Uncegilla Cove Burning

Feb 29, 2016 3:48 am
http://www.cinema52.com/2014/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/20140107-081440.jpg

The fire is spreading quickly among the wooden building. The chaos of the Timmerman attack and the fire has spread to the people. Everyone is running and screaming. The aldiea is going to be destroyed quickly if something doesn't change. On top of all that, one of your own, Pha R'tet, has vanished into the sky above.
OOC:
That image may be a little over dramatic at the moment, but it is escalating quickly toward this point. Everyone but Pha acts here first. If you want to do something to help Pha, your action should reflect that and then you can post in the other thread to keep the action separate. One XP for discovering that the legendary Timmermen are only human after all.
Feb 29, 2016 4:32 am
Yaru looks at the unfolding scene with wide eyes. "Uh..." He's torn between helping his friend who is speeding off into the sky and helping the village. Running through his list of available options, Yaru shrugs and does what he can. "Fire! Fire! We need a bucket line!" He runs towards the villagers, looking out after his brother or his father to try and get them to help get things under control.

I wonder if the village burned down and we all moved somewhere else if that might not be better... He thinks as he tries to get people focused on addressing the matter at hand.
Feb 29, 2016 4:48 am
It takes a minute or two but Yaru finds his brother. A few of the people who hear Yaru calling out about a bucket line and begin running to collect buckets. It's a start, but more needs to be done.
Feb 29, 2016 5:16 pm
As the flames begin and Yaru leads the bucket line Galen will search the bodies of the Timmermen to see if there are any Cyphers that may be useful.
OOC:
Intelligence Task?

Rolls

Int Task? - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Feb 29, 2016 6:43 pm
Carrick had pulled himself off the corpse of the Hyena-headed Timmerman and took a moment to catch his breath, wincing from the pain in his leg and back. He judged the intensity of the flames and the direction of the wind before approaching one of the elders, "Did you get everyone out of the buildings before the Timmermen arrived, or are there still people in there? We need to tear down those two buildings to create a firestop; where can I find an axe?"
OOC:
Using a recovery roll

Rolls

Recovery (first of my two 1-action recoveries) - (1d6+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Feb 29, 2016 8:06 pm
The bucket line beginning -- Yaru wracks his brain for other ideas. "I could help destroy buildings, but..." he gestures to the fire, "I think I'd just be setting more things on fire."
Mar 5, 2016 1:17 am
As Galen searches the body of the Timerman he finds three small items. A coil of metal that is very heavy. A glass vial with two crystals of different colors. A plain gold ring. As he holds the ring up, it appears to be an exact match to the one he wears around his neck, the one that belonged to his mother. Galen looks up and sees his adoptive father, Irving Winter, standing still and looking at him. Irving's face is torn with grief and pain looking at his adopted son. He reaches out toward Galen...when the building behind him collapses...swallowing the sword master.
OOC:
I felt the 1 was better spent amping up the drama rather than simply not finding the treasures. You have two cyphers.

Bionic tentacle (level 3): A ball of metal cable. Activated by pressing against your skin. You grow an extra limb in the form of a metal tentacle with three clawed "fingers" which can be used to make an attack as a light weapon or given a one handed weapon. The arm operates for 28 hours (one day)

Crystal wall (level 6): Two jagged crystals in a vial. Use: Smash the crystals together. Effect: Smashing these crystals together will create a chemical reaction that will grow a transparent wall approximately two inches thick, in a 10ft x 10ft area. The wall is impervious to attacks of a lower than it's level.
Mar 5, 2016 1:20 am
Seeing the building collapse on Irving, Galen slips the ring into his pocket and rushes toward where the building fell and begins attempting to lift large chunks of building off of his adoptive father. All thoughts of anything else are lost in his sudden fear and grief (for now).
OOC:
Spending one point of might to reduce difficulty by one

Breaking objects training might apply here as well to reduce difficulty by one more point
Last edited March 5, 2016 1:22 am

Rolls

Strength Task - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Mar 6, 2016 8:54 pm
Carrick spun away from the elders, they were obviously too numb with shock to be of any use. He looked up at the bulging, roiling storm clouds and hoped they would soon unleash the moisture they obviously carried. A flash of movement caught his attention, and he saw the craft carrying Pha. Another knot of worry grew in Carrick's stomach at what Pha's fate may be. From his time on the sea, he knew that lightning and metal masts didn't mix well, and the Timmermen's transports seemed to love lightning. For Pha's sake, he hoped the storm carried only rain with it.

He joined the bucket brigade, knowing it was probably a futile effort, but he couldn't think of an alternative. So much of his life had been spent surrounded by water, and now he couldn't find enough of it!
OOC:
I have a Phase Changer cypher (not sure of the level). Would it work to affix it to a building adjacent to the fire and create a firestop that way? The building would theoretically be impervious to the flames, and I'm thinking that even if it didn't contain stop the fire's spread, it would at the very least buy us some time. Thoughts?
Mar 7, 2016 6:25 pm
OOC:
Don't death flag me! I'm wearing brown pants already... D=
Mar 7, 2016 7:32 pm
OOC:
Using the phase changer is a great idea. It can keep the fire from spreading in one direction.
The bucket line seems to have halted the progress of the fire on one side. More needs to be done though. It can still spread in two other directions and damage the village.

Galen is singed some but manages to find his father in the rubble of the collapsed building. He strains to drag the older man to saftey and finds himself a little winded.
Mar 8, 2016 2:34 am
Carrick let himself feel a moment of satisfaction at the progress they'd made at stemming the tide of flames in this direction with their paltry bucket brigade. He set his bucket down and stretched his back, kneading the knots out of lower portion with his fists. One hand brushed the pouch he carried, and an idea popped into his mind. He pulled out the small, spiky disk that he had received from the Seer. He turned it over in his hands, trying to remember how he was to activate it. He vaguely remembered that all he had to do was stab the spikes into an object to shift their dimension. Whatever that meant. He eyed the expanding flames and figured it was worth trying.

