Adventure Thread - Oak Grove Whispers

load previous
Feb 23, 2016 10:11 pm
"A druunic artifact eh? I assume those don't just lay around where just about everyone can find them... Where would one need to go in order to have the best chance of finding one such artifact?"
Feb 24, 2016 4:00 am
"This was the dominant religion all over the world 1,000 years ago. It could be anywhere, but for artifacts to have survived ... how did you come across this?"
Feb 24, 2016 4:15 pm
"Let's just say we were hired to clear a house full of nightmarish creatures..."
Feb 24, 2016 9:43 pm
"If it is yours to sell, let me know." Atarin smiles and hands you back the crown.
Feb 25, 2016 12:35 am
"We might need it to get some answers out of someone first, but it might very well end up for sale afterwards..."
Feb 29, 2016 1:46 pm
So what would you like to do now?
Feb 29, 2016 4:40 pm
"Hmm, we still have several hours to kill before the evening... we should do as Alden is doing and perhaps do some shopping as well?"
OOC:
What would good quality weapons and armor do? (DS4 p.76)
Feb 29, 2016 6:58 pm
Esteber will head to the merchant quarter, trying to find a good quality broadsword, good quality chainmail, good quality leather vambraces and greaves, and good quality metal helmet (and wonder if I should trade my metal shield for a good quality wooden one then...). Then I might try and get a few more consumables (potions, weapon pastes, etc.)
Last edited February 29, 2016 7:01 pm
Mar 2, 2016 12:39 am
OK, make your purchases and then we'll move to the evening and a trip to the Gray Mule.
Mar 2, 2016 8:01 pm
As the sun begins to set, you show off your new gear to your fellow adventurers, feeling an empty spot with Bart no longer with you, you trod over to the Grey Mule.

Cobblers and other merchants close shop and head over to the tavern. You catch some of their chatter - two old guys going on about faerie lights seen in the sky. How if they appear over your house at night, your wife is amorous and a little fun is had! The two men are eager for the event to occur at their homes as their wives have been dead fish.

The Mule is jumping, you look around and do not see Red Kirsten or the other two (Jennan and Molli) yet.
Mar 2, 2016 10:21 pm
"You guys think those fearie lights might be something worth investigating or could they simply the rambunctious men version of old wives tales?"
Mar 3, 2016 2:17 pm
Roeban, you are sipping your drink in the Gray Mule when you see a group enter that doesn't fit this place's typical patronage (cobblers). There is a strapping looking warrior, an armored woman with a serious countenance and a shifty looking ranger. They enter and look around as if they are searching for someone. They eventually take a seat at a table and order.
Mar 3, 2016 2:23 pm
"Hmm, seems that we're not the only one waiting for someone here..."

Esteber will stand up and make his way to their table.

"Hello fellow adventurers! I assume you're in town for the Adventurer's Guild?"

As he says that, he checks to see it they have the guild's bracelets.
Mar 5, 2016 11:45 pm
"Those people look like they might know where I can find work," Roeban thinks to himself. If there is an empty table or booth within earshot, Roeban will sit over there. If not, he'll keep an eye on them from where he is.
Mar 6, 2016 3:53 pm
The gray mule continues to fill with patrons. After an hour or so, the adventurers are not the only ones wondering where Red, Molli and Jennan are. It soon becomes apparent that the girls are not showing up. Perhaps someone knows more about where they may be.
Mar 6, 2016 6:15 pm
"Well, this is starting to be incriminating..."

Seeing the adventuring group is giving Esteber the silent treatment, he leaves them be and makes his way to other patrons.

"Hello there gentlemen. Seems everyone here is waiting on someone..."
Mar 6, 2016 7:25 pm
Roeban sees one of the gentlemen he'd been watching making his rounds and takes the opportunity to strike up a conversation.

"Indeed I am, though I must admit I have no idea whom it may be as of yet. You look as if you and your companions may be of the adventurous sort... Possibly the adventurous sort that stands to gain some profit from your endeavors. I, on the bother hand, am not as of yet; but I would like to be? Do you and your companions, by any chance, have need of a simple floorsweep with a few parlor tricks up his sleeve?"
Mar 6, 2016 8:04 pm
"Well, you are in luck, this town hosts the very first Adventurer's Guild! They should provide ample help for you starting your career of adventurer. As for joining our groups, I do not object, however, I do not speak for the others. Also, I'm not quite sure how handy floor sweeping and parlour tricks will come...Who knows, maybe you'll discover yourself some new talent while adventuring?"
Mar 7, 2016 11:18 am
"Hail and well met, young fellow. My name is Alden, and my friends here are the Esteber the swordsman, fast with blade and wit and Herja the warmaiden as fair as powerfull."
OOC:
OOC: Sorry for not posting lately. I've just recovered from a bad case of "man flu" :(
OOC2: Finally as we are not in a Elven settlement Alden couldn't find an elven bow so he bought a good quality longbow, leather armour (complete) and lockpicks, and a regular dagger.
Last edited March 7, 2016 8:18 pm
Mar 9, 2016 3:52 pm
Bart walks up to the table and takes the empty seat. "I see you saved my chair! Perfect. Who's the new guy?"
Bart shrugs at his companions likely confused stares, and takes a long draw from Esteber's pint.
load next

Thread locked