Episode 1.1 - Bpfassh

load previous
Oct 26, 2015 12:18 am
Eliasen frowned at Khan, then cast her eyes across the group several times. "Men! If you're going to get shot up a couple more times you might want to double the quantities. Even then it won't be more than a single pack's load for one of you."

"I don't really need anything else, but yes a few are harder to find."

She borrowed the datapad back from Valoris for a few moments. With a few taps she highlighted three items on the list.

"These three will be the hardest for you to find. Though, with bacta dominating the market I don't think a little kolto should be difficult to come by. These other two aren't restricted, but are more serious stimulants and pharmaceuticals. The main reagent is of my own design, and I've enough of it to last till the conference—"

"Assuming no heroics! Seriously, Valoris, you're really lucky that Wuc'vulog is a good surgeon."
Oct 26, 2015 3:26 am
Valoris looks at the Doctor with a playful smirk. "If I've learned one thing in my life it's never leave a man behind. If no one needs saving, then I've got no reason to be a hero. That said, I may need to invest in a helmet."
Oct 26, 2015 10:22 am
"Shall we get on then?" I start off in the direction Case left in, stopping and looking over Wuc'vulog's shoulder, "I'm not bad at tracking things down... what did you say we were looking for? I'm better at tracking sentient creatures than things, but I've been known to find a thing or two on a lucky day. Of course, most things worth having are things other folks have, and so it's always been a matter of figuring out who has it, and finding them..." I'm clearly starting to ramble at this point.

Two of Mado's skills are Tracking and Researching, which halves the time needed to track/research and removes 1 setback die from such an effort. Tell me what to track/research and I'll give it a whirl!
Last edited October 26, 2015 10:23 am
Oct 27, 2015 1:36 am
Seven jogs to catch up to Mado. "I say we try to find the local Tapcaf that the spacers hang out at. They might know gets shipments of that stuff. A bonus if the bartender can make a decent Tatooine Sunrise..."

Ooc:I've got some points in Underground, if that will help.
Oct 28, 2015 10:15 am
I scratch my chin, turning my mind towards the list of chemicals and reagents, "Maybe we should get the goods for the doctor first. At least then, should things go belly up, we can scram in a hurry without having to go shopping. I've not been here before, but I've been lots of places. The same kinds of scum and villains that can get your hands onto these things are everywhere, and they usually frequent the same kinds of places." I furrow my brow, look over the list again, and start off towards civilization. My mind, and body, focussed intently on the task at hand - scare up some chemicals.

I'm using Intense Focus, suffering 1 strain to upgrade the ability of my check once. Researcher means this will take half the normal time. I figure, in the interest of moving the game on, since Wuc'vlog hasn't shared information about our actual target, we could just trundle along and do the grocery shopping. Here's to hoping I rolled the dice right!

Streetwise (3 Cunning, 0 Ranks) - 3 Green
Difficulty 2 Purple
Intense Focus - Upgrade Ability, turning a green into a yellow?

Rolls

Streetwise for Chemicals

2 Success, 1 Triumph, 2 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 2 Threat, 1 Triumph

Oct 29, 2015 12:06 am
As we head to town, Wuc'vulog relates the secret mission details to the others. "I'll need ask of your skills to accomplish this, so I propose an equal sharing of the reward, after the ships expenses of course."
Oct 29, 2015 4:17 am
A proton pump, eh? I wouldn't mind getting a closer look at that myself. Maybe I can do some research to see if any underworld groups are talking about this thing. I think the first thing to figure out would be if it's someone who stole it to sell it or to study it themselves.

OOC: what kind of difficulty would I have to use Underworld to come up with some possible suspects or interested parties?
Oct 29, 2015 10:28 pm
It only takes about ten minutes of walking to find a vendor selling the requested chemicals and pharmaceuticals. It's lucky your group had Mado around, as with a quick question to a person here and there the search practically concluded itself. The shop is set a little back from the thoroughfare but comes highly recommended.

You find yourselves just outside Madre Mephidag's Medicinals. It's an average looking shop from the outside, but the interior is jammed with every medicinal thing imaginable. There's kolto, bacta, medicinal components, medical droids, and even traditional Zeltron remedies. Things appear organized haphazardly, such that you might struggle to find something but the proprietor would not. Madre Mephidag is a short, middle-aged Zeltron with rose-colored skin and indigo hair. Eccentric for her kind, she is dressed more modestly than any other Zeltron you've seen. Like all Zeltrons she looks familiar, and has that familiar coy smile on her face. As you walk into the shop you instantly feel at ease.

"Welcome gentlemen! I am Madre Mephidag, what can I help you with?"

(OOC: Thrakazog, 2 purple for Underworld if you'd like to find out things like interested parties.)
Oct 30, 2015 11:41 am
I smile, briefly making eye contract with Madre, and then drift my attention towards the haphazardly collected goods and wares, "We need a few items. Reagents, chemicals and the like. I believe Khan has the list. Khan, what did you say we were looking for?"

If I get 1 L power, I'm using Sense to sense Madre's current emotional state. If I get 2 L the second one will be spent to sense all living things within short range (including sentient and non-sentient beings), because there's nothing else to spend it on! As our Destiny pool is very sad, I won't flip any Destiny.
Last edited October 30, 2015 11:41 am

Rolls

Sense!

