Train Busters game thread

load previous
Oct 31, 2015 8:03 pm
Saul finally registers Persimmon's unnatural arm. What the blazes?! "Unhand me this instant, madam! I'm not the enemy here!" He opes in his pocket and pulls out one of the poison darts for his Amazonian blowgun. He nicks Persimmon's arm - just a scratch - to incapacitate her without killing. As Persimmon goes limp he passionately yanks and twirls her towards him in a perfumed swirl of skirts like a flamenco dancer. He relieves her of her jewelry to help her breathe better before laying her down gently in the relative safety beside a downed Cheyenne horse.

Sacrificing 1 gum for Amazonian Flamenco. Olé!
Nov 1, 2015 4:54 pm
Everyone stops what they are doing to stare in dumbfounded amazement at the dancers. Persimmon's grip slackens and releases Saul's neck as she discovers that she is delighted with dancing; her snake arm delicately raises, the flexible appendage sinuously describing complex curlicues in the air above her head as she spins and twirls. Saul spins her away from him and she twirls, her skirts billowing out about her. Saul grabs the tip of her reptilian arm/tail and yanks on it, causing Persimmon to spin back to him, the arm wrapping around her like a returning yoyo. He catches her in his arms, their eyes inches apart, both panting, her eyes dilated, and he leans in toward her as if for a kiss...and scratches her with the thorn. The tension goes out of her body with a gasp, and he lays her tenderly to the ground.

The crowd of Cheyenne, US cavalry, various horses, Luke, and the purple-robed giants all break out into applause. Today has been a mixture of horror and beauty like none of them have ever known. Unfortunately, the horror resumes. The hideous gray shape that has formed at the locus of the fire and earth reaches out a fuzzy appendage and smothers one of the purple-robed giants. In the silence, the sound of squishing and snapping is terribly audible. Everyone leaps back into motion, firing guns, riding horses, screaming and yelling and running pell-mell across the prairie as the shapeless mass rears up above them all.

spaceseeker19 sent a note to spaceseeker19
Saul: 3 gum
Nov 1, 2015 5:19 pm
Shaken, but not defeated, I scramble to my feet and take stock of the situation. The rising mass of horror and the chaos it is sewing in the congregated people catches my attention. I look to the cockpit, and see the new occupant determinedly directing the train-bot towards its original destination. I throw myself into small space and start fighting with him over the controls, directing the robot to engage the mass of horror. As I struggle, I move to elbow the man in the face to stagger him so I can punch a button to make the robot engage the mass and suplex it back into the hell it came from.

Rolls

Badass robot suplex - (1d10)

(9) = 9

Nov 1, 2015 11:43 pm
Clarence gazes at his trunk and paws through it, wondering what could be useful in this case. It seems like electricity isn't a good path to proceed down, as there's plenty of lightening around and the purple things don't seem to bothered by it. Still -- clouds -- winds disperse clouds. The steam whistle is off in the robot thing, and he no longer has a handy way to get back into control - so there goes an immediate option on generating high pressure and directional... wind of sorts.

He continues to paw, setting aside pieces or shuffling them around, "No, no, no. That won't do at all." That said, given he's more inclined to get this show back on the (rail)road, he turns and says "A-ha!" to himself. "I'll turn the dining car into a locomotive. I have many of the requisite items in the kitchen, it will just take a little leverage and the occasional simple machine to extrapolate and extend the forces applied." He begins to promptly get to work on turning the dining car into a self-propelled one. "This may take some time."

A bubblegum sacrifice will do.
Nov 2, 2015 3:57 pm
Clarence becomes a whirlwind of activity, moving into a blur whipping around and around the dining car, disassembling and reassembling it into a locomotive; as a new smokestack rises up, Bonny rushes through, leaping with a graceful bound (her blood describes an arc behind her) to the top of the smokestack, and then flips over into a moonsault double foot stomp, hitting Frank feet-first. He is thrown to the side, stunned, and she lightly lands in the control seat.

Under her control, the Mechanical Man pirouettes (which is something to see), then cartwheels over to the vast bulk of the red-lit beast as it finishes taking shape. Another long "foot" has stomped outward, crushing a horse and its rider. The body has elongated, two smaller appendages have extended from the torso, a head has formed with two protuberances like horns sprouting up from the back. As it rears up to its 30' height and roars, the Mechanical Man grabs it from behind, lifts it up and rolls backward, slamming the head of the Beast solidly into the ground with a tremendously deep "PFFFFT!" noise.

Clarence completes the locomotive; it's not pretty, but he's managed to include some improvements, while allowing for the fact that it will be pushing the coal car and so needs access to the furnace supplied from the front.

Ezekiel continues to fire his pistols at the formerly dead man, who has now turned completely into a giant snake monster. Then his guns click, and he realizes he's emptied both cylinders into the thing, with no apparent effect (other than pushing it back, away from his face for a moment).

