Character Creation and Game Discussion

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jan 11, 2016 5:29 pm
Fair enough. I can accept that explanation. I will spend the spirit to keep Dezire moving.
Jan 17, 2016 1:58 pm
Lynch, if you wanted to go with Hiram you can assume Lynch saw the same thing.

Also, for sake of cleanliness, can we try to keep posts that are just OOC in this thread? Thanks!
Jan 18, 2016 2:21 am
I'm fine burning pewter for the carry and run across the fields. I almost put that in there anyway, so it's nice we're on the same page.

Question though...are the voices (and the dock) upstream or downstream from where Hiram is?
Jan 18, 2016 2:53 am
Let fate decide...

Rolls

Upstream - 1; Downstream - 2 - (1d2)

(1) = 1

Jan 19, 2016 9:47 pm
Added my Wits roll. I asked about adding Profession and added it as a separate roll but in the end it didn't matter. Results from just Wits were 6,1,6,1...Profession was a 4.
Jan 19, 2016 9:52 pm
I would have allowed the profession. Also, in general, that approach to making rolls is a more efficient one than we've been using. So, it would be great if you players can all do that from now on -- when I call a roll, make the pure stat roll on its own line, then add a since d6 for each trait you want to claim as a +1. Then, if I approve the trait I can include that die result in the roll automatically and there's no delay from the inevitable discussion about applicable traits following the call for a roll.
Jan 20, 2016 8:21 am
Whoops, I didn't see your request here until now, just after I added the 6d6 as one roll (instead of two rolls: 5d6 and 1d6 separate), assuming that the last die would be the trait die. I'll label them in future. But I am unclear on how to read the results; I have three nudges and no other matches.
Jan 21, 2016 2:20 pm
Yeah you get 3 nudges and a result of 0. Which is a failure, with 1 consequence... BUT, nudges can be spent to eliminate consequences, so it's a failure with 0 consequences (and the 2 extra nudges do nothing, you can't spend nudges for anything besides reducing consequences on a failure).

I find the dice mechanics of this system interesting... but a bit irritating as well. The system tells me that most tasks, except the most strenuous and risky, are Difficulty 1... but with the amount of dice you guys roll, that means most tasks don't have meaningful costs for failing, because if you don't roll a pair of 1's (or better), you certainly roll at least one 6. Going to have to do some rethinking about difficulties of tasks, I think, because while 'heroes' shouldn't fail often, failure is where interesting plot twists, complications and unexpected happenings come from!
Jan 24, 2016 2:04 am
Can I get a number on the misting vials?
Jan 24, 2016 2:09 am
It's "1 set" so that's 3 charges, so 3 vials.
Jan 24, 2016 2:10 am
Oh I see, I got some game terminology wrong - I said "vials" whereas the game mechanics are 1 vial = 3 charges. I just imagined that was 3 vials. So, why not, you've got 3 Vials of steel (each with 3 Charges).
Jan 25, 2016 4:29 pm
Just so I have a clear understanding, I'm rolling 7d6 for the check? 5d6 for Physique, then +2d6 for Perception and Circumstance?

And you indicated you'd like to have the +1s be rolled separately, correct?
Jan 25, 2016 4:32 pm
Roll 7d6 as one block. My request to have the +1s be rolled separately was for cases where players take the initiative, recognize the possible need for a roll, and include it with the description of the action. In dong so, you'll also look at your traits and suggest ones that might grant +1's. By rolling them separately it's easy for me to see what the roll is if I decide that, indeed, the trait you thought applied does not (because ultimately the decision rests with me).
Jan 28, 2016 10:02 pm
I finished reading The Bands of Mourning today. Excellent addition to the Mistborn saga. And of the Wax/Wayne series, I think it's the best so far! :D
Jan 28, 2016 10:57 pm
Well, no spoilers because I won't be buying the book until the weekend!
Feb 2, 2016 5:54 pm
We seem to have hit a bit of a lull here..... If RL is getting crazy, that's understandable...I'm just wondering where things are at.

Also, I read the new Mistborn: Secret History as well - It's definitely chock-full of spoilers for the first trilogy (and a couple for the Wax/Wayne series), but it helps fill in the gaps of what's happening.
Feb 2, 2016 6:02 pm
I'm waiting on Candi to tell us what's happening with the doc boys and if you're going to go Oh Shi! and combat ensues. Several of the games are stalled I/we're in though. I figure that was a PbP thing.
Feb 2, 2016 6:04 pm
PbF definitely has an ebb and flow, but it is important not to let an ebb last too long. Sorry it's my holdup, I actually forgot (it's a good idea, if you're waiting on me, to post in this thread like njohn has to double check that we're still live -- if I see the main thread post, but don't deal with it in 24hrs it tends to have fallen off my radar)
Feb 2, 2016 6:07 pm
I figure you were trying to wrangle the three way split. Plus other games. XD
Last edited February 2, 2016 6:07 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.