Against the Cult: The Next Day (1.2)

load previous
Feb 2, 2016 1:32 pm
With the owlbear running off I intercept Durren and kneel over Klak. The wounds are bad, but not as bad as he could've suffered at the claws of an owlbear. I tear a strip off of the sleeve of my tunic and tightly bind the worst of the wounds. I look to Durren, "Apply pressure to stop the bleeding, dragging him around is making it more likely he dies."

Rolls

Medicine to stabilize Klak - (1d20+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Feb 2, 2016 3:17 pm
Thacogygax is relieved that both the owlbear and the dragon have left. "Find refuge we must! Linger here we must not!" He points down the path towards the Jarl farm.
Feb 4, 2016 2:41 am
On the Road

Ogbar races after the beast and slashes it once more with his axe as it bunches its haunches under it and leaps up and through the trees. Showered with broken branches, the barbarian howls with rage as his target leaves his reach. He tries to follow, but the smashed trees make passage difficult, and each moment takes the monster further and further away...

Sara binds wounds for Klak, but it is primarily his will to live that keeps him from death's door.

Klak has two successes and one failure for death saves.

At the Farm

Aanbo, Morgran, Abella, Abel, and especially Elista watch out of the window in trepidation as Quest does not respond to their entreaties to seek shelter. They expect that any moment, a horrible monster will tear out of the trees and devour the Mystic...so they all recoil when the foliage parts and a stranger they've never seen before (Jonbon the bard) staggers out and begins to climb over the fence on his way to the house.
Feb 4, 2016 4:04 am
I peer over at Klak while Sara binds his wounds. "He alright?" I half expect him to jump up at any moment and exclaim that he is pulling a genius prank on us, but something tells me he's not that amusing. I mean, I would've seen some sign of it by now, ya know?
Feb 4, 2016 4:16 am
Ogbar gives up the chase and heads back to the party. He is obviously very grumpy.
Last edited February 4, 2016 4:19 am
Feb 4, 2016 6:27 am
Thacogygax is relieved to see Ogbar return. Nervously, he scans the skies again. "Still about, that dragon is. Seek shelter we must. Come!" He starts off down the path to the Jarl farm, pausing only to gesture urgently to the party.
Last edited February 4, 2016 6:28 am
Feb 4, 2016 6:48 am
Quest moves to assist the stranger onto the property. He moves him to the barn, rather than the house, because he doesn't know who this man. He will however offer aid to a man who seems to be on the run from a vicious beast.

"Who are you friend? What are you running from?"
Feb 4, 2016 10:10 am
At the Jarl Farm

Elista sighs, and Abel comments: "Well, if that Great Master didn't get eaten yet, he's probably not going to be, Merikka be praised. Sounds like the monsters are moving away, too." He pats his daughter Abella gently. "Why don't you see if there's anything these Gargantuan Heroes need in the way of refreshment while I see about this new one in the barn?" He turns to and [color="blue"]Morgran as she runs out of the room. "Revered Dignities, if there is anything we can do to help you heal our son, please let us know....er...let my wife Elista know. I must check on the man your friend is taking into our barn..." With that, Abel bows and also leaves. Elista looks at the dwarves and smiles hopefully.

Meanwhile, Quest has thrown Jonbon's arm over his shoulder and helped him stagger to the barn; he's twisted his ankle running through the forest. Once he catches his breath, the minstrel rubs the heel of his hand on his forehead and says: "I'm Jonbon, the Busker, at your service. I was entertaining some warriors on Cecily's Road when we were attacked by an owlbear. One of the men saved my life, but then he and a dwarf were killed right after he pushed me to run this way. I ran as fast as I could, but some of them may still be alive back there!"

Abel emerges from the house with a spear in his hand, and jogs hurriedly across the open space toward the barn. Just then, Thacogygax emerges from the woods to see the large, open area being used as a farm.

