2.0 - Lure of the Lost

load previous
Nov 22, 2015 5:36 am
Borgath finishes trading credits for stimpacks at his highly marked up rate and then proceeds to provide directions to the cave in question - the one with the superstitious stories of ill tidings. He mutters again and maybe again that you seem borderline insane to choose to go there, and it seems a waste to take perfectly good stimpacks and lose them there, but you get clear directions regardless.

What next?
Nov 22, 2015 4:30 pm
Dagger thanks the man for his time and his stim packs. He looks to the rest of the group, Sounds like we have a good lead now. Should we go? Dagger stows his stimpacks in a pocket inside his concealing robes.
Nov 22, 2015 4:38 pm
Falling silent as the others purchase wares Heyop nods to Dagger's suggestion and sets out, "Eyes and ears. We know the area will most likely be hostile." adds before setting out.

(OoC: Do we need a patrol formation/marching order?)
Nov 22, 2015 4:40 pm
Dagger will take second or so in marching order and will keep his blaster drawn. Who knows what the wildlife will be like around here.
Nov 22, 2015 4:55 pm
Csillag will trail behind the others keeping a watch on their backs.
Nov 23, 2015 1:33 pm
(OoC: Guess I'm taking point)
Nov 23, 2015 4:17 pm
Urik will take up position behind Dagger, and, taking a cue from Dagger, will draw his blaster.
Nov 23, 2015 4:52 pm
Remnant says:
(OoC: Guess I'm taking point)
Kaveri can take the front position, and hopefully will put her tracking skills to better use than she has so far.
Nov 23, 2015 5:19 pm
(OoC: Edit I guess it's Csillag (Read Guard), Urik, Dagger, Heyop, Kaveri (Point))

Heyop nods once things are figured out suggesting a staggered column for the journey until they get into a situation, since terrain might be difficult there's nothing like being the first one to bowl over the rest of your squad to remind you a single file line isn't always the best solution in hostile unknown territory.

(OoC: Waiting for random encounter roll...)
Nov 24, 2015 7:07 am
Remnant says:
(OoC: Edit I guess it's Csillag (Read Guard), Urik, Dagger, Heyop, Kaveri (Point))

Heyop nods once things are figured out suggesting a staggered column for the journey until they get into a situation, since terrain might be difficult there's nothing like being the first one to bowl over the rest of your squad to remind you a single file line isn't always the best solution in hostile unknown territory.
"Good suggestion," Kaveri agrees, and heads out with the rest of the group just as Heyop has described.

(OoC: I know you're off of the continent right now, and hopefully enjoying yourself. When you return:
- Do you want me to make some tracking rolls, as I'm looking for ice wolf tracks?
and
- Are these caves the same ones that Csillag and Kaveri entered earlier?)
Nov 24, 2015 5:26 pm
The terrain is wintry and somewhat unpleasant, but the guidance from the village seems to be spot on as you easily make your way through the forest. Although life has returned somewhat to e valley, the forest in these parts remains wierdly, unnaturally quiet. The silence heightens your own sense of risk and anxiety, as you feel out of place and unwelcome.

OOC: Kaveri is welcome to role a survival check -- easy (1 purple) because of good directions from town. Hawaiiis, in fact, awesome. I do have some source material with me and have an old iPad for typing larger things -- so we shouldn't be completely halted. That said, I expect the long weekend will be slow for all of us?
Nov 25, 2015 6:33 pm
In the weird silence, Kaveri hunts for the cave at the head of the staggered party, but the feeling of alien-ness is too distracting (failure).
Last edited November 25, 2015 6:34 pm

Rolls

Survival

2 Advantage, 2 Threat

Nov 25, 2015 7:11 pm
Heyop watches Kaveri look around in different directions in the odd silence.

Tapping her on the shoulder he motions in a direction with a raise eyebrow and shrugs if she looks at him.
Last edited November 25, 2015 7:11 pm

Rolls

Survival Check (Land Nav?) [Cun 2 Rank 1]

2 Advantage

Total: 2 Advantage

Nov 25, 2015 7:33 pm
Urik has been watching all this quiet communication and attempted pathfinding. He know some woodcraft, and after asking a few point questions, makes a suggestion of his own based on the state of wilderness, the words of the villagers, and the discussions between his comrades. His suggestion is timid, but he seems sure of himself.
Last edited November 25, 2015 7:33 pm

Rolls

Survival

4 Success, 2 Failure

Total: 2 Success

Nov 26, 2015 1:10 am
The confab method of tracking more or less seems to work, but Urik definitely gets the sense he is being watched. As you work your way north towards the cliff wall that houses the cave system you seek, Urik spots a few shadows slinking through the trees.
Nov 27, 2015 5:18 pm
Urik leans forward and whispers to Dagger, "We are being shadowed. Be wary."
Nov 29, 2015 8:15 pm
The party makes its way -- along the course given by the village. Specifically, following the small river (or is it a large stream?) north towards the valley walls, then turning left -- or west, once you reach the walls to find the cave at the spot marked below.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/to-the-cave.jpg

You reach the caves -- and they lie just ahead of you. They are the likely location of the holocron you seek, but upon your arrival at the entrance, you cannot help but pause and reconsider your eagerness. The darkness beyond the mouth of the cave seems to be more than the absence of light. It weighs against your vision with a discomfiting pressure, as if offended that someone would dare try to see through its pall. Beyond the initial gloom, you sense a great hunger, lying in wait for unwary prey.

But beyond that, you sense a spark of light, some remnant of hope and life that steels you against the malevolent presence. Your quarry lies ahead -- you're sure of it now.
Nov 30, 2015 1:56 pm
"Well that's definitely isn't normal... granted neither are we..." Heyop commented looking at Kaveri in the front to Dagger behind him, "Obviously we need to be on guard but we're going to have to go through that... Do we think there's something in there trying to scare us off or are we going in and backing whatever it is into a corner where they're desperate?" Heyop added.

After motioning to see if Kaveri needed time to check out the cave Heyop suggests she move to the middle of the formation since being in close quarters with a longarm never goes well. Once they were ready Heyop would take point with a glowrod in one hand and his dominant hand free in case they ran into trouble. He'll prep himself so he's ready to move in when the rest of the party is.
Nov 30, 2015 10:43 pm
Csillag moves up from behind to peek into the entrance. "I suppose it is irrelevant, as we have no other options, but my guess is that it is both." she answers Heyop.
Dec 1, 2015 5:37 am
Quietly, at first, you hear the low growl of a group of angry beasts. It seems to come from the forest around you -- almost pressuring you into the cave.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.