Scene 1

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Feb 20, 2016 3:09 am
F4d30ut is perfectly content to watch the meet through Andy's drone. He will stay silent until he feels the need to interject or the dreck hits the fan. He does take the time to send a quick "thumbs up" icon in AR to Vinyl so the fixer knows that the greatest decker alive is near and patrolling the local 'trix.
OOC:
When the johnson shows up, F4d30ut will take his picture. and he will record the video feed of the meet. you never know when you need that sort of thing.
Feb 20, 2016 9:24 am
Vision abruptly stops her conversation with Andy about music when Vinyl approaches the table. It strikes Vision as strange she always seems to talk more when Andy is around. Vision wonders if Andy is trying to pull her out of her shell or if Andy is just naturally friendly and easy to talk to. But vision soon pushes the thought from her head, Vinyl is here, it's time for business.
Last edited February 20, 2016 9:24 am
Feb 23, 2016 1:22 pm
Moments after Vinyl takes his seat, F4d30ut sees a Black Eurocar sedan pull into the restaurant parking lot and park. A well-built white human man gets out of the driver's seat. He is accompanied by a slimmer man who exits the back of the car. After a look around the parking lot, the pair heads into Sideliners.

The first man through the door it the larger of the two. He pauses by the entrance and scans the room before stepping aside and allowing the smaller man in. The bodyguard stays by the door watching the room as you get your first good look at Mr. Johnson.

Johnson is a white human male in his mid to late twenties. His suit is clean and pressed, but not terribly expensive. It looks like a department store buy and is clearly not tailored. He looks somewhat nervous, like he doesn't really belong. He keeps looking around like he expects a fight to break out any second.

The bodyguard however does not look nervous. He is also wearing a suit, but it looks to fit him better despite his size. He makes little effort to conceal the bulge of a weapon under his suit jacket.

Vinyl glances up at the man as he approaches the table and pushed out the chair for the man. "Everyone," Vinyl begins, "this is Mr. Johnson."
OOC:
Would anyone like to make pleasantries before Mr. Johnson begins to explain the job that he wants to hire you for?
Feb 23, 2016 3:57 pm
Andy waves a clean hand and gives a bright smile. "Hi, Mr. Johnson," she says, giving a show of welcoming in order to ease the man's nervousness. Her posture is upright, head tilted at a very slight angle as though Mr. J has her complete and rapt attention. It is not an overt display of friendliness, since there's no point in overwhelming the man.
OOC:
Let me know if any Etiquette rolls have to be made (and what to use). Rinse is our face, perhaps I can act as his second.
Last edited February 23, 2016 3:58 pm
Feb 23, 2016 6:22 pm
F4d30ut stops his muttering as the sedan pulls up and the Johnson gets out. Time to go to work. He snaps a quick pic of the johnson and his bodyguard from his vantage point in the van and runs a quick matrix search on them both. Nothing too deep, just something to see if either have made the front page of any newspapers. He does alert the team to their arrival and sends the team the pics so they know who to look for.

Rolls

Matrix search on Johnson/bodyguard (limit 5) - (9d6)

(612426332) = 29

Feb 23, 2016 7:20 pm
Vision slowly leans back into her seat, crossing her arms. She carefully studies Mr. Johnson, trying to read as much information from his body language as possible. He seems nervous, he is probably not used to meeting with shadowrunners. Vision stars directly at Mr. Johnson trying to make him feel uneasy, if she can instill a healthy amount of fear in him than he will be less likely to attempt fragging us over when the job is done.

Rolls

Assessing to study the auras of Mr. Johnson and the bodyguard (Magic 6 + Assessing 5) - (9d6)

(524243443) = 31

Feb 23, 2016 11:39 pm
Lo simply gives a friendly nod, "Mr. Johnson"
Last edited February 23, 2016 11:39 pm
Feb 24, 2016 12:15 pm
Rinse smiles at the Jay, and he attempts to greet him in a way to sooth his nerves. Nothing good can come from a twitchy client.

"Nice to meet you sir, pleasure to do business with you."

Rolls

Etiquette to calm down the Johnson? (Etiquette 5 + Charisma 7) (Limit 9) - (12d6)

(441454326125) = 41

Feb 25, 2016 4:05 pm
OOC:
In this case, since I took too long to get back to this and Rinse rolled fine on his own for your purposes, I'm just going to run with the rolls as they are.

In the future though, here's how teamwork tests work:
-Anyone helping with the test (in this case, I'm going to use Andy as the example) makes the same roll that the lead (Rinse) would make.
-Every assistant that gets at least one hit (unless they get a glitch) increases the limit of the leader's roll by 1
-Every hit that an assistant gets (unless they get a glitch) increases the leader's dice pool by 1 (up to the leader's skill rating)
-Then the leader (in this case Rinse) makes his roll.

Like I said though, unless you REALLY want to try to make the Johnson feel buddy-buddy level of comfortable, I'm just going to let Rinse's roll stand as-is since it's enough to get him to relax a bit.
F4d30ut
Trying to concentrate on the meet and running your search at the same time clearly isn't the most productive way to go about things. You aren't able to glean much from your initial search. You do manage to find out that the bodyguard has a few counts of assault against him. But that's about it at this time.

Vision
You just can't seem to get much of a read on the two men. Maybe the commotion of the crowd is distracting you. Maybe the emotions of the area are clouding your astral sight. Whatever the reason, all that you can gather from your assensing is that Johnson is nervous, the bodyguard is slightly annoyed but mostly bored, and neither of them are magically active.

