Episode 1.1 - Bpfassh

load previous
Dec 9, 2015 2:50 am
(OOC: Candi, sure you can introduce a common history for both advantages.)

The hatch on the Turtle descends with a hiss and a heavy thunk on the pavement. Dr Eliasan slowly walks out to meet both Khan and Wuc'vulog.

"Is it always this 'lively' with this crew, Wuc'vulog?" Eliasan's voice now comes partly over the comlink, the rest carrying the remainder of the distance normally. "Research work is boring, usually. I can take that and stow it aboard the ship," she extends her arms to take the load from Khan.
Dec 11, 2015 2:10 am
"Galactic life. Wasn't this exciting in my clinic, until the ... well, until I had to hit the space trails seeking my fortune." He tosses his lekku petulantly. "I'll do my best to keep you out of it, dear."
Dec 12, 2015 1:00 pm
"Off to Adoom then." I nod, more to myself than anything, and start tracking down the lead, "If one of you has sufficient range, you should inform the others of where we will be." I tap my handheld commlink, "Not very helpful outside a ship I'm afraid."
Dec 15, 2015 1:32 am
Dr Eliasan pats Wuc'vulog on the shoulder, "I appreciate the thought, Wuc'vulog, but I'm already in it. I won't keep you from finishing your business. So far, it's just a stranger life than I'd anticipated."

She turns and starts back toward the ship with the medical supplies. With a glance and a grin, she looks back at the two men, "Maybe you can avoid a fight if you try tact this time, Khan."
Dec 15, 2015 7:27 pm
"Let me know when you can kill Imperials and gangsters with tact." Khan smiles and follows her into the ship.
Dec 17, 2015 11:28 pm
Dr Eliasan glanced back over her shoulder when she heard Khan's footsteps behind her.

"Khan, please go back with Wuc'vulog and ensure that the rest of the crew gets back alright. I'll be fine here, but I wouldn't want to be without a pilot or navigator... just sitting here waiting for the Bacta cartel to come pick me up." She shooed him back toward the Twi'lek. "I promise I'll call you on the ship's communicator if something comes up."
Dec 18, 2015 10:19 am
"Ay ay, Doc." Khan seeks out the remainder of the party, starting first with the local cantinas.
Dec 28, 2015 3:15 pm
Wuc'vulog and Valoris retrace their steps to where they'd split off from the rest of the party and begin their search.

(OOC: Either of you two can give me a streetwise check with 1 purple difficulty; advantage/disadvantage will give an idea of how quickly you rejoin the rest of the group.)

Meanwhile, Seven and Mado arrive at the Derelict's Maw. The entrance is shaped like a rancor's head, with steps inside its mouth leading down into the dimly lit cantina. Few of the denizens pay you mind as you enter. What begins as a cozy-like cantina near the front recedes into deep shadow, the massive size of the establishment belied by the darkness. Smoke, or other vapors, drift out of booths recessed into the outer walls near the entrance. The dim light casts ever shifting shadows through these roving mists. At first glance, Adoom isn't here in the cantina's entry. Either he's in one of the booths or has a private room, somewhere. In the far back of the room some kind of raucous party is going on, complete with dancing, strobing lights, and exotic/painful music—but it's too far away to notice more detail.
Dec 29, 2015 3:22 am
Wuc'vulog shakes off the feeling that time is slipping away from them. Undoubtedly, the device they're looking for will be difficult to find, and they're unlikely to just stumble upon it. As they walk, he focuses his mind, remembering the way the underworld operates, and tries to get a sense of how best to approach the search. They don't want to tip off what they're looking for, but they need to be specific enough to find it without relying on simply tripping over it.

Rolls

Streetwise (Cunning)

3 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 2 Advantage

Dec 30, 2015 8:27 pm
Finding the Derelict's Maw turns out to be child's play. It's common knowledge, and discussed openly on the street, that some local group is hosting a party there and so and so is going. Doesn't take long before you follow someone to the Maw. You see the fairly realistic rancor's head entrance raising up from the ground close by.

