1.1 The Singing Sword

load previous
Oct 6, 2015 6:17 am
Rufio stops his pacing to say just loud enough for those at the table, "Well what're we waitin' for? Let's go hunt some sewer rats!" He points a finger at Slink, "You're comin' with us or else you're likely to tell on us when sewer rat thugs come askin' questions."
Oct 6, 2015 10:37 am
"Even disliking the idea of entering the sewers, for once I agree with Rufio's urgency to act. We have to move quickly, I can't imagine what those thugs made to our poor girl"

Feylinde stands up and move toward the door.
Oct 6, 2015 11:44 am
"Let's hurry," Elden says, then turns to Slink, "you have to at least take us to the sewer entrance, then you can consider us even."

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+2)

(19) + 2 = 21

Oct 6, 2015 12:10 pm
"Slink, did you recognize those thugs?" Seneia asks. "Or did they have any markings or other things that would indicate who they were?"
Oct 6, 2015 9:09 pm
Looking relaxed, Slink appears to tense up at Seneia's question. He licks his suddenly dry lips. He leans into the table, to ensure that only those seated can hear him. "Shhhh. Do you think I was attacked just because I was passing by? They know I know, and they want to silence me." He binds his fingers together and glances around to ensure that no one else can hear what he is saying, then he leans in again. "You have heard of the Slave Traders, haven't you?"

(Roll insight) (or roll History)
Oct 6, 2015 9:14 pm
Elden tries to think of anything he might know about the slave traders.

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+5)

(8) + 5 = 13

History - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Oct 6, 2015 9:48 pm
I finish my performance, then walk over to the table. "Maybe I've sung that song a few too many times already. SIGH I need some new material."
Oct 6, 2015 9:58 pm
(Alanya, you did attract a small crowd of about eight people who appreciated your talent. Others looks slightly irritated because they considered your singing to interrupt their peace) you gained 12 cp
Oct 6, 2015 10:00 pm
Fighting the urge to go into the Singing Sword to see what's happening Szent continues to watch over the market place.

*what is taking so long in there*
Oct 7, 2015 12:23 am
Weylan pays particular attention, now that Slink is speaking of Milly and Slave Traders in the same thought.

Rolls

Insight (WIS + Proficiency) - (1d20+5)

(10) + 5 = 15

Oct 7, 2015 5:23 am
"Slink, my friend, that is exactly what I was saying earlier", Seneia says. "They clearly know about you. They are ready to get violently rid of you. There is no reason for you to not tell us everything you know. But Slave Traders, you say…?"

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Oct 7, 2015 6:37 am
"We've got to get her back. NOW." Rufio fights to keep his voice down. Gritting his teeth, he continues, "Slave Traders. The name needs no explanation But here's what I know..."
Last edited October 7, 2015 6:38 am

Rolls

Insight - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Oct 7, 2015 10:23 am
Feylinde gently pats Alanya shoulder as she pass by "Nice song.", then noticing the others still whispering at the table she gets closer to them.
Oct 7, 2015 4:25 pm
Semaj turns to look at Alanya and nods, show he appreciates good music. He continues his vigilance around the entrance, watching those coming in and leaving and ready to react should the need arise.

grandmaster sent a note to Merlin
Last edited October 7, 2015 4:27 pm

Rolls

Perception, watching for thugs and other unsavory characters - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Oct 7, 2015 9:51 pm
Only Weylan and Rufio have the vaguest idea what Slink is talking about. (Private notes follow).

Samej, meanwhile, sees thugs and unsavory characters everywhere, almost to the point of paranoia. As he watches another shadowy figure walk by he realizes there is no immediate threat, as far as he can tell.

Merlin sent a note to jabes.plays.rpg
Merlin sent a note to spaceseeker19
Oct 8, 2015 5:46 am
"Yes, I've heard of them..." Weylan exchanges a worried look with Seneia (who may not look concerned) and Rufio (who probably does). "More of a rumor than a threat, I thought. If the rumors are true, then Milly's in serious trouble...maybe everyone is. I agree; we should go." Weylan stands, then, to Slink: "Find someplace safe, while we put a stop to these guys. I don't want to rescue Milly only to find you hurt for just talking to us. Unless you want to stick with us...?"
Last edited October 8, 2015 5:48 am
Oct 8, 2015 11:27 am
"Come with us, Slink. They're already after you. There's no hiding from them, and at least you'd be a lot safer with us, don't you think?"

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+5)

(5) + 5 = 10

Oct 8, 2015 6:06 pm
"If you don't have a safe place, I think that's the best option you have Slink. Maybe it's time even for you to deal with those thugs once and for all" says Feylinde nodding at Alanya words.
Quote:
OOC: I would like to HELP Alanya in her persuasion check, to give her advantage if possible.
Oct 8, 2015 11:33 pm
Slink nods at Weylan's observation. "I can confirm there is an underground slave trade in Waterdeep, but our city does not condone the activity at all. When people go missing, it's probably the slave traders at fault. I assume they are kept hidden until they are shipped out of Waterdeep to offshore islands for processing. If you are to save your friend you will need to hurry. I have no idea how efficient they are."

At the request to accompany the orphans he shrugs. "I'm not sure about that."
Oct 9, 2015 1:02 pm
Elden will stand and nod to Slink, "Thank you for your help, it sounds like we may not have much time so we'd better hurry up if we want to rescue Milly."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.