Before we get started...

load previous
Dec 9, 2014 7:51 pm
Hey just a quick question for everybody: The character concept I'm toying around with is a Lawful Good inquisitor of noble bearing who worships Gerana, goddess of Justice. Is anyone playing an Evil character? If so I'll likely make some changes to the character layout and concept so that we're not pretty much immediately coming to intra-party conflict once play starts.
Dec 9, 2014 8:24 pm
Oh, when generating: no traits, if you're using the SRD or the APG.
Dec 9, 2014 8:56 pm
Candi says:
Maybe a Monk Implement of some kind (are there monk implements in this system? I may be thinking of 13th Age), or weapon (because as a small monk my unarmed attacks leave something to be desired).
Not Monk Implements as I understand you meaning, but definitely monk-favored weapons. They're designated in the gear lists as such. (If you don't have the books, this is a good - and legal ;) - reference: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ )
Dec 9, 2014 9:00 pm
No traits, got it. Rolled HP, or assigned? Archetypes/multiclass okay, maybe prestige classes? ty :)
Dec 9, 2014 9:04 pm
Rolled is fine, I trust you're not cheating, or you can roll your HP by attaching it to a post here (using the roll tool when making a post). Archetypes, multiclass, and prestige are all fine, as long as I confirm it. That's the point of discussing it here!
Dec 9, 2014 10:39 pm
Silly questions but how do we use the roll tool in a post? Do we just roll the dice in a separate window and then copy paste?

Currently working on getting my Skills onto my character sheet, I just had to pick the class that has damn near all of the skills as class skills...
Dec 9, 2014 10:42 pm
If you hit the Advanced button, you'll go to a post page, at the bottom you can add rolls to a post.
Dec 10, 2014 3:08 am
I need to look up the appropriate pantheon, but I'm leaning towards a sort of white necromancer cleric, maybe muticlassed, but I'm not sure on that. Maybe something along the lines of the Soul Warden prestige class, from Paizo (Undead Slayer's Handbook)
Last edited December 10, 2014 11:20 am
Dec 10, 2014 3:26 am
Gonna go rogue, still looking at options for rest of details
Dec 10, 2014 3:32 pm
While I was discussing chargen with Loki at Savage Mojo, he mentioned that the dungeon is designed to be hard for level, so I think it would do well to make sure you guys are generally well rounded. I have a suspicion that a lopsided party will soon find themselves lopsided.
Dec 10, 2014 4:01 pm
Hello everyone. Sorry I'm late to the discussion (I'm always late to the party). I'm new to this site and didn't know where to look. This will be my first time playing Pathfinder, but I've ran and played D&D 3/3.5e for quite a while. There are some great character ideas here being discussed. I don't see arcane casters though, so I was thinking of making one of those. I have an idea to be the son of a noble, wishing to learn magic (focusing on Abjuration) in order to protect the family lands once I inherit them.
How does that sound?
Dec 10, 2014 4:13 pm
Bare in mind... wishing to learn magic probably isn't appropriate for a level 15 caster :p If he's just getting started at level 15, hes clearly a wizards college legacy, coasting classes because his daddy paid the archmage a ton of gold. Literally, a ton of it. As in weight. See? Joke. Haha. *walks away in shame*
Dec 10, 2014 4:16 pm
That was bad, and you should feel bad.
Dec 10, 2014 4:30 pm
Ha! Sorry, no, what I mean is that's the character concept for when he was level 1. He's been learning magic. He's driven to learn more so that he can be prepared to defend his lands as best he can. Private lessons got him only so far, that's why he adventures.
Dec 10, 2014 5:25 pm
Ok well rounded is the aim so what do we have on deck:

Gnome Monk (melee, combat support)
Inquisitor (healing? Is this a cleric-y healing support class?)
Rogue (melee, combat and non-combat skills)
Halfling Bard (musical support)
Wizard (magics)

And we're missing one still? Sounds like we need a tank -
Dec 10, 2014 5:35 pm
It's mostly a straight up combat build with some support thrown in. I get access to a separate inquisitor spell list and can take healing, but the primary focus is direct damage. A lot of my abilities are built around granting temporary bonuses on attacks or dealing extra damage to particular types of creatures. I'll have access to Cure Serious/Critical for when we need it but I don't get a ton of uses of it per day.
Last edited December 10, 2014 5:40 pm
Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm
You missed Cyber who's looking at a divine class as well.
Dec 10, 2014 5:46 pm
With definitely a focus on healing. :) And a few levels of fighter, so not entirely helpless. ;)
Dec 10, 2014 5:47 pm
I picked up cure serious wounds and cure critical wounds as some of my bard spells, I also have some direct/indirect damage spells that I can cast but my spells per day is pretty limited so I'm not going to be through stuff around very often.

@DeusMalum could your guy tank or more combat support?

It seems like we might be light on damage absorption and healing, though 2 classes with heals isn't too bad. I think with a Monk, Rogue and Wizard we are going to have plenty of damage to sling around.

@CyberIstari good to hear we will have a healer, you posted right as I was writing mine :-)
Last edited December 10, 2014 5:49 pm
Dec 10, 2014 6:16 pm
I knew I missed someone! So we have lots of healing (a dedicated healing character, and lots of splashed healing). The volume of healing might substitute for the tank... I'm kind of a tanky build, not because I have lots of health and resistances but because under the right circumstances I can redirect damage away from me (Ie/ when I'm attacked while threatening a second foe - I can make a Reflex save to have the attack hit the other guy instead of me). I can go more all-in on the defences and focus less on damage (probably good actually because as a small monk my base damage is pretty bad). I'll do that, so I'll be a "tank" :P
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.