On the Road

There's no sign of the oxen now; they ran off in different directions. Conscious party members other than Sara can attempt medicine if they wish, or do something else. Klak should roll another death save.
Feb 4, 2016 12:20 pm
"Sara, who taught you how to apply bandages? This is all wrong! That's it, out of my way. Clearly my medical training is much more extensive than yours. Let me have at it!" I take great pains to remove what she's done and then replace them in nearly the identical way that she has, gently.
Last edited February 4, 2016 12:20 pm

Rolls

Medicine - (1d20+2)

(19) + 2 = 21

Feb 4, 2016 5:10 pm
Aanbo speaks to Morgran once the chaos has settled. "We should get him back to town. The temple will have better facilities to care for him, while we investigate what might be the source of his ailment."
Feb 4, 2016 9:22 pm
OOC:
Klak is uncertain if he should roll again?
Feb 5, 2016 1:35 am
Xana has stabilized Klak; while he remains unconscious (at 0 HP), he is no longer bleeding toward death. "Good work, 'Xenia'" Durren remarks, as he struggles to his feet again. With his one good arm, he ruefully gestures at the blood soaking his tabard. "Indeed, 'things doth happen in battle.' " Sara and Ogbar neither see nor hear any further signs of movement from the trees.
Feb 5, 2016 3:57 pm
"Well, the oxen are gone so our cart is stranded. How's the minstrel, he alright?" I look to Durren who was the last one I saw with the man.
Feb 5, 2016 4:22 pm
Durren is struggling to wipe his sword clean with one good hand. He nods towards the game trail to the north, where Aanbo, Morgran, and Quest left half an hour before. "The singer hath gone that way. The dragonman also."
Feb 5, 2016 4:55 pm
"Huh. Didn't even notice he left." I look at the minstrel's cart to see if anything can be "salvaged".
Last edited February 5, 2016 4:55 pm
Feb 5, 2016 10:07 pm
Coming out to see Thacogygax coming out of the woods Quest waves him over. "What news! This minstrel said you were attaked. What was it? Is anyone wounded?"
Feb 6, 2016 2:01 am
"Attack us, owlbear and dragon did. Wounded Klak the owlbear did. Follow me here I hope our friends will."
Last edited February 7, 2016 12:43 pm
Feb 6, 2016 1:46 pm
I shrug, "As you will Xana, but we should go looking for him. Went in the direction the others went, perhaps he found the safety of the farmhouse." I set off after Thaco along the path. There's no point in guarding an empty cart with no oxen to pull it.
Feb 6, 2016 4:21 pm
As Sara leaves along the game trail, Xana steps around the carcasses of the mules and up into the broken remains of the boxy wagon; though the back doors are still shut and locked, the front of the wagon has been crushed down and split open by the weight of the leaping owlbear.

spaceseeker19 sent a note to Moofsalot
Durren, waiting by the side of the minstrel's broken wagon and watching the woods, calls over his shoulder to Xana: "Dost thee see aught that can be salvaged for Jonbon?"

Ogbar remains in the road, his blood lust slowly fading, near the prone body of Klak.

spaceseeker19 sent a note to Naatkinson
Feb 6, 2016 4:36 pm
In the stone farmhouse, Morgran is visibly torn between his desire to rush outside to confront danger and his compulsion to help children in need. After a few moments, he nods in response to Aanbo and addresses the young mother Elista: "By Kord's sword, the monk has the way of it. We should take your son back to Hochoch for prayer at the temple. We can use our wagon; our party will be enough to protect him from any brigands on the journey."

Outside, Abel Jarl looks in alarm at the gigantic form of Thacogygax, the farmer's spear dangling forgotten in his hand. Quest seems to take the presence of the dragonman in stride, so Abel closes his mouth and approaches. "Opulent Tremendousness, is this one a friend of yours?" Jonbon remains in the barn.

Moments later, Sara emerges from the woods into the land that the Jarls have cleared for their farm; she sees the Mystic and the Storm Sorcerer talking to a man with a spear (Abel) near a set of farm buildings.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.