Chapters 1, 2, and 3

load previous
May 18, 2016 3:19 pm
Mai'ngor nods and puts the meteorite fragment away. He makes a mental note to visit the people and places mentioned. Unconsciously, he touches the burning stone tattoo on his forehead.
May 18, 2016 5:15 pm
As people tell their stories, Soliin is largely silent, other than adding a few points to the group tale. It's been a long time since he's been home; he may have been among the longest held prisoner by the drow who escaped, and he never quite fit in. He grows clearly uncomfortable as people talk of home.
May 18, 2016 9:44 pm
Elfog moves in close to Sarith and says "Home on the surface, aye? Not many taking kindly to a Drow up there." He stands silent for a moment, stroking his beard. "Though you help us get topside I may be able to point ya someplace safe..."
May 19, 2016 2:47 pm
"We have maps to the surface here, but we can't give them out to strangers and we can't spare any guides at this time, what with all the trouble that comes with rebuilding a city, Dorbo says, then waits a moment to let that sink in, "If someone were to help clear up some of the issues that are putting pressure on us, then perhaps we could help..." he lets the words hang in the air and sits back to give you a moment to think.

Senni, Dorbo's wife is sitting back and watching you all with interest, while the other gnomes have gone back to business. Jimjar is talking to a couple of other gnomes off to the side, obviously excited to be speaking to his own kind again. You can tell that Stool is happy to be here, in a place with no danger, at least for a bit.
May 19, 2016 3:47 pm
"I do not speak for everyone, but I will lend whatever aid I can." Mai'ngor replies levelly.
May 19, 2016 4:22 pm
"Something for something," mumbles Hunter, more to herself than for anyone else's benefit. "Despite the change in scenery, it's nice to know that the rules of the street are the same everywhere." A touch sarcastic, but Hunter straightens her back to signal her acceptance of the obvious trade in services.
May 19, 2016 9:28 pm
"Issues, ya say?" Elfog asks. "Well, let's hear 'em so we can get to it!"
Last edited May 19, 2016 9:28 pm
May 20, 2016 2:21 pm
"There's too many issues to count... We got a couple that need taking care of, and I'm sure if you asked around, others would gladly accept the help of resourceful folk such as yourselves," Dorbo begins, then folds his hands together and leans forward, "First, we got an ooze problem. Nasty things are making it hard to take back what's ours, and I think that there's something to the northwest that's breedin' the things. Second, we have a wererat infestation that we need to take care of, but Senni and I can't agree on how we should go about it."

Senni takes her cue and begins speaking, "They call themselves the Goldwhiskers, and they're our people, but they've been infected by a disease. We need to come to some sort of agreement with them, so that they can rejoin our people and we can work together to make this city great again."

Dorbo takes over the conversation at this point, patting his wife's hand gently in sympathy, "I don't think they're gonna let us do any such thing, and that's where you come in. We need you to head to the west part of the city and find out if they'd be willing to work with us. Head out there, if you could, and speak to their leader. Tell them we just want to speak to them. If they're willing to work with us, then great. Otherwise we'll have to remove them by force."
May 21, 2016 2:30 am
"Ooze or rats. Not liking either of them choices... What ye think, Hunter?"
May 21, 2016 3:35 am
"Too bad we lost the twins," says Hunter recalling Topsy and Turvy's transformations at Velkynvelve. "Still, the prospect of being able to talk to someone with enough intelligence to understand reason may be better. Besides, how do you fight an ooze?"
May 23, 2016 4:23 pm
I nod slowly. "Wererats it is." I look uneasily at the other deep gnomes. This situation is entirely overwhelming. I never thought I'd find myself here. Could this be 'home'? That prospect fills me with both fear and sadness. I can't understand it now. It's best not to think of it.
Last edited May 23, 2016 4:23 pm
May 23, 2016 4:55 pm
"That sounds wonderful. Once you have some more information, please come back here immediately so we can get to work," Dorbo says, and you can tell you've been dismissed. Dorbo turns to look at Sarith, "If you could, drow, stay here with us. We have much to discuss, I think."

Sarith looks confused and he tenses up, but he nods slightly in agreement.

You all can suddenly hear Stool speaking into your mind and you realize that he hasn't really said much since you got here, "What should I do? I don't want to separate from you all, but I think I'd hinder you more than anything out there."
May 23, 2016 11:10 pm
"Mushroom's right, he's ain't much for fightin' Maybe he can stay here and watch over Sar... err.. the Drow. Make sure these guys aren't looking for some vengeance."
May 24, 2016 12:57 pm
Mai'ngor snickers at the irony of having the sprout look after the well-being of the drow that took it away from its home.
May 24, 2016 1:23 pm
Soliin shrugs. "I'd like to leave this darkness as soon as possible, and if a favor is what it takes to get that, so be it." He points a finger at the king. "Mind you kingo, we've been prisoners of the damnable drow for quite a bit and specially given the last few days, are in no mood to be taken advantage of. I've heard your people hate the drow; we'll help you, but I'm sure I speak for my compatriots when I say that we expect you to help in return." As he speaks, trying to keep any anger out of his voice, mostly flippantly, his finger glows a bit. As soon as he notices it, he quickly covers it up with his other hand, pulling it away. "Sorry about that. I don't know if it's something that happened being with the drow or the underdark here, but I seem to be able to cast spells all of a sudden. Do you perhaps have any mages I could get some advice from, perhaps avoid hurting friends and allies?"
May 24, 2016 1:29 pm
Dorbo chuckles at Soliin when he says kingo, "I'm no king, boy. But we're as good as our word, and once we have gotten things calmed down here, we will help you get back home, don't you doubt it," he listens to the halfling inquire about mages, then shakes his head, "Nah, but we do have some damn good priests who may be able to offer some advice, if you want to visit the temple."
May 24, 2016 3:39 pm
"Will Jimjar be joining us as well?" Hunter asks, idly.

To Stool, Hunter kneels and says aloud for the benefit of all to hear, "Perhaps it would be wise to stay with Lord Diggermattock. I'm certain these gracious hosts would see to your well-being and safety while we assist them in this matter." She then leans over and plants a kiss on the myconid's cap, lingering for a moment.

CancerMan sent a note to Naatkinson
May 24, 2016 5:03 pm
Jimjar peers over upon hearing his name, "No, I'm going to be staying here and helping to organize your trip back to the surface," he informs you, "It's the least I could do to repay you all for bringing me back home."

Stool leans into Hunter's embrace happily, "I will stay here and wait for you. Good luck!"
Naatkinson sent a note to CancerMan
"Of course, we'll make sure he is well taken care of here with us," Senni says, with a nod of agreement from Dorbo.

Thread locked