Game Posts

load previous
May 17, 2016 1:24 pm
As they head away from the mysterious giants, Vikent whispers to Cuon, "Have you learned how to activate whatever it is that your bow does? I have uncovered the secret of learning such things, and I could Identify it for you?"
May 17, 2016 6:11 pm
Cuon shakes his head to Vikent, "No. As of yet the properties of the bow are a mystery to me. If you think you can divine its purpose or capabilities, I would welcome your insight." He unslings the bow and asks, "Is now an appropriate time? Or should we make sure we have a good distance from the residents of this place?"
May 17, 2016 6:33 pm
Vikent waves his hand dismissively at the bow. "My thinking is that we should give you every advantage in case we get into another fight. The spell takes about a minute to cast, however, we will need to obtain a pearl of some value in for me to cast the spell. Something that we should strive to obtain should the opportunity arise."
May 17, 2016 6:56 pm
OOC:
No components needed, unless you are trying to shake Cuon down, lol
May 17, 2016 8:08 pm
OOC:
If I was trying to shake him down, you've ruined it by exposing my fraud/ignorance in a public thread, haha.
"On second thought, forget the pearl, I just need about a minute to cast the spell."
May 17, 2016 8:17 pm
If you have no need for the pearl I will gladly take it off your hands, I say, still brushing snow out of my fur.
May 17, 2016 9:47 pm
"I have no pearl, but would happily give you one should I find it." Cuon says. He looks back to the distance to the humanoids. "I would be happy to have the benefit of this bow should we find trouble again." He asks the rest of the party, "Do we have the ability to wait while this is done? Or should we press on? I defer to your collective wisdom."
May 17, 2016 9:52 pm
Not being in any sort of hurry Kicsi says "I'm not in any sort of hurry!"
May 18, 2016 1:32 am
Vikent parts the seas and rains down fire upon the land. Angels weep and demons scatter before his might, as he casts Identify on Cuon's bow.
May 18, 2016 2:00 am
Tosher watches as Vikent hovers his hand over the bow for a few moments, seeming to mutter something to himself about angels and demons.
May 18, 2016 8:42 pm
OOC:
I figured with the difference between character knowledge and player knowledge, it was fine to ask in a public thread, just like I would have at the gaming table.
You find:
Darlek's Bow
An exquisitely carved wooden bow that is adorned with gold etched ruins along it's smooth surface. The wood of it has a red tint , the color of blood. The string is made out of a platinum vine that is taught and perfectly smooth. Magic courses through the bow and when used the ruins seem to glow.
The bow was made by a demigod which was the son of Kir'Lin and a wood elf. He lived on Talos and never visited the plane his mother lived on. He made this bow as a gift for a human girl he had fallen in love with. He gave up his immortality to be with this girl, but too late he found it was a trick and that the girl was another demigod named Meridin. She was jealous because Darleck lived a life of love from his mother, whereas her father, the god Terrius, never acknowledged her existence.
When he discovered it was her, he cut his wrists and wiped his blood on the bow, infusing his demigod power on it and that is the blood that tints the bow. With his last breath, he released an arrow at Meridin. It flew straight and true and struck her in the face. The arrow released a vine like non seen before on Talos. It enveloped her and constricted around her head and torso. Meridin struggled to free herself and eventually did tear it from her face, but it stole her beauty and ruined her face. She gazed upon herself in the mirror and was so horrified, she plucked out her eyes and is now exiled herself to the swamps and dark places of the world. Her eyes were still very powerful, but that is another story to be told later.

The bow has 15 charges a day. Each spell removes 1 charge, except the fire arrow, which produces and arrow if needed automatically. The spells are:

Entangle – Grasping weeds and vines sprout from the ground in a 20-foot square starting from a point within range. For the duration, these plants turn the ground in the area into difficult terrain. A creature in the area when you cast the spell must succeed on a Strength saving throw or be restrained by the entangling plants until the spell ends. A creature restrained by the plants can use its action to make a Strength check against your spell save DC. On a success, it frees itself.

Shocking Arrow – A Lightning springs from your bow to deliver a shock to a creature you try to shoot. You have advantage on the attack roll if the target is wearing armor or made of metal. On a hit,the target takes 2d8 lightning damage, and it can’t take reactions until the start of its next turn.

Fire Arrow – You fire an arrow of fire at a target, if hit, it does 1d10 fire damage.

Ice Bolt – You fire an arrow of solid ice at a target, if hit, it does 1d10 ice damage.
May 21, 2016 4:41 pm
Vikent whistles between closed teeth. After the spell, his hands grace the bow reverently. With exagerated reluctance, he slowly hands the weapon back to Cuon.

"This is a remarkable weapon. It was crafted by the demi-god Darleck, and there is a tragic tale associated with it..." Vikent relates the story to Cuon first, and then describes its function.

"Use it well, my friend, the gods will no doubt hold you account later."
May 21, 2016 5:26 pm
OOC:
Are we heading to the keep then?
May 21, 2016 11:36 pm
OOC:
that's our target, right? if so, then yes. think so.
May 22, 2016 4:08 pm
"To the keep then!"
May 22, 2016 10:53 pm
OOC:
Did everyone read the lore thread?
The horn still blares once in a while, but you are heading diagonal away from it through the snow. The winds has picked up a bit and is covering your track mere steps after you make them. You notice the ground around you has some steeps and juts in it, that look more rock like than frozen ocean. The ice also takes on a more blue color to it. In the distance, more than a days travel away, you see a tower jutting out of the horizon. It is hard to tell, but looks like it too has a blue tint to it.
May 22, 2016 11:29 pm
"You all remember the stories of this place? Pieces to your piles we're going to have to find the missing children of a ghost haunting the keep." He spits into the snow. "If our luck is poor, we may be encountering those giants again."
May 23, 2016 2:13 am
Tosher checks his battle axe idly. If we do have to fight again, I will gladly die by your side. You hold your own in combat well. My kind values such strength.
May 23, 2016 9:55 pm
"Well, if we find the children, perhaps we can put their spirits to rest and allow Lord Reinhel his peace," Tethys says calmly, scanning the horizon for danger and embracing the cold wind on his face.
May 23, 2016 11:07 pm
Unfamiliar with the stories that the others are discussing Kicsi glances up at Tosher as he exclaims his readiness to die in combat. "Let's call that plan 'B' there, Tosh."

Pulling her wolf hood over her head nice and tight she asks the minotaur for a lift. "Let's get moving, shall we?"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.