Scene 1

load previous
Feb 18, 2016 5:08 pm
OOC:
Does Andy or F4d30ut know of a way to link her Fly-Spy's camera and microphone to his deck? Andy would suggest that he wait in the van and observe through her "eyes and ears."
Feb 18, 2016 5:18 pm
OOC:
Yes. since you said that you're willing to grant me access I can just do that myself. that will work. and since I have the comm codes for everyone (I'm assuming) I can communicate to the team if I want to give my input or warn them of possible Matrix intrusions. We can roleplay that out.
Feb 18, 2016 5:23 pm
Andy places a comforting hand on F4d3's, and flicks her glance upward to her Fly-Spy in an unspoken suggestion of remote observation. She hands the keys to her Bulldog to the uncomfortable decker and says, "Wait in the car. Did you want something from here? I'll bring it to you afterward."
Feb 18, 2016 5:40 pm
F4d30ut looks at her gratefully, nods, takes her keys and glances at the AR menu in front of him.

"oooh, the buffalo chicken substitute sandwich and the protato wedges look good. With a Jolt, please.

Max awkwardly gets out of the booth over the other people in the party and makes his way to Andy's bulldog and sits in the passenger seat. he pulls up the feed from Andy's drone in AR and goes into Overwatch mode in the parking lot. He notices the gang members in the area and slowly slouches down in his seat and makes sure all the doors are locked.

Feeling more comfortable now that he's able to focus on the hidden world of the Matrix, he sends a group chat request to everyone invited to the meet in order to facilitate a text discussion during the meet that Vinyl and the Johnson won't see, his cyberdeck acting as the server to deter anyone else sleazing their way into the conversation.
OOC:
I'll be keeping an eye on the parking lot and the Matrix from here. I believe the matrix perception check I already did would have told me if there any silent commlinks in the area.
Feb 18, 2016 6:26 pm
OOC:
You are correct. You did not find any silent commlinks at the time. I'm going to run it a bit loose and let that roll cover the whole scene unless something significant changes. That way there's a bit less die rolling and waiting for people to check the forum.
Feb 18, 2016 8:37 pm
OOC:
Visions prized possession is her goggles. In addition to letting her view AR it also has flare reduction, magnification and thermal vision. She always has her googles with her but normally has them hanging around her neck. Vision prefers to see the world without the matrix, it provides less distractions and makes it easier to keep an eye out for trouble.
When Vision shows up at Sideliners she heads directly to the rest of the team on the table. She takes the seat that gives her the best view of the rest of the bar.

Andy Turns to address Vision "Vision, darling, how have you been?" Vision pulls out her ear buds with annoyance, the bar is too loud for her to hear her music.

"I have been doing ok. I am just glad to have another job."

After Fadeout leaves Vision speaks up to the rest of the group. "You know he is going to have to learn to overcome his problems with noise and crowds eventually. I don’t want that to cause any problems on a run." Then Vision slides her goggles up to her face so she can see the group messages.
OOC:
I am assuming Fadeout won’t connect to the drone feed until he gets in the car, so there is a period of time we can talk without his hearing it.
Feb 18, 2016 9:09 pm
"Give him some time," says Andy, glancing through her second set of eyes at the crowd from up high. "F4d3's more comfortable in the Matrix, which is where his talent lies. The fact that he came of his own volition shows his progress.

"What about you, Rinse?" she continues, redirecting the conversation while they all have a moment.
Feb 18, 2016 9:12 pm
OOC:
Rinse has glasses that allow him to view AR. Also I think you'd want to get a 'transceiver' for a more discrete way to communicate
"I'm well, ready to get some work done. Hopefully the Jay won't be bugged out one member of the team doesn't show his face."

Looking around the venue, he starts to get an idea of what the Johnson might be after.

Mr. Jay might be a Flames fan, he's not gonna have us rig the hockey match....right?

He shoots a message to F4d30ut with an idea, "If you'd feel more comfortable in the matrix, maybe you could do some digging for the team? See if you can dig up any info on the layout of that hockey stadium, we might need to get in there. Uhh, just like how those space guys sneaked into that Darth Star thing in Space Wars."

Preparing himself for the meet, Rinse also conducts simple searches to educate himself on the two sports teams. He looks up enough info so he can pretend to be both a Flames or a Wings fan, depending on who the Jay likes.
OOC:
Not sure what I'd roll for this, but I think I'll need etiquette for when the actual meeting starts.
Last edited February 18, 2016 9:20 pm
Feb 18, 2016 9:31 pm
"What the frag, Rinse! it's the DEATH STAR and it's called STAR WARS! Have I taught you nothing, Padawan? Anyway, yeah, I can do some hunting around for the general layout, but you're assuming that's what the job is. Shouldn't we wait until we know for sure what it is? I'll do a general search just so I know what places to hit for the data in case we need it, though."

