Before we get started...

load previous
Dec 10, 2014 6:57 pm
Sounds like a plan @Candi.

I'm still just plugging away at getting my skills entered, haven't even decided on feats yet. I'm also thinking about upgrading my weapons and armor to spend some of that 240,000 gold we have to spend on equipment.

I'll also be the brave soul to roll HP first, come on lucky 8's...
Last edited December 10, 2014 7:28 pm

Rolls

Hit Point roll - (15d8+15)

(565221345473388) + 15 = 81

Dec 10, 2014 7:04 pm
Even a small monk's damage isn't bad by any means, and instead of spending money on weapons, you could get items or gloves/knuckles with permanent or limited spells that are affect attacks/you. Magic fang for example.
Dec 10, 2014 7:31 pm
The damage isn't bad, but my Archetype already sets me up to pseudo-tank and we lack a full on tank so I figured why not lean more into it. I'll still do some damage, but instead I'll focus on controlling the battle and mitigating damage to myself.
Dec 10, 2014 7:32 pm
I can tank. My HP isn't super high (95) but I've got a bunch of abilities that grant damage reduction and regeneration on a limited basis, as well as good saves and a planned high AC (though I haven't bought armor yet).

Plus my domain power grants us all Heroism for a limited amount of time whenever I use it.
Dec 11, 2014 2:42 am
My Rogue HP roll

Rolls

HP roll - (15d8+15)

(237846244357738) + 15 = 88

Dec 11, 2014 3:26 am
Keleth: The Monk has a class bonus to CMD, but the character sheet on the site auto-calculates that and doesn't let me add a Misc modifier.
Dec 11, 2014 3:53 am
Tiana's Hit Points Roll

Rolls

Hit Points - (14d8+53)

(38613633425585) + 53 = 115

Dec 11, 2014 4:01 am
Question: My character uses a sling staff that requires 2 hands to load but only one hand to fire. would it be possible to add a buckler to my off hand and not impede loading of my sling?
Dec 11, 2014 4:23 am
Candi: I'll add that.

JoHoover: Yah, that works. Given you can use a crossbow without penalty with a buckler on, loading a slingstaff with a buckler makes sense.
Dec 11, 2014 3:14 pm
Just to clarify the point about one special item, is that a limit of one magic item total? Or just one particularly awesome item?
Dec 11, 2014 3:30 pm
You have 240k gold to spend: you'll have a lot of magical stuff (or a lot of gold you're dragging around, like chests of it :D). You can think of one item you found in a previous adventure, had particularly made, etc. Come up with what you want it to do, and though you can come up with stats, I'll make the final decisions there. It shouldn't be particularly powerful, something like what a +3 weapon could do. But you can also treat it as an augment to an existing item. For example, I'm working on a special hammer for Deus. I will come up with some special stats for it, and he'll have to pay for it to be a useful weapon. Like if I give it the shattering spell 2/day, he'll have to add stuff like making it a +3 shocking frost hammer. If instead its not an item that usually enchanted, I'll treat it as a minor to medium wondrous item.
Dec 11, 2014 4:22 pm
Speaking of, I think I have everything together except equipment! Yay! I added her to the library (because the library needs more characters, and also now you can all look at her):

http://gamersplane.com/characters/pathfinder/114
Last edited December 11, 2014 4:22 pm
Dec 11, 2014 4:30 pm
I need to make it prettier (or get help from a designer to do that), but over all, I think the character sheets are lookin pretty decent; what do you guys think? And I haven't forgotten about adding a CMB and CMD misc input.
Dec 11, 2014 5:03 pm
I wanted to check on a Lore Warden archetype for my fighter levels, a la Pathfinder Society. It fits my build, but okay if not. I'll worry about the prestige class later, maybe (Soul Warden).

Rolling HP here:

Rolls

Cleric HP, levels 2-10 - (9d8)

(162346771) = 37

Fighter HP, levels 1-4 - (5d10)

(42816) = 21

Dec 11, 2014 5:33 pm
Do you know what book Lore Warden comes from? Or any online reference I can look at?
Dec 11, 2014 5:45 pm
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo---fighter-archetypes/lore-warden
Dec 11, 2014 7:34 pm
Keleth says:
I need to make it prettier (or get help from a designer to do that), but over all, I think the character sheets are lookin pretty decent; what do you guys think? And I haven't forgotten about adding a CMB and CMD misc input.
I like the look of it all filled in. If I was running a game of Pathfinder at the table, I'd almost encourage players to use this site to make character sheets. The only improvements I want are (from my experience with making the Monk, I imagine spell casters will have more demands):

1. I'd love to be able to rearrange the Feat section at my discretion. I like keep my Feats, EX and SU abilities in groups to find more easily, and as I level up my grouping will be ruined because new entries go to the bottom.

2. Vision, Speed and Languages should have boxes in the top chunk (these are commonly needed parts of characters, depending on your GM style - but definitely speed - and fly and swim speeds too because it's nice not to have to calculate that stuff on the fly).

3. I'd like a box to the right of Damage Reduction for Resistances (so I can put "Spell DC 25" there instead of commandeering the DR box).
Dec 11, 2014 7:50 pm
Great input! I'm adding that to my todo list.
Dec 11, 2014 9:33 pm
Beat me to it, Deus! :) And this is the considered prestige class, for later reference: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/s-z/soul-warden
Dec 11, 2014 9:35 pm
Both are fine Istari.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.