Expedition: White Plume Mountain

load previous
Nov 13, 2015 5:30 pm
The sphinx doesn't look up from filing her nails, "No idea, never been."
Nov 13, 2015 5:39 pm
Now that the barrier has been lifted, Ohica will inspect the three exits again, more closely this time, to see if she can distinguish any differences.

(OoC: and the slapstick continues! Duuuuuhhhh...)
Last edited November 13, 2015 5:40 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Insight (if applicable at all) - (1d20+4)

(8) + 4 = 12

Nov 13, 2015 5:46 pm
Boide struggles to think of what Clanggedin would do. "Uh, need anything?" he asks, of the sphinx.
Nov 13, 2015 6:17 pm
The sphinx looks up, surprised at the offer, "Maybe a bit of meat. I haven't had horseflesh in ages. If you mean from inside the mountain, I suppose if you find something to get the grime out from under my nails I'd be happy to have it."

It is now plainly obvious to everyone that there is a thin layer of water on the floor in each tunnel. It's about an inch deep. Nothing distinguishes the hallways. They each extend beyond the limits of anyone's darkvision.
Nov 13, 2015 6:35 pm
Boide looks around at the others. Unfortunately, he doesn't have anything that would satisfy the sphinx. At least, not yet.
Nov 13, 2015 6:36 pm
"They all look the same to me... let's just pick a random one and head out," he points to the one on the far right, "I think we should go this way!"

His lights rush over and outline the rightmost passage.
Last edited November 13, 2015 6:37 pm

Rolls

Random Passageway - (1d3)

(3) = 3

Nov 13, 2015 6:54 pm
Note: The passageways are wide enough to walk 2 wide comfortably, or squeeze 3 wide. So, I'll need a marching order from you lot.
Nov 13, 2015 7:04 pm
"Why not!?" Tolvaj says to Valinar as he walks by towards the tunnel. "I'll scout ahead a bit. If you don't see any sort of signal from me then it's safe to move ahead...or that I've died. One of the two."

With that he moves into the tunnel...
Last edited November 13, 2015 7:05 pm

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+7)

(1) + 7 = 8

Perception - (1d20+3)

(16) + 3 = 19

Nov 13, 2015 7:10 pm
Boide hefts his shield and battleaxe. "Um, don't have anything right now," he says to the sphinx. "If I find something, I'll keep you in mind." He moves to the entrance to the right passage and waits for Tolvaj's signal.
Nov 13, 2015 7:44 pm
Tolvaj gets about forty feet down the tunnel, splashing loudly as he misjudges the depth of the water. About forty feet down the hallway he can see that ahead, about another forty feet, it veers to the east. He also stops just before he steps into a pool of green slime. If it wasn't for glancing down just then he would've missed it, sitting there quietly beneath the surface of the water spread along the full width of the hallway.
Nov 13, 2015 9:42 pm
Tolvaj will stop in place and wait for the others to catch up.
Nov 13, 2015 9:45 pm
Valinar will wait a little while, and as Tolvaj instructed them to, move ahead, sending his lights zipping ahead to reveal any danger.
Nov 13, 2015 9:45 pm
"What is that, more slime?" calls out Boide. He sighs. "You think it's too late to try the other passages?"
Nov 13, 2015 10:25 pm
Eithne follows after Boide. This pack is making far too much noise! She congratulates herself for thinking to cast her spell.

OOC: Remindi Reminding everyone that you all get +10 to stealth checks from Eithne's Pass Without Trace.
Last edited November 13, 2015 10:27 pm

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+13)

(10) + 13 = 23

Nature - (1d20+1)

(17) + 1 = 18

Nov 14, 2015 12:21 am
Anyone with nature +3 or greater realizes the following (and may make a Nature check to know more details about green slime): unlike miscellaneous water scum, green slime is a serious issue. It's highly corrosive, and as it eats away at flesh, it transforms that flesh into more green slime.
Nov 14, 2015 12:22 am
Ohica walks abreast of Boide, splashing stolidly through the water (how deep is it, on a dwarf?). She's amazed at how little noise she makes, given how much she usually flounders in water even when she tries to be quiet.

Ohica knows nothing about green slime.
Last edited November 14, 2015 12:23 am

Rolls

Stealth (WIS penalty and Pass w/out trace bonus) - (1d20+9)

(11) + 9 = 20

Nov 14, 2015 1:07 am
OOC: Added a Nature roll to my previous post.

Eithne inspects what Tolvaj has found, and recognizes the slime, recoils from it. Pointing to the slime, she speaks to Tolvaj in Elvish, "No." As the others catch up she makes forbidding gestures and speaks in common, "No. NO."
Nov 14, 2015 9:14 pm
Boide starts to backpedal, slowly. "Yes, I think we should try another passage."
Nov 15, 2015 5:21 pm
Etihne recalls that green slime is particularly vulnerable to fire, frost, intense light and magical effects that cure disease. Of course, this particular pool of green slime is under a hands-breath of water, and so oil and a torch won't work (the oil will just stay on the surface of the water).
Nov 15, 2015 6:20 pm
Eithne recalls that the two dwarves are both priests of some sort. The feral druid pulls on Ohica's sleeve and points to the slime again. She looks at both Ohica and Boide as she struggles to form speech, her face scrunching up with the effort, "Sick. Dis...dis-DISEASE." Eithne's mangled speech is a pidgin mix of Elvish and Common, sometimes slipping into Druidic so that she shakes her head and has to go back and rephrase. "Need...mend...no, HEAL. Fire...frost...SUN..." Eithne shakes her head in frustration, thinking of the various druidic magicks that she could have used to get past this obstacle. But today this caught her unprepared.
Last edited November 15, 2015 6:21 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.