F4d30ut begins his search, and also starts to mutter to himself about how Rinse never learned how to appreciate good vintage cinema and how Star Wars is the classic story of the Hero's Journey and basically redefined how humanity views science fiction, etc, etc, etc....
OOC:
going to do a matrix search for general, public information on the stadium. Facewall Pictures, blueprints, anything I can find on this grid. and I keep forgetting to switch to character when I post!
Last edited February 18, 2016 10:16 pm

Rolls

Search for layout plans of sports stadium (computer 6+ intuition 3 [data search 5] - (9d6)

(151216422) = 24

Feb 18, 2016 9:41 pm
OOC:
The book doesn't actually seem to have rules for doing a simple Matrix Search. But the kind of information you're looking for would likely be extremely simple to find. Basically like having a futuristic Wikipedia. The great thing about AR is that it will allow you to keep the search results in your field of view even while you're looking directly at the person you're talking to. That way, if you need names or percentages or whatever, you have them all right there. The rest will be Etiquette. If you had a relevant knowledge skill I'd let you roll that for bonus dice on your Etiquette roll, but you don't.
Feb 19, 2016 12:20 am
OOC:
Trying to catch up here... Lo has AR available to him through his glasses but only uses them on occasion (and this would be such an occasion). He'll pass on trying to identify the gangs - sounds like he determined they weren't anything to really get worked up about, so he won't.
Not being in any sort of hurry to enter the establishment Lo continues to sit on the bench as the other members start to arrive. He gives Rinse a quick nod as the dwarf walks by, "Looks crowded" he laments, but to Lo anymore than four people within his general vicinity is a "crowd".

Andy and F4d30ut arrive shortly after but Lo decides to remain quiet on the bench but does send Andy a quick text to let her know what his scouting has turned up: "sum lo level gangres abot, usul thugs. I com in wen vishun get here." When Vision does arrive Lo will simply tag along behind her.

The amount of people keeps Lo on edge, too many eyes for his liking, and he keeps his hand close to his blades; just in case. He approaches the table and greets the others in his usual verbose style, "Hey!" before taking a seat next to Vision. "I like a public meeting place as much as the next guy, but this is just a little too public." It isn't long before the distraction of the hockey game catches his attention.

"That little Russian is something else, ain't he?" he says to no one in particular.
Feb 19, 2016 12:34 am
"Nothing beats the Yzerman-era from the old 90s," remarks Andy into her menu, "and the Russian Five. Those were some exciting games." She looks up wistfully, eyes half taking in the current game. "I wish I could have seen those at the old Joe. What a time to have been alive."
Feb 19, 2016 1:18 am
"I've only seen a few clips of those olden ones, almost a different game back then." Lo responds without taking his eyes off of the game.

Lo flinches at the thought that Mr. Jay may be a Flames fan. "I could fake not being a Wings fan for a job, but I'm not sure I could stomach faking to be a fan of the Flames...."
Feb 19, 2016 6:04 pm
"Wow. I barely care about modern sports, how can anyone give a frag about sports events from the fifth world?"
Feb 19, 2016 6:17 pm
"Just go back to your Star Trek, Admiral Adama." Lo answers back, purposely mixing references...
Feb 19, 2016 6:26 pm
Max makes various exasperated, strangled off sounds before cutting off his comm. He continues to mutter to himself about teammates that don't know drek about anything important and would rather see people playing stupid games and get paid more than the GDP of small countries.

He also continues with his matrix search and overwatch duties while trying not to be seen sitting in the van in the parking lot.
Feb 20, 2016 1:18 am
"Vision, you have anything new?" asks Andy, tapping her ear bud. "I liked that last album you recommended. Some of the tracks seemed like filler, but it was good stuff, overall."
Feb 20, 2016 2:42 am
OOC:
Sorry this took so long. Work had me in meetings all day.
Even with the majority of his attention on the information coming from the Matrix, F4d30ut sees Vinyl as he parks his Lexus sedan in the parking lot of the restaurant. The familiar signal of Vinyl's PAN announces his presence to the skilled Decker.

Thanks to the heads-up from F4d30ut, the entire group looks up as the fixer steps into the restaurant and makes his way toward the table.

Vinyl is short for an Ork, standing at 163cm. His skin is cinnamon and his features look Mediterranean. Vinyl has short, dark brown hair and a cool demeanor. His cybereyes are designed to look innocuous, but are obviously artificial if you look closely. He is never afraid to meet anyone's gaze because he's always sure that he can get you something that you need. Vinyl dresses well for someone in the streets, preferring slacks and a blazer instead of leather, denim, and chains. Vinyl will sometimes wear a simple steel necklace, but otherwise wears no jewelry. His left leg is obviously a cyber replacement. It moves smoothly, but there is an audible whir whenever he walks.

"It's good to see everyone," Vinyl says as he gets to the table. The Ork slides into one edge of the curved bench seat, leaving the chair in the aisle open for the Johnson. Vinyl flashes a toothy smile at the group, "Thank you all for coming, the Johnson will be joining us shortly." Taking another look around, Vinyl cocks his head, "Where's F4d30ut? Too noisy in here for him?"

From the car, F4d30ut sees a message heading out from Vinyl's Pan heading into the Matrix. This message is likely signaling the Johnson to come in to meet the crew.
Feb 20, 2016 2:48 am
Andy nods to the ork as she scoots further into the bench to make more room. "Hi Vinyl," she says. "F4d30ut's around, keeping an eye on things. How's the leg holding up?"
Feb 20, 2016 2:59 am
Reminding himself that "Business comes first" Lo reluctantly pries his eyes off of the game as Vinyl takes a spot at the table. "Heya, Vinyl" he responds as the the Ork greets the assembled team "it's good to see you as well."

Lo has dealt with a few other fixers in the past but Vinyl is the first that he genuinely doesn't hate. Sure, he wouldn't count on the Ork in a life or death situation, but the guy has certainly earned a certain amount of respect from Lo.
Last edited February 20, 2016 3:00 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.