Bonny: 3 gum
Frank: 6 gum
Ezekiel: drops 1, down to 5 gum
Persimmon: 6 gum
Chhun: 6 gum
Clarence: 5 gum
Luke: 8 gum

Rolls

Ezekiel (kick ass against 6 gum) - (1d10)

(5) = 5

Nov 2, 2015 4:18 pm
Frank, shaken up by the solid chest kick from Bonny, staggers to his feet. Seeing that she's busy battling some sort of bizarre beast, Frank decides it's not in his best interests to interfere. Instead he will retrieve the blasty cannon, reach into his coat and pull out a couple of pieces of metal. Using them to mount the blasty cannon to the mechanical man, he converts it into full-auto mode and proceeds to open fire on the beast.

Sacrificing bubblegum!
Nov 2, 2015 4:51 pm
Frank, head spinning still, comforts himself with modifying the Mechanical Man. It is only when he has completed his task and he's firing the Rotating Exploding Blasty Cannon into the bulk of the Beast that he recognizes it for what it is...

Oh, the Horror...!

Frank: 5 gum
Ezekiel: drops 1, down to 5 gum
Nov 2, 2015 4:59 pm
Frank, realizing what he's up against (the GOD of all Dust Bunnies), grins crazily. Finally! What I've been working towards for so long! with that thought he pulls out a mushy green wad of leaves; a concoction of leaves gathered from all over the world. He quickly stuffs it into his mouth and leaps from the mechanical man, leaving his blasty cannon behind. As he falls he begins to grow rapidly until he hits the ground. Standing 30 feet tall he grabs hold of the DB and begins to wrestle it to the ground.

Another bubblegum down!
Nov 3, 2015 4:47 pm
Clarence completes his new locomotive; all that remains is to start and stoke the furnace so that it comes up to steam, and the train will resume its journey.

Bonny has control of the Mechanical Man; an unmanned turret gun swivels aimlessly at her left shoulder, ready to fire.

Saul sees a giant snake monster (let's call him "Billy") slither past him and strike a horse fast as a blink. The horse shrieks in agony and falls over atop its rider with a crunch. Luke jogs over and retrieves the rifle that the rider dropped, bank notes fluttering out in his wake from his valise overstuffed with money.

Frank has grown to colossal size, standing naked as a jay bird a good five feet taller than the Mechanical Man and nearly as large as King Dust Bunny. The two titans grapple, the assorted bundles of hair and skin cells in the abomination making it hard to get a good grip.

Ezekiel tosses his guns aside. Clearly, this is no longer a gun fight. He grabs the giant snake's jaws in his hands, a fang sinking deep into his palm, and he proceeds to wrestle the snake to the ground. It wraps its coils about him and tries to squeeze the life out of his body, but he persists, bending the snake's jaws back, farther and farther, until he tears the bottom jaw off of the snake and beats the rest of its head with it. The snake goes limp at last, and Ezekiel gains a level (3rd level Snake Puncher).

Frank: 4 gum
Ezekiel: 5 gum

Rolls

Ezekiel tries to be kickass - (1d10)

(7) = 7

Nov 4, 2015 4:12 pm
Clarence likes to think he's as brave as the next man -- no braver even. But balderdash! Clarence needs to be in Phoenix soon and this train is awash with people who must be frightened into utter incomprehension and petrificationated! He heads to the coal car and begins doing what he can to stoke the engine. It's time to get this thing moving and get some distance from these goings on. And on a side note, Clarence thinks he should cut back on some of the heavy metals he's been playing with because he's clearly hallucinating just a little too much. Giant naked men, indeed.

Rolls

Mundanely throwing coal at a steam engine 5 = - (1d10)

(9) = 9

Nov 5, 2015 12:08 am
The coal shovel snaps in Clarence's hands, and he gets a series of painful splinters in his hand trying to use just the head of the tool. No, it won't work. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be another coal shovel around (the Cheyenne forgot to drop them in their hurry).

Clarence: 4 gum
Nov 5, 2015 9:10 pm
"Ouch." Clarence nurses his hand and clearly needs to do something a bit more automated to make this work. "I was never cut out for physical labor anyway." He heads back into the dining car-turned-engine and takes some of the larger pieces of flatware out of the wall to create a series of high-suction fans. The brass railing from the bar is hollow, and with a little clever manuvering he can turn it into a suction hose that will suck up coal and then cross the rubicon and propel into the engine. He gets to work.

Rolls

Building a coal shooter from barely anything seems kinda kickass: 4 - (1d10)

(6) = 6

Nov 6, 2015 3:16 pm
Clarence creates a hose and begins to siphon coal through the Power of Technology!

The furnace roars up and the boiler regains steam. With a shriek of the new train whistle (he couldn't resist fashioning one), the new locomotive begins pushing the coal car down the track, pulling all the other cars along behind it.

Ensconced in the turret of the Mechanical Man, Bonny sees the train start to leave. Meanwhile, Frank has pinned the King Dust Bunny, but its body is beginning to wriggle around his arms, engulfing him.