(OOC: took you maybe 5-10 minutes to find the location, behind Seven and Mado.)
Dec 30, 2015 11:45 pm
I look around as we enter and tentatively sniff at the air, then I step up to the bar and wave over the attendant, "I'm looking for Adoom, heard he was here. I'm an old friend." then, before they can say anything I hastily add, "And a glass of something... potent."
Jan 2, 2016 3:30 pm
The attendant, an elderly noghri, grunts and sizes Mado up. He walks over still polishing the glass in hand and pauses. After a several second pause he makes up his mind about the rodian, slides the glass halfway across the counter, and grabs a drink from under the bar—not from the standard displayed drinks.

"Old friend, eh? Potent, eh? Try this."

The glass is green, the drink almost black inside, and the shake in his hand is barely noticeable as he pours a half shot. The brandy, or cognac, by the smell, is a light amber color but its exposure to the air appears to darken the upper layers which swirl down deeper into the shot glass. The swirls of light and dark amber are mesmerizing. "Chandrilan cognac. It's over a hundred cycles old, and the brewery closed just two cycles ago. Drink fast."

The barkeep watches Mado intently.
Jan 2, 2016 5:44 pm
I nod, smirk, then down the shot, slamming the glass back onto the counter. The sharp, distinctive burning gives a sense of what drinking the ship's fuel might feel like. Before whatever it starts its work on me, I carry on the conversation, "I did work with Adoom's kin. We go back. Me and mine are looking for information. Not for handouts. Is he in one of the booths, or a private room in the back?" As I talk my sixth sense gives me a glimpse into the barkeeps emotional state...

Force Power: Sense -- spending 1 LP to sense the current emotional state of the barkeep
Last edited January 2, 2016 5:45 pm

Rolls

Sense

1 White Force Point

Jan 4, 2016 2:38 am
Khan enters the joint and eyes the place up first for his missing companions, then for any potential threats. As his eyes scan the room, he slowly makes his way to the bar and orders a drink. "I'll take two mugs of Whyren's Reserve." Once the drinks are up, Khan offers one to Wuc'vulog, his friendly smile concealed by his wrapped mask. "For the help with the arm."
Jan 5, 2016 2:58 am
Mado senses that the barkeep is slightly suspicious and expects something, a sign or code phrase perhaps. Or, he just doesn't expect the rodian to hold his liquor. "If you're a friend of Adoom, you'll have a name. He's easy to find, but likes to know who's looking first."

Without waiting for a response from Mado, the barkeep shuffles off to the side to pour 2 mugs of Whyren's Reserve. He makes a show of pouring it, and sets both mugs before Valoris. He nods briefly and returns to the counter in front of Mado.

"So, you tell me what he'll want to know and if he remembers you kindly, he'll send for you."

(OOC: Give me a Resilience roll for Mado at 1 purple, 1 black because the drink is stronger than the average.)
Jan 5, 2016 2:38 pm
"Mado." The world starts to swim, and focus inward to suppress the quickly overpowered effects of the drink, "Anyek." I put a hand on the counter to steady myself, "My name is Mado Anyek. Good drink." After a dicey moment I stand up straight, "Very good drink." My eyes remain focused, my attention returns to the barkeep, "I'll wait here with my friends." I nod towards the two he just served.

Using Intense focus to upgrade rank of skill for check to rank 1, suffering 1 strain.
Last edited January 5, 2016 2:39 pm

Rolls

Resilience (Brawn 2, Intense Focus)

3 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Failure

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

Jan 5, 2016 5:12 pm
"You're most welcome," Wuc'vulog replies to Khan, and nods to the barkeep. He scans the patrons first instinctively for potential play, and then once again, trying to focus on their tasks.
Jan 9, 2016 11:41 pm
The barkeeper nods in acknowledgement of Mado's name. He surreptitiously flashes a comlink so that only the party can see it, and hides it back under the counter. He then goes on about his business with the other patrons. After a minute or two, a door opens deeper in the bar and a dim light shines through it. "That's for you folks," the bartender says on his way by. "Feel free to take your drinks with you."
Jan 10, 2016 12:34 am
I nod, tip my hat, and enter into the room beyond.
Jan 10, 2016 1:02 am
Khan, sighting Mado, falls in step and whispers, "I'll be outside watching for trouble. Call me if you hit a snag." He then takes up a position right next to the door.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.