Chapter 1, Day 4: Return to Drellin's Ferry

load previous
Feb 19, 2016 4:58 am
"Oh and we destroyed the bridge leading to their camp, which should slow them down a bit." I point vaguely in the area of where the bridge was on the map. "Want to come scout them out? We could probably take out at least half of 'em before they're on the move. Could be fun!"
Feb 19, 2016 1:00 pm
Norro furrows his brow, "Did you have to destroy the bridge? When things get back to normal, we'll need that bridge. There'll be no trade along the Dawn Way until we build a new one... Anyway, if you think you can defeat half of them before they march, it hardly sounds like they're the threat you make them out to be..."

Soranna and Delora share a knowing glance when Pawetha explains the threat and shows the map. Delora leans over and looks at it more carefully. Her face whitens the more she takes it in, "Norro, the druid is right. This is a war plan. There's hundreds of tribes in the Wyrmsmokes that we know of, probably hundreds that we don't. They're a large enough force that they plan to march to Brindol and sack it."

Norro's brow furrows more deeply, "We can't fight an army like that... Pelor save us. What are we to do?!"
Feb 19, 2016 1:09 pm
"Norro, I am Zaris Dalpherkiir," the wizard states warmly after a sip of his tea. He recrosses his legs on the chair and pushes back his cloak with his free hand. "In my years of study I have found an unsettling correlation between these hordes working with dragons and that most despicable creature Tiamat." He uncrosses his legs and leans forward in the chair. "I do believe it would be foolish not to take this situation most seriously."
Feb 19, 2016 1:14 pm
"Yes, ok. Well, I think for now you should rest. I need to talk to the other town elders, and until then nothing more can be done. I'll ask you to come speak to us, probably later tonight or tomorrow evening." He smiles weakly, stands and bows slightly, "Thank you again for your assistance."
Feb 19, 2016 1:19 pm
"Thank you Master Norro." I wish we could have returned with better news." Zaris rises and gives a short, respectful bow to his hosts. He turns to his comrades, "I need something to eat and a place to rest. I'll be at the Inn if anyone needs me."
Feb 19, 2016 3:01 pm
Zaris returns to the inn you stayed at when you first arrived. The serving staff recognizes you immediately, and provides a complimentary pint and plate of meat, bread and cheese. Any others who accompany him are similarly treated with generosity.
OOC:
Zaris, Pawetha and Xara all gain 1 inspiration for role playing.

You've got at least a half day before the council meeting. Anything specific you need or want to do?
Feb 19, 2016 4:33 pm
"Not even a 'thanks for taking out that dragon, we're so grateful, here's a bag of gold for your troubles.' What's up with that? I need a drink. You guys got any plans?"
Feb 19, 2016 4:43 pm
Pawetha looks to see if a reputable smith can be found. At the very least, to know how long it would take to craft one suit of armor and two weapons out of the dragon.
Feb 19, 2016 5:05 pm
Pawetha finds herself standing outside Morlin's Smithy (building "5"). Inside she finds a dwarf working the forge. When she enters he looks up, smiles, sets down his hammer and approaches, "Morlin Coalhewer, at your service."
Feb 19, 2016 7:04 pm
"I thank you kindly," Zaris says taking the plate of food. He walks to a small table in front of the fire and sits down. Frowning at the wooden fork he picks it up and begins rubbing it between his thumbs. After a minute of this he lays it down on the table, sprinkles a few grains of salt upon it, and then covers it with a napkin. When he removes the napkin, the wooden has changed(albeit for only a short amount of time) into a fork of silver. Smiling, he picks it up and begins to eat away at the meat and cheese on his plate.
Feb 19, 2016 7:39 pm
I take the bulk of my gold and do a bit of shopping before I join Zaris. Specifically, I'm looking for healing potions. I wouldn't want my team dying on me the next time we go dragon-hunting.
Feb 19, 2016 7:46 pm
Xara finds one source of healing potions on the east side of the river, Jarret Nurth, proud owner of Jarret's Sundries (building #11), a general goods store, has two potions of healing in stock and offers them to her for the standard price of 50 gold a piece. When she inquires about other sources of potions, he mentions that Avarthel, a druid, tends to the Old Ones on the west bank (area #19).
Feb 19, 2016 8:00 pm
"I'll take 'em, good man. I'm Xara. Remember the name- I could save your life one day!" I give him a wink and head towards the druid's location.
OOC:
In case it wasn't clear, Xara did a bit of skimming off the top the last time she divided up the gold. I listed that amount as 'party gold' on my sheet and will be using that to make any purchases for the group since being a leader means making decisions for other people and stuff.
Feb 19, 2016 9:14 pm
I return to the inn with Zaris, awaiting the decision of the town elders. After eating, I become lost in thought over the threats to this region.
Feb 19, 2016 10:37 pm
Pawetha looks over the dwarf's inventory as she speaks, gauging the smith's skill. "I am looking for an armorer, Sir Coalhewer," she says. "One with an affinity for working with specialized material. Also someone that could work rather quickly, as there would seem to be a bit of a rush given the circumstances."

After sweeping the walls, Pawetha rests her gaze back upon the dwarf. "Are you that armorer which I seek?"
Feb 19, 2016 11:28 pm
The smith nods, "Certainly I am. With speed comes greater cost, and often lower quality mind you." After Pawetha explains what they have his eyes light up, the opportunity to work with Dragon is rare. He explains that he could forge a new suit of armour in a week, and a weapon in three days. If, instead she wanted her existing armour modified he could do it in four days. With a bit of extra incentive, he could do two items at once and put other contracts on hold.
Feb 20, 2016 1:12 am
Pawetha nods. "I will return," she says, gathering up the supplies and leaving the shop. The ranger heads off to find Xara.
Feb 20, 2016 1:44 am
Pawetha catches Xara as she boards the little ferry and prepares to cross to the West Bank. Climbing onto the ferry, the two have several minutes to discuss matters as the horses slowly pull the barge across the river.
Feb 20, 2016 2:05 am
"Xara, I need some coin," Pawetha says plainly. "There's a smith in town that can put all other work on hold to make you one suit of armor and two weapons, but he needs incentive."
Feb 20, 2016 3:29 am
"Like we hold his family for ransom incentive? I mean, I don't usually go that route but if you want it that badly..."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.