells you about it.
Jul 8, 2019 8:30 pm
OOC:
It was on Rynojo. Kervard had only one arm when you encountered him in the cell.
Jul 9, 2019 8:24 pm
OOC:
Then that's fully my mistake and I apologize. It's hard to remember certain details since it's days/weeks in between posts, and frankly, I don't wanna go and back read to find it. Forget I/he said it then.
OOC:
Edited.
Last edited July 9, 2019 8:27 pm
Jul 9, 2019 9:51 pm
As the Ha'Penny 6 work to aid as best they can, Mayor Broghtburrow quietly slinks out of his office in the back. A room a few of the 6 saw Rynojo exit from earlier. He looks around, searching for someone or something. His eyes widen when he sees it.
He waves his arm for someone to follow him and shouts. "Ah, Captain...Captain. Please come with me."

Captain Hiada had followed Terrian and Kek into the hall without a sound. Her slow movements and the fact her helmet was still on was a sign of shock. When the mayor spoke she quickly realized her helmet and almost ripped from her head. A few strains of hair being yanked out in the process. "Yes, sir." She says back. Her soldiers tone a sharp deviation from her solemn emotion just seconds ago. She follows the mayor into his office and the door shuts behind them.
Jul 9, 2019 10:38 pm
Rynojo sits, giving each child who returns with a container of any sort a single candle or two candles and a pat on the shoulder of those who weren't able to find any. He looks up from the group of children as the mayor makes an appearance, his eyebrows narrow at him almost unnoticeably. He gives a cursory glance at Hiada before he returns his attention back to the kids.
Jul 11, 2019 9:53 am
"Right....well, best go check how he's doing with things then" Terrian says as he turns from the others and heads over to where Rynojo is sitting. "So....hows everything going here? You seem to have this bunch in hand at least" Terrian says to the other halfling as he smiles at the kids.
Jul 11, 2019 8:46 pm
"Everything is as best as possible considering," Rynojo says, as he hands out the last candle "all thanks to my wonderful helpers." he stretches his arms out, motioning to the group of kids.

Rynojo looks at the main entrance then back to Terrian
HypCo sent a note to mcneils5
Jul 12, 2019 10:35 am
Terrian blinks for a moment and rubs the side of his head before glancing to Rynojo "Sure" he says simply
Jul 12, 2019 3:34 pm
HypCo sent a note to mcneils5
Jul 13, 2019 12:22 am
OOC:
Update tomorrow afternoon-ish. Wanrt to see if there is anymore conversations happenig. I know it has been slow going again.
Jul 16, 2019 7:00 am
Terrian smiles and nods before turning to the children "Hey kids, you wanna see a trick?". He squats down as they gather round "Watch closely" he says as he cups his hands together, a soft green light begins to glow from between his fingers as he whispers into his hands. As he opens them his hands are full of a number of small berries and Terrian smiles "These are really good, you can all have one if you want" and he passes them round.
OOC:
Casting Goodberry
[ +- ] Goodberry
[ +- ] Current Status
Jul 16, 2019 11:32 pm
OOC:
Sorry, was on Europa time.
The party takes their time making the town get as comfortable as they can. It is hard work trying to calm emotions through a people that have no real hardship experience. To them it must feel like the end of the world. They manage to calm most and reserve the fear in others, a success as best as it can be called at this time.

After about 2 hours Mayor Brightborough and Captain Hiada emerge from the back room. Her face with the expression of a large weight had been thrust upon her. His one of almost relief. Hiada wonders, pondering her thoughts, toward a chair nearest her and sits. The mayor back back into his office and shuts the door.
Jul 20, 2019 4:41 pm
Ryujin watches intently as Hiada and the mayor exit his office, and Hiada sits perturbed. Ryujin seeks out his nearest ally at that moment, Terrian, and inquires, "What do you think is going on there? You know her better than I do. Maybe you should go talk to her."
Aug 1, 2019 1:55 pm
Terrian glances over at Hiada "Not sure, guess theres one way to find out" he say's as he straightens and heads over to her. As he get's close he smiles and simply ask "Everything ok?"
Aug 2, 2019 2:13 pm
She seems distracted; lost in thought. She barley takes notice of the little halfling. Her response is slow when she finally turns to look at him. "Huh. Oh sorry, just distracted. The mayor...he..." She trails off lossing herself in thought again. The halfling sits next to her, placing a hand on her shoulder to softly get her attention. "Oh, sorry again. The mayor, he just asked me to do something and it is a bit much to take in. I am just...processing it." She says as she looks over the crowd of terrified townfolks. "I just don't think I can do it." A long silent moment passes before she speaks again. "You ever get the feeling the world is trying to break you?" Not really asking the halfling.

They sit in companionable silence for what felt like an hour but may have only been a few seconds. "He asked me to be mayor."
Aug 12, 2019 12:33 pm
Terrian whistles through his teeth "That's a fair responsibility in a town this size. Some would jump at the chance to run things, why are you so set against the idea?"
Aug 12, 2019 10:58 pm
"I can't be mayor." She says slapping her hand over her mouth realizing her volume. She continues, quieter this time. "I can't be mayor. I have no idea how to run a town. I can barely keep up with the jailhouse and this is a small community. All we get is petty theft and the occasional drunkered, but a town...the whole town..I..I..I." She stutters trailing off not able to finish her thought.
Aug 17, 2019 8:54 pm
Kek stands with his arms crossed, keeping a close watch on Rynojo, once again opening his senses to confirm what he already knows about the withered hand he now sports.

McDunno sent a note to DM_Apexwolf
Aug 18, 2019 5:50 pm
The day moves on and gives way to night. The air bites harder, hungering to take just one. The party does what it can to keep the people warm, fed, and together. The children tuck into their parents or each other, the bonfires started are tended to in shifts so they do not go out. They give the air an acrid smell of burning cold.

The morning cold bites less but the storm is still present. The townsfolk wake, or get up as sleeping would have been a chore into itself, and prepare what food they have.
Discussions on what to do next roll through the concourse as they finishing eating. The mayor, or old mayor, Mr. Brightborrow has ot been seen since his meeting last night with Hiada Ortuk. She however, is helping a family with an injured child.
OOC:
Anything you guys wish to do or anyone you want to speak with before I push this forward more? Also everyone gets ine point of exhaustion due to inability to comfortably rest. Even you Lash. Not a natural cold.
Aug 23, 2019 12:31 pm
Rynojo places his right hand on Hiada's back "Among other things, this is why I asked the 'mayor' to do what he did. Whatever you think or choose, know you're doing a better job than he ever did and ever will."
Last edited August 23, 2019 12:31 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.