Game thread

load previous
Oct 31, 2015 12:45 pm
To speed things up a little if you like, otherwise keep posting like you are.

You all have your celebratory drinks and head over to the Mayor's house. Xadania knocks twice as you all enter behind her. "Be with you in a moment!". A few heartbeats later you see a thin, five and a half foot tall teenage girl leave the kitchen and walk down the hallway towards you. She is carrying a tray of what looks like hot tea and several cups. "Oh good! You brought everyone, go ahead and gather in the dining room Dalton will be down in a moment." She leads you down the hallway and into a room on the left, near the kitchen. She motions for you all to enter with her head, once everyone is seated she puts down the tray. "Feel free to grab some tea while you wait. I'll make sure he knows your here." The girl disappears back into the hallway and you can hear footsteps going up to the second floor. Shortly after her footsteps are followed by another pair, these sound heavier than her usual light steps. A wooden knock follows the heavier of the two. Down the stairs and hallway they come. Jules steps into the room ahead of an old chubby man with a slight hobble and walking cane. A small pair of square glasses sit at the end of his nose. His thinning hair is spread chaotically across his head and shiny silver stubble blankets his face. Noticing Xadania in the room he takes an age marked hand and runs it across his scalp in attempt to 'smoothen' his hair. With the glasses still on his nose he tilts his head back and eyeballs you all one at a time, pausing on Xadania before smiling. He finally pushes his glasses up and lowers his head before greeting you. "Oh good! You mus be the nex group, I am Mayor Dalton Surgeth. Lady Hedrick has put me in charge of this lovely farmin' town and you are? He extends his hand to Luc first and then makes his way around the room.
Oct 31, 2015 2:05 pm
Luc introduces himself with his usual flair before accepting a cup of tea from the girl with a good-natured wink. Then he waits to see whether Mayor Dalton will explain the business at hand or if the man is in the mood for some chitchat or after-tea tales or songs first.
Nov 1, 2015 1:22 pm
"Name's Thurbrek. Thurbrek Amberale. And, let me say before we get anything else started, that your town has some of the finest wheat I've ever tasted. I'm glad it's being used properly to make ale, and not being wasted on silly things like bread." Thurbrek lets out a chuckle. "Glad to make your acquaintance, Mayor."
Nov 1, 2015 6:34 pm
@Luc & Thurbrek The mayor nods to each of you as you introduce your self. You can see the excitement in his movements and mood. Aye, we use some of it to brew. But it would be a shame to use it all for ale my friend! He smiles and turns towards the rest of the group.
Nov 2, 2015 5:42 am
I manage to both shuffle and stomp into the room before I address the mayor. "I am Xadania Galanodel, cleric of Sydoni. I spoke to Jules earlier this day. She relayed the news of my arrival to you and you tasked me with gathering a group to join me in this task. I quickly gathered who I could. Is this acceptable? If so, please do tell us what sort of trouble has happened upon the Hedricks, and what we can do to help."
Nov 2, 2015 1:32 pm
@Xadania He gives you a strong handshake and shakes his head in approval. "This'll do fine miss" he moves to the head of the table and sits down. Dalton takes his glasses off and lays them on the table, he rubs his hands over his face. A serious heavy mood sets over his normal happy go lucky attitude. "I'm sorry to say we've been having trouble for some time now" He looks to each of you and lets out a sigh. He reaches into a pocket and pulls out a note "I'm also afraid to say you're not the first group to come through here. Seems there is quite a bit going on round here and we need all the help we can get." He opens the note and starts reading "I've been told that a young boy has gone missing and that he hasn't been seen for a couple of days now. Laura his mother works at the general goods store, and his father Byron works at the flour mill. Maril also says a patron of hers hasn't returned to pay his tab. If you can do this we can discuss things further." He folds the note up and places it back into his pants, you can tell these issues are wearing on him.
Nov 2, 2015 2:54 pm
Hao belches loudly, perhaps to gain the floor?

"I hear a lot o' wind from you big man, but none o' it moves m'sails at all. So a brat went missing and a tab's gone unpaid. What's the likes o' me care? I traveled a good piece to reach this poor excuse of a town. Notice said "personal reward" and a Lady Hendrick. Instead, I get here to find a large tub o' wind with his hand out asking for free constable work!"

Hao stand up straight and puts on a dignified air, somewhat diminished by his pungent, soiled clothing and the slight sway in his stance.

"Hungry Hao can get yer tab paid and yer brat returned. But there had better be gold linin' m'purse 'fore the end o' the day!"