The calm, slightly friendly, but mostly professional demeanor of the group puts Mr. Johnson at ease and he visibly seems to calm down. At least he stops looking over his shoulder constantly. The man takes a moment to look at everyone then sits in the chair that Vinyl pushed out for him.

Seeing that the human isn't exactly sure how to start, Vinyl prompts him, "Mr. Johnson has an errand that he needs run. He asked me to find a few people that could do the job and I picked out you five." He turns to look at the man, "Mr. Johnson, why don't you tell us what we can do for you?"

Taking the prompt, Johnson begins speaking. His accent marks him as coming from this part of the world, though probably not "inner-city". He speaks smoothly, but he stops occasionally to swallow and look around the table. "The job is pretty simple. There is a package being delivered to this address." Anyone not viewing AR will get a notification from their commlink that they have a new message. Anyone viewing AR will immediately see a text message from Vinyl with an address in southern Tacoma. "The package is being shipped through a carrier called North American Freight. It should get to the Tacoma distribution center sometime Wednesday and is scheduled to be delivered Thursday. I need you to pick up the package before it is delivered, and bring it to me unopened."
Feb 25, 2016 4:20 pm
OOC:
Thanks for the info. I am very unfamiliar with when to roll skill tests, so please prompt me if something is required.
Feb 25, 2016 5:20 pm
f4d30ut abandons his search since he doesn't need the information and instead pushes different information to his team's AR displays.

everyone who is looking at AR sees a map of the area with north american freight's distribution center and the address in question with the most likely route that the delivery truck will take. Max also scans for information about the neighborhood the package is being delivered to, crime statistics, average home value, gang activity, etc.

Max also makes it a point to record this whole meet from the viewpoint of the drone.
OOC:
making a matrix search check just in case I need to...

and the kickass decker can't even do a matrix search....
Last edited February 25, 2016 5:21 pm

Rolls

matrix search (limit 5) - (9d6)

(433142344) = 28

Feb 25, 2016 6:20 pm
Max is able to get the location of the North American Freight distribution center and the location of the address from publicly available data. Unfortunately the projected route between the two is only a direct route and assumes that there won't be any other deliveries made by that truck. Not exactly useful information.

Likewise, his search for demographic and crime statistics for the area also turn up nothing.
Feb 25, 2016 6:27 pm
"Do you have a tracking number for this package, Mr. Johnson?" asks Andy. "Or is there a From: address label? We would like to be able to identify the parcel correctly."
Feb 25, 2016 8:08 pm
Vision has a few questions about the job, but she knows that the meeting would go smother is Andy and Rinse did most of the talking. So Vision says nothing and instead uses her Trodes to send a list of her questions to the team.

What is the size and weight of the package?

How important is this package? How much security should we expect? How badly will the old owner want their package back?

Is the package fragile? Are there explosives or dangerous chemicals in the package?

Should we expect a tracking device to be planted in the package?
Last edited February 25, 2016 8:09 pm
Feb 25, 2016 11:05 pm
Rinse keeps his hands folded together on the table. He nods in agreement to what Andy asked.

"We'll also need to know the dimensions of he package, so we can accurately plan on how to transport it. Also, is there anything about the contents of the package that we should know about - should we take any special precautions when handling it?"

He leans in and speaks a little bit quieter, just out of courtesy for the spooked jay.

"What kind of security is going to be guarding this item? How important is this item to the previous owner?"
OOC:
Didn't really want to ask a bunch of questions all at once, but I figure it's be better than slowly answering one question at a time over the next week.
Feb 26, 2016 1:34 am
Lo says nothing, simply listening to the discussion between the team and Mr. Johnson, but starts to get an uneasy feeling with all of the questions being asked. "All we need to know his how to identify the package and where to drop it. We're going to spook him" he thinks to himself as he lets out a small sigh.
Feb 26, 2016 4:55 pm
Andy diverts her attention momentarily to text F4d30ut and see if he can discreetly find a work schedule for North American Freight drivers. It would do well to know what trucks will be out on the road and who will be driving them.

Once the team is told which package to look for, another query should see which truck it will be on.

Andy personally doesn't care who the package is for, or what it is. Vinyl got them this job; she intends to complete it.
Feb 26, 2016 10:44 pm
F4d30ut post a response on the group char

NEGATIVE. WILL HAVE TO BE AT THE DISTRIBUTION CENTER TO HACK. WE SHOULD GO AFTER THIS MEET.
Last edited February 27, 2016 4:24 pm
Feb 27, 2016 1:07 pm
The Johnson swallows and seems to be reading something in his AR. "The package is coming from a company called 'Intelligent Supplies'," he says somewhat mechanically. "Unfortunately, the information that my sources were able to get did not include detailed shipping or tracking information." As he relays that information, he almost flinches as if he expects to be berated, but it only lasts a moment. "What I am able to tell you is that, based on the cost of shipping, the package should be between 35 and 50 kilos."

Johnson sits and listens to your questions, occasionally focussing his gaze on his AR view before responding. "The package is being shipped through a commercial carrier. I would not expect any heightened security for a simple delivery." He looks around the room, being sure to look back at the bodyguard by the door. Despite Rinse's attempts to calm him down, the man appears to be getting more agitated the more questions you ask him. "The uh," he stumbles over his words and looks around at the group. "The specific contents of the package are of no concern to you. However, it should be handled as if it is fairly delicate, but not hazardous."
Feb 27, 2016 4:55 pm
"Thank you, Mr. Johnson, that is most helpful," Andy says, sincerely. "One final question: once we've secured your package, will we be calling you directly, or make delivery arrangements through Vinyl?" She listens to the Johnson, but also looks at the ork for his answer in case this was already discussed between them.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.