Against the Cult: The Next Day (1.2)

load previous
Jan 19, 2016 6:00 pm
At the Jarl Farm

"You needn't fear us, goodwoman, we are not so prickly that misused honorifics will offend us. Indeed, you praise honors us to much I feel. Our purpose in this land is to right wrongs and help those in need, regardless of station."

Quest enters the room and steps aside to let the healers in farther. He know he can't do much himself, but is ready to run and fetch if need be. He does however probe the boy's mind, at first just checking to see if he can even make contact.

"Are you in there lad? Can you tell me what happened to you?"
Jan 19, 2016 6:03 pm
At the Jarl farm

Aanbo moves to the other side of the bed and takes the youth's wrist to check for a pulse. He also places a hand on the forehead to gauge temperature.

Rolls

Medicine - (1d20+5)

(9) + 5 = 14

Jan 20, 2016 8:30 am
At the Farm

Devek's mind is unresponsive to Quest's inquiry. His breathing is incredibly slow and shallow. At first, Aanbo detects no pulse, and the boy's skin is cold like a cadaver. But then, after a minute or so, just when the monk is convinced there is no life there, he feels the slightest vibration in the boy's wrist for twenty seconds, less like a beat and more like a slow trickle, that the monk recognizes as a very slow pulse. Looking with surprise at the body, Aanbo also sees a light bruise on the back of the hand.
Jan 20, 2016 1:54 pm
Ogbar looks at the talkative man with a raised eyebrow and speaks, "We're no bandits, but we are looking for them. If you're here to help then do so, otherwise you can leave."
Jan 20, 2016 2:42 pm
Near the Road
I yawn. "I'm starting to believe all these rumors about bandits are simply that- rumors. In any case, are you here to entertain us?" I look at the man hopefully.
Jan 21, 2016 1:51 am
Near/On the Road

Jonbon replies to Ogbar: "I'm not sure what I could do to help, as I have nothing to steal. I suppose I could attract them with my fine, fine singing voice! How about it? Are you in the mood for a little song?"

Jonbon seems undaunted by Ogbar's scowl, and encouraged by Xana's comment. He gives a strange little bow on his seat, brushing the heel of his hand on his forehead. "That sounds like someone who appreciates a good song! I can tell you that there aren't any bandits in Orlane, as I've just come from there. But I can sing you the lay of Brigor the Bold, bandit of Blemu!" He half turns in his seat, opens a little door behind him leading into the box, and rummages around for a bit. "Let me just get my lyre..."
Jan 21, 2016 2:04 am
Ogbar's grip tightens on his axe as the man reaches into a compartment behind him to find his instrument. He's on edge with all the rumors flying around and he doesn't trust strangers much to begin with.
Jan 21, 2016 2:44 am
At the farm

Aanbo leans close to the bruise, inspecting it for signs of a puncture wound, or more specifically, two puncture wounds as he is thinking of a bite with poison.

OOC: Unsure of what to roll here, so I'm going with Investigation.

Edit: Adding Perception and Medicine.
Last edited January 21, 2016 3:48 am

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Perception - (1d20+3)

(15) + 3 = 18

Medicine - (1d20+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Jan 21, 2016 3:15 am
I give Ogbar a wink. I'm certain that will set his mind at ease.
Jan 21, 2016 7:29 am
At the Farm

It does not appear to be a bite; there is only one point, like the prick of a pin. Aanbo does notice that Abella looks particularly agitated, however.

At the Road

Jonbon pulls out his musical instrument and begins to strum a lively tune.

"Brigor was from Bellport, they say,
Though some claim he hight from Kaport Bay
But wherever it was, he couldn't stand still
Particularly when he tumbled the girl at the mill
And so he fled to the wild of the Blemu Hills
There he stayed until that Fateful Day..."

It's doggerel, but it's musical, and the melody of the rapidly plucked strings gets the feet of anyone inclined to music tapping. He's really enjoying himself, and there are many more verses...
Jan 21, 2016 2:17 pm
I shrug, "Carry on. Maybe if you're louder the whole forest will hear ya'." I swing up and sit at the front of the cart with Xara, keeping my attention on the road, and forest, around us.
Jan 21, 2016 2:23 pm
Still hidden in the back, Thacogygax tries to resist tapping his foot and nodding his head in time to the rhythm.
Jan 21, 2016 2:30 pm
Ogbar glares at Jonbon for a minute before turning away to watch for danger. Perhaps the music will draw the bandits out of hiding? he thinks to himself.
Jan 21, 2016 3:41 pm
At the farm

Aanbo moves aside to allow Quest and Morgran to inspect the lad. To Abella, he simply asks, "What happened?"
Jan 21, 2016 4:27 pm
At the Road

Jonbon continues to sing about Brigor the Bandit. Refresh my memory as to what you each are doing while he sings.

At the Farm

Abella, scared for her older brother, is somewhat reassured by the dwarf's calm demeanor. "Devek was out in the woods like we did, sometimes. But Papa found him!" Abel interrupts: "Illustrious Majesties, I was chopping down another tree when Devek came out of the forest from the north, two days ago. He were white as a sheet, and babbling nonsense. I figured he'd seen something as frightened him - there's been signs of an owlbear around, you know, and one of those'd scare the shoes off of anyone. Thank Merikka he's safe, I thinks to myself. But when I gets him into the house, he collapsed. Hasn't woken since, even when I brought him up the stairs to bed."

Rolls

Rolling the road - (1d20+2)

(13) + 2 = 15

Jan 21, 2016 4:52 pm
At the farm

"Ah, good," says Aanbo. To Abel, he says, "Sir, you are no doubt capable and efficient, and very calm in the face of this. Could you please go and heat up some water for us? And bring a few blankets." Aanbo's eyes distinctly pick out Abel to perform this task.
Jan 21, 2016 5:06 pm
Ogbar is standing at the front of the wagon, keeping an eye out for danger.
Jan 21, 2016 5:24 pm
Klak paces about, in time with the music, trying to pay attention to what's going on -- but likely not succeeding.
Jan 22, 2016 9:42 pm
At the Road

Here's what I have pictured:
Xana and Sara are on the buckboard of the wagon.
Ogbar stands protectively in front of them, closest to Jonbon.
Klak is pacing, trying to keep alert.
Durren is standing next to the wagon, ready to follow Ogbar's lead.
Thacogygax is in the bed of the wagon, somewhat concealed.

Klak, please roll a perception check.
Everyone else except for Thacogygax, roll a perception check with disadvantage.

At the Jarl Farm
Abel hesitates, then nods shakily and departs "At once, Righteous Excellency!" Then he is gone, leaving the three of you (Quest, Aanbo, and Morgran) with Devek and Abella. Abella asks anxiously: "Are you going to be able to help him, Noble Apices?"
Jan 22, 2016 10:01 pm
Klak wanders around, trying to pay attention. In doing so he manages to catch the blade of his axe on one of the wheels of the wagon. Turning to it he tries to casually dislodge it, you know, like an experienced adventurer. But his suave efforts have the exact opposite effect and he catches his gauntlet clumsily inside the spokes. And then he drops his shield. The wagon rocks back and forth as he grunts with the effort to get himself free.
Last edited January 22, 2016 10:03 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20-1)

(1) - 1 = 0

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.