2.0 - Lure of the Lost

load previous
Nov 16, 2015 2:32 pm
Urik has been quiet and pensive throughout all of this. He is along, but he's not saying much and is hanging to the back of the group.
Nov 17, 2015 3:56 am
The man nods to Dagger, "I suppose it wouldn't be remiss to see if you had anything to trade that we might value. We lead a simple life here, so we're not likely to have fancy equipment like the kind you all seem to have. What is this blight, or taint that you speak of. The land doesn't look any different to us."

At Kaveri's attempt to add to Dagger's overture, the man frowns. "I don't know. We don't get many of your type around here. And you came from the Temple, and that's nothing but trouble and has been trouble for years now." There's a slight rumble of approval at that observation. "How do we know you're not here to take what little we have from us -- with your fancy equipment and all?"
Nov 17, 2015 4:00 am
I removed my holdout blaster and glow rod and hand it to the gentleman. We seek not riches, or technology. We seek peace and enlightenment in the force, and to bring that peace to this land. Take these as the best I can offer. You needn't concern yourself with the blight, tell me, have you seen any creatures acting strangely, possibly aggressively, in the area.
Nov 17, 2015 1:54 pm
Heyop listened for a bit to both sides, he wasn't one to talk but he saw things both sides could possibly assist the other in, "I guess in truth you don't know for sure if we'll take what you have, us telling you to trust us or telling you we're peaceful probably even giving you some of our equipment doesn't necessarily gain your trust that much. So is there something your village needs done or that we can assist with where 'fancy equipment' which might be of assistance? Something that would gain your trust. Maybe you can tell us later of how the Temple has been trouble for years as well." Heyop stated. Getting the local populace on friendly terms would do much if they wanted to stay here long term.

(OoC: Kind of meta but looking to see if doing something the villagers can't for them would gain some trust or at least be traded for a retelling of troubles at the temple over the years, might lead to intel on when and where the holocrons were taken and possibly why. Let me know if I need to try a Negotiate Check.)
Nov 17, 2015 3:17 pm
The man steps forward and takes the proffered items from Dagger. "Thank you," he says. He looks at you a little oddly, "I'm not sure there's much enlightenment to be had in our... force. We're just a village of a few hundred souls, not much of a force." He's about to add more when Heyop chimes in. The man listens and nods, "Everyone is a little on edge right now, and we were hoping to see some of our friends returning instead of total strangers arriving. After how strange things have been lately, we don't have a lot of room for trust just now."

He pauses to consider, "Still, these tools will come in handy. Please feel free to come in. We can get you some food and Borgath -- our lead hunter can talk to you about the animal behavior in the area. He'll know the answers to your questions." The man steps out of the way and you have free passage into the village.
Nov 17, 2015 4:07 pm
With a slight smile Csillag nods to the man as he allows the party to passage.
Nov 17, 2015 4:11 pm
Dagger will walk into the village and attempt to seek out the hunter and ask him if he knows anything of animals behaving strangely in the area.
Nov 17, 2015 4:28 pm
Urik has drawn his hood over his head, and is doing some serious shoe gazing. He seems distinctly uncomfortable and has said nothing since arriving in the village.

He sticks near Dagger for now. Not meeting anyone's eyes, but listening intently and paying close attention to his surroundings.
Nov 17, 2015 4:42 pm
The hunter, Borgath, is easy enough to find. The villagers are wary, but polite. The village itself is small, so finding your way is not terribly difficult, other than the fact there are no road signs, no lighted indicators, and nothing of use to the urban-aware Dagger to navigate by. Still, after enough of "third house, then take a left -- look for the pothole and skip over the large rock..." you find yourself at a sort of longhouse/gathering area. Borgath is inside and eyes you carefully -- like everyone else in the village.

When you ask about animal behaviors he nods. "It sounds like you're talking about the old caves up north. They're a bad place to go, to be frank. The nastiest, most ill-tempered pack of icewolves you'll ever see hides out in them, and that's not the worst of it." His voice lowers, conspiratorially, "There's stranger things than animals there, if you believe what people say."
Nov 17, 2015 4:47 pm
You would be surprised at the amount of things I am willing to believe after the last few months we have had, Dagger says, but decides to wave away the conversation he was about to dive into.