2 White Force Points

Oct 30, 2015 12:14 pm
Madre is currently curious, and slightly eager in anticipation of something. There are four other beings in the building. One is in a back room, far enough away to be a workshop or living quarters. Another is in the restroom. And two humans are just over there behind the cluster of medical droids, ignoring your group completely because of their argument over if they should grab a traditional remedy or just buy a drug for something.
Oct 31, 2015 3:08 pm
Seven looks around, wonders to himself if this is the kind of place that sells glitterstim.
"Hey, I'm going to hit the refresher while you guys buy our stuff".
Seven then walks over and knocks on the restroom door. "Hey buddy wrap it up. Beings are waiting".
Oct 31, 2015 3:47 pm
Wuc'vulog looks about the establishment, curious as to the local nuances in medical practice. His clinic specialized in Twi'lek preferences, which included a number of questionable treatments meant more to sooth the mind of the patients than be an actual curative. Still, a calm patient was more apt to accept the proper treatment, and so it was quite useful. As he peruses the wares, his memories drift back in time, inevitably to the clinic closing and Poklo'lay leaving him and relocating to Coruscant. 'Someday,' he thought, 'if not today.'
Oct 31, 2015 5:19 pm
Khan hands the Doctor's datapad to Madre. "In addition to the items listed here, I need some fast-acting combat stims."

Khan's picking up some stimpacks for next time he inevitably gets shot.
Nov 3, 2015 1:34 am
As Thrakazog knocks on the restroom door a distinct thrumming rumble indicated that an Ithorian was inside. A second later the synthesized voice of a translator provided, "One moment gentle being. I shall finish presently." After about a minute the door opens and a female Ithorian walks out, and wanders out of the refresher and into the shop.

Madre takes the datapad from Khan and skims the list briefly. "Yes, I have all these things in stock today. I wouldn't be surprised if a former soldier such as yourself got into trouble now and then." She gives Khan a breaming smile that transitions into a knowing smirk. "Combat stims are prepackaged, 25 credits apiece. They're on the rack behind you."

As Madre walks around from behind the counter, she looks down the hall at the back of the shop and raises her voice. "Lissa! Mother needs help with an order." Without awaiting a response, she starts collecting things from the list and placing them into a basket.

"I'm curious, most these things don't make sense to buy unless a medical bay was practically emptied. Did you just acquire a ship with an empty medbay or something?" She asked, not quite sure about the idea.
Nov 3, 2015 8:17 am
After she recognizes Khan's face he pulls up his hood and face scarf. "Ship's medbay got trashed when we had a rough jump. We're having to replace most of it.
Nov 3, 2015 9:06 am
As the others take care of business I start looking through the goods and wares that are strewn about, picking the occasional thing up and inspecting it very curiously before putting it down and becoming fascinated with something else. I hardly notice my sudden awareness of that there are four others here, two arguing about remedies near the droids, the one who has just left the restroom and a fourth in the workshop or living quarters - probably Lissa. That I know Madre is eagerly anticipating something and feeling curious also doesn't strike me as novel or strange... After all the feelings are written on her face, and in her mannerisms.

After Khan answers her, but before she can reply with another probing question, I look up from the herbal supplement I was examining intently and ask, "Is there someone important you are expecting?" My remark makes me become conscious of my appearance, and I hurriedly dust off my hat and straighten it on my head, "You just seem... like you're looking forward to something."
Nov 3, 2015 2:08 pm
Seven nods to the Ithorian as she passes and makes his way into the refresher and says to no one in particular, "Gah! I thought they smelled bad on the outside!"
Nov 5, 2015 3:42 am
Madre looks surprised for a moment, then laughs. "Yes, I suppose I am anticipating someone important. My husband had to take some work off planet, and I haven't seen him in nearly half a cycle. It's hard to mind a shop and raise a little one with him gone"

About this time Lissa, an 8 year old half-Zeltron comes skipping into the room. She's a bit tall and lanky for her age, but shows signs of grace and future beauty. Once in the room she's mindful of the eyes on her, and she abruptly stops her skipping and walks quietly to her mother.

"Lissa, please finish collecting these items while I measure the kolto and other more valuable products," Madre indicated the items on the datapad, but didn't hand it to her daughter. Lissa crouched down and continued gathering a variety of boxed products into the basket while Madre moved to a locked cabinet. She opened the cabinet and drew out three secure fluid storage tubes, commonly used to transport chemicals like kolto, bacta, and such, and began measuring carefully.

"I am serious though. Most of these chemicals are common, but most of those stimulants and component chemicals hardly need to be stocked even once a cycle on a larger craft. Your ship must have been a wreck after a jump like that," she mused.
Nov 5, 2015 1:18 pm
"Indeed. It was quite a mess." Khan's beginning to feel uncomfortable. His eyes narrow as they begin scanning the room, regularly looking towards the entrance and door to the back of the shop.
Nov 6, 2015 9:13 am
I notice Khan's unease and place a hand on his shoulder, "Remember, we're not to get shot again." I smile and look to Madre, "We've had a rough ride to Bpfassh. I'm just happy to have my feet back on the ground, and to be restocking our stores."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.