OOc: Let me know if I need to do an Intimidation roll or something.
Last edited November 2, 2015 2:55 pm
Nov 2, 2015 6:56 pm
Quietly sips on his tea. Waiting and watching the big people interact. Laughs out loud when Hungry Hao finishes his last sentence.
Nov 3, 2015 9:34 pm
Dalton pushes himself further back into his chair after Hao's display. "Of course you'll be paid, we don't expect charity out of strangers. You've seen our town, yes? We don't have the problems that plague the much larger cities of the world, like us our problems are smaller and humble in nature." He pushes his chair back and stands briskly, his tone changes to a more stern and serious nature "so will you help us or not?". You see him settle a little after his outburst, he comes around the back of the chair and pushes it back in under the table. "All we ask is that you start with finding the boy Logan, then look for the missing patron that Maril mention. He was a traveler much like yourself." He heads towards the doorway out of the room and stops slightly turning to face you. "There is also a chance Lord Hedrick will show up tomorrow. You may want to start sooner than later." He then hobbles out into the hallway and up the stairs to his study.

Everyone roll a perception check. Also just for note keeping for me its early afternoon.
Nov 3, 2015 9:38 pm
Hao attempts to glare at Wenric, but it just won't hold. His lips twist into a smile and he appears to be holding back chuffs of laughter.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(10) + 3 = 13

Nov 3, 2015 9:56 pm
Wenric winks at Hao and continues to chuckle. (I would think Hao would be the oddest person Wenric ever met at this point, and would love it.)

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(19) + 1 = 20

Nov 4, 2015 12:07 am
I go ahead and glare at Hao. "That was uncalled for. We are guests in this man's home and you disrespected him. If it's money you need, that is not the way to go about it." After a pause, "Did you say you were hungry? I have more than enough food to share." I offer him a piece if stale bread from my pack. It has barely been touched, as if it had been carefully rationed for a long journey.
Last edited November 4, 2015 12:07 am

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(7) + 5 = 12

Nov 4, 2015 12:21 am
Hao glances at the bread, chuckles a bit, "That's not what 'm hungry for darlin'..." he says, grinning lecherously. "I care not at all about respectin' that sack 'o wind. What's to respect in a fat man what can't even manage a pissant town like this'un? Respect be earned, nah granted by a dirty sign outside yer door"
Last edited November 4, 2015 12:22 am
Nov 4, 2015 5:20 am
"Hao is correct, respect must be earned. Absolument. Given time, Hao may even earn mine. Alors, let us busy ourselves with ze mission!"
Last edited November 4, 2015 5:22 am
Nov 4, 2015 12:29 pm
"I take a different approach. Everyone is treated with respect until their actions prove them undeserving." I narrow my eyes at Hao for a moment and then head towards the door.
Nov 4, 2015 12:56 pm
Dalton leaves the room and now it is just the five of you there.

@Wenric you notice Dalton rolls his eyes at the mention of Lord Hedrick.

I will work on scanning and uploading the town map sometime tonight.
Nov 4, 2015 1:13 pm
Thurbrek doesn't think of himself as an adventurer, so in these sorts of interactions, he's going to remain mostly silent unless he feels he has something really important to share, or is spoken to directly. In this case, he sees Xadania as the de facto leader, so when she starts to leave, he hesitates for a second, then follows after.
Nov 4, 2015 4:05 pm
Unlike Thurbrek, Luc sees himself as very much so an adventurer. But like the dwarf he considers Xadania as the leader here. Plus, he does love looking at her exquisite derriere! The flamboyant swordsman follows in Xadania's wake, chatting animatedly with Thurbrek and Wenric, occasionally whispering connoiseurial appraisals like, "Ah mademoiselle Xadania's hair... très jolie' eh? It is like tree roots, yes? Beautiful!" and similarly sincere but horribly worded comparisons.
Nov 4, 2015 4:13 pm
Hao follows Luc...a little too closely for comfort...while chuckling softy to himself.

OOC: Hao is taking none of this very seriously at this point. That will change with the s%$# hits the fan, but in these social scenarios, he's got a very crude and cavalier attitude. Currently he is following much too close behind Luc and also admiring the scenery...but which scenery?
Nov 5, 2015 3:34 am
I am focused on my task, unaware to anything going on behind me. I bid farewell to Jules and let her know we will be back promptly once our mission is accomplished. I then make a mental check list of my next few tasks and sort them in my mind in the order in which I want to accomplish them. Once I'm satisfied, I turn to the others and say "We'll speak to Byron at the flour mill and question him about his boy Logan."

OOC: Xadania is taking everything super cereal. It's a mission! Lives are at stake!!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.