I think it may be best for our search to start there, tell me do you have any medical supplies, or things that may be of use for us if we were to travel out that way? I, of course, realize you may only be able to spare so much, if anything at all, so do not feel obligated., Dagger says, trying to ask for supplies in a town that is clearly lacking much of anything feels somehow, mean, to him. He would seldom ask as much of anyone in the slums he once knew.
Last edited November 17, 2015 4:47 pm
Nov 17, 2015 4:53 pm
After making their way around the village they finally found the person they needed to talk to. After listening and nodding Heyop spoke up.

"There's no cost to hear people out if they say something odd or strange is about, I guess until proof is given some may not believe... it's usually better to be cautious though even when you don't have proof and give a listen in my experience. What can you tell us of these stranger things? And does anyone have a need in the village for the pelts of Icewolves or should we try and keep them alive?" Heyop stated his last question sent a slight smirk over his face he wasn't trying to start a wildlife park to preserve life on this planet if there was an overpopulation of icewolves and they were aggressive they might have to put them down. He did wonder what would happen to the local ecosystem if they did though.
Nov 17, 2015 5:03 pm
"Well," Borgath begins, "since you ask. Not a soul in the village hasn't heard a ghost story about the caves, and some folks standing within our walls today have lived through one. Folks see visions of terrible things there, or get lured into deadfalls or icewolf ambushes by illusions." He shakes his head, a little ashamed to be retelling ghost stories, but continues. "Some say it's gotten even worse over the last couple years, as well."

Seeing the resolution on Dagger's face he adds, "Still, if you're determined to go and explore them, I can tell you how to get there. As to supplies, we probably have some stimpacks we could spare. I think Rory is due to head into Reles later this week, and we can resupply there." His face crinkles, "Of course, there'd be a bit of a markup. That'll help us turn the stimpacks into additional supplies we can use." He turns to one of the villagers who has been listening in asks them to seek out some stimpacks. "I suspect we could perhaps figure out how to give you a shy dozen or so... perhaps 40 credits apiece?"
Nov 17, 2015 5:10 pm
Kaveri will buy a stimpack for 40 creds from this guy.

Also, she's curious about the villager's comment about "waiting for friends to return." Does she get the sense that they're referring to the hunters we've encountered earlier, or some other people who've gone missing?
Nov 17, 2015 5:14 pm
OOC: Since you have the power -- let's roll a Force die and see what that shows?
Nov 17, 2015 5:20 pm
Dagger will purchase two stim packs of he has money for it.

I was broke at the start of this but I'm wondering if we've found at least 80 creds as a group or if we have some sort of pool we found from Malefax's leavings?
Nov 17, 2015 5:21 pm
(OoC: In our defense if it was them wouldn't the one that was still alive let people know about the crazy people the hunters tried to kill and how they (us) were waiting in ambush and took most of them out?)

@ Dagger we got +10xp at the end of Romund's adventure plus 300 (1500 split five ways) on Maliflatdeadguy and his mercs.
Last edited November 17, 2015 5:22 pm
Nov 17, 2015 5:25 pm
Urik steps forward awkwardly and says in a slightly shaky voice, "I...I'd buy two of those from you."
Nov 17, 2015 6:54 pm
Borgath happily exchanges the stimpacks for the credits. It's a pretty significant markup -- but it's a good compromise between supplies you need and some charity and goodwill for the village, as those credits will get turned into additional supplies.

OOC: I'll leave it up to all y'all to mark up your character sheets appropriately.
Nov 18, 2015 1:30 am
Kaveri reaches out with her feelings, and draws upon the Light Side of the Force to determine whether the party has met the friends who are missing.
Last edited November 18, 2015 1:31 am

Rolls

Force pool for Sense

2 White Force Points

Nov 20, 2015 10:57 pm
Kaveri senses that there's a general level of unease around the village around recent events -- she can also sense that the villagers are waiting for people like the hunters the party previously encountered. She doesn't sense strong emotions about them, mostly a little concern and a lot of curiosity about what befell them.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.