The giant snake is swallowing the horse next to Saul. As the caboose begins to move past, another snake slithers out of the back of the train, looking for prey. The cavalry is regrouping south of you, and the Cheyenne are preparing to cross the tracks and head north once the train is past. Luke uses his rifle to shoot one of the retreating cavalry soldiers and leap into the saddle in his place. He wheels the horse west and it rears up dramatically, large-denomination bank notes winging through the air in its wake.

Frank: 4 gum
Ezekiel: 5 gum
Clarence: 4 gum

Rolls

Luke: Hijacking a horse (kickass vs. 8 gum) - (1d10)

(8) = 8

Nov 6, 2015 4:13 pm
I am briefly confused, as I recalled the train transforming in to the mechanical man - but now I see the train departing.. The adrenaline, and dwindling supply of pink-chew, quickly suppress the confusion and I once again have purpose. I jam the mechanical man's controls, setting it on a trajectory to intercept the train. I leap from the control area, and remove the blasty-cannon from its turret configuration. With the powerful weapon in hand, once the train is near enough, I leap down into the cabin, using downward blasts from the cannon to slow my descent, and upon landing point my weapon towards whomever is in control of the train.

I do admit, I'm quite a bit confused myself with all the transforming and disparate chaos. You've done a good job reinterpreting things to make sense in the context, so carry on with that if I've become lost in my vision of the scene.

Rolls

HIJACK TRAIN - (1d10)

(4) = 4

Nov 6, 2015 4:21 pm
Frank begins working his arms and hands against the bunny, rubbing and pressing, trying to force the collection of hair, skin, and dust to tangle istelf into a ball.

OOC: You can do with the hair you pull out of a hairbrush, or any collection of dust and debris particles. If you rub it together enough in your hands it works down and gets tangled into a tiny ball.

Ugh! Terrible roll! Not sure if we can use bubblegum after the roll? If so, that is what I will do.
Last edited November 6, 2015 4:21 pm

Rolls

Making a Hair/Dust ball - (1d10)

(1) = 1

Nov 6, 2015 6:44 pm
Clarence is going to leave the train on autopilot. It's a train, after all and can go where it goes because of the rails -- not like it needs someone watching it or anything. Confident in his engineering prowress he wanders back deeper into the engine, looking for a snack. It's time to build a proper, heroic sandwich. I mean.. like 3 feet tall. Inventing and working is hard work, and now that he's back on his way to San Francisco, surely he can relax.

Rolls

Making an outrageously awesome sandwich - 4 gum - (1d10)

(10) = 10

Nov 6, 2015 9:07 pm
Saul knows what he needs to do. He mounts a passing riderless horse and gallops toward the cavalry to assume command. Once done he'll take command of the Cheyenne as well, and rally his troops against the titanic dust bunny.

Rolls

kickass vs 3 gum - (1d10)

(4) = 4

Nov 7, 2015 10:11 pm
Frank starts to roll the Dust Bunny, and in its desperation, it picks up a dead horse and slaps him with it. He rocks back on his heels, and the Dust Bunny presses its advantage, flogging him with a dead horse.

(sorry, no spending gum after the fact)

Clarence, in an inventing groove, is unable to do something as prosaic as making food to eat. He keeps making sandwiches that then come to life and run around the passenger car, chittering in their own "Kahld Khat" language.

Bonny hijacks the newly-crafted train engine that Clarence created, but without exiting the Mechanical Man. Instead, she stomps over, lifts the new engine off the tracks, and miraculously hitches it to her own mount. Doubled boiler capacity lends a burst of speed as she hooks the train to her robot's waist and jogs down the tracks.
spaceseeker19 sent a note to Candi
Saul dominates all of the cavalry and Indians. He wheels his forces to see the train leaving, Luke galloping his horse after it.
Nov 8, 2015 12:46 am
The walking, chittering sandwiches are making Clarence hungry, but he feels bad about the idea of eating something that appears to have invented its own society and language. He considers, for a moment, stepping forward and attempting to gather their attention and love with, "Friends, sandwiches, countrymen. Lend me your ears." But he was never particularly deep on Shakespeare and is having problems ensuring the right meter -- and really, Caeser has nothing to do with the sandwiches, but... perhaps there's a salad he could invent...

Either way, despite his hunger, Clarence will leave the sandwiches, and sandwich-making alone. He's in an inventing grove, so it's time to invent. Some of that weird green goo he spotted somewhere might be able to co-mingle with a mechanical contraption to make food. Assuming its not poisonous anyway. Clarence marches off in search of some goo. San Fran is still a ways a way, and if he can't have a sandwich, he'll invent a meal-o-maker... a chefaton... a... hrm. The name will come later.

Rolls

Mundanely searching for some green goo. Hope it's not poisonous. 4 = - (1d10)

(8) = 8

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.