He ran around the path of the inferno and dodged between the buildings until he got close to the large warehouse in its path. His protective sphere did little to stem the oppressive heat that threatened to roast him alive. He edged up to the wall and, firmly grasping the cypher in his hand, rammed the four spikes into the building as hard as he could. Immediately, the silver cypher began glowing a deep red, and the entire building began to fade. It didn't completely disappear, but Carrick stumbled through the wall, landing on the ground about a foot beneath the floorboards. He stood up and looked around, incredulous at the power being wrought around him. He could still feel the heat from the fire, but the paint on the fireside of the building was no longer bubbling or cracking. Shifting dimensions must have something to do with making things no longer tangible. Huh - good to know!

He grinned at his success and ran through the rest of the building, ignoring the doors and walls, to emerge on the side closest to the area where the fire was still spreading. The smoke was thick here, and while he could make out vague body-shapes, he wasn't sure who was here with him.
OOC:
@foolsmask - I hope the creative liberties I took in describing its use/effects are acceptable. ;)
@everyone else - Any thoughts on how to battle this last arm of the fire?
Mar 8, 2016 4:41 am
Yaru continues to help with the bucket brigade, fretting about the fire. He considers his own cyphers -- seeing Carrick activate something that seems to block the fire from spreading to a nearby building, but he lacks an obvious answer. He frowns and grabs a bucket to throw on the fire to see if it'll help.
OOC:
I'm kinda out of ideas based on what I have access to. Outside of blasting the crap out of the other building, I don't really have something that will work. I could try and create a firebreak by destroying an adjacent building, but there's real risk I'll just light it on fire too!
Mar 8, 2016 1:02 pm
Pha shoves up oddly enough in style dumping off the dead Hound minus his gloves. Pointing to the body when seeing the others and villagers he barks out "Oy! Search his body for anything useful to help for now, get some people to the docks with waterproof tarps, we can jury rig this thing to drop sea water quicker. Combat the fire farthest away from the water sources and be mindful of the wind. Control the fire where we can and if your in trouble yell out. We just dealt with the doom bringers of the village and a little fire isn't going to out do them or beat us either." he yells out. Some might see a male younger version of Mohsen when he speaks, although both were brash youths they both had good heads on their shoulder.
OOC:
Attempting to jury rig a tarp with cords to drop water on the larger areas quicker with the flying device... Which was my idea once I stopped myself from dying from the fall.
Last edited March 8, 2016 2:04 pm
Mar 9, 2016 3:25 am
The smoke swirled around Carrick suddenly, and his jaw dropped at Pha's stylish arrival. He had last seen Pha rocketing into the sky in an uncontrolled ascent, and now here he was swooping in and giving orders like he was one of the Elders! But considering the casual ease in which he booted the Hound-headed Timmerman from the craft and the way he controlled their flying machine, maybe he should be an Elder....

Carrick snapped back to attention and finally got the gist of what Pha was wanting them to do. He gave a sharp nod and dashed toward the docks. He knew right where the tarps were, for he had spent the previous night folding and stowing them away. His initial thought was to grab the largest, but decided it would be better to take a medium-sized one instead. He wasn't sure if the Timmerman's vessel could haul the weight of that much sea water. Tucking it under his arm and grabbing a spool of rope, he dashed back to Pha.
OOC:
I don't know how many rounds running to the docks, gathering the equipment, and returning would take, but when we're ready to try to rig up the water basket, I'm trained in all tasks requiring rope. Great idea, btw!
Mar 9, 2016 1:12 pm
Pha follows behind on the flying device and catches up to Carrick right before he leaves the docks and tries to assist since this idea was shotty at best, fortunately Carrick seems to know a bit about ropes.
OOC:
I figure whoever went would grab a couple people and I'd relay the flying bike back after dumping, it's probably a shotty idea but for larger areas of fire better than trying to douse it with water by getting close with a bucket.
Mar 9, 2016 3:50 pm
OOC:
I'd like an Intellect Test Difficulty 4(12) from Carrick(njohn585), rope training applies and help form the others gives you two assets, however your resilient nature means your Inability in Moving and Solving puzzles comes into affect here. I'm not super concerned with 'rounds', just that actions are happening.

If anyone searches Hound's body they find: A small metal segmented orb with a large synth button one side - Detonation (pressure) [Level 4]; A glass(?) vial of green liquid, capped with a metal spray nozzle and squeeze trigger - Poison (mind-disrupting) [Level 5]; A metal and synth cube with a half orb bump on each side. When activated each orb turns into a metal spike - Machine control implant [Level 8]
Mar 9, 2016 3:58 pm
OOC:
So Carricks doing a Level 3 Task (Task 4 -1 for trained with ropes -2 from assets +2 from moving & solving puzzles? Also this is very exciting. =)
Mar 9, 2016 10:38 pm
Carrick helped spread the tarp out and grabbed the rope, ready to knot it all together. But after a couple of tries, he couldn't quite figure out the best way to make a spherical bag out of a square tarp, and a bag that Pha could both scoop and drop water while flying the craft. Carrick's brows furrowed in his concentration, as he tried hard to understand what needed to be done. But two heads proved better than one, and Pha's pointed suggestions made all the difference. Together they tied corners together, wrapped rope around sections of the ship, and fashioned a sort of quick release on the handle.
OOC:
So the rope training (D-1) and the puzzle disability (D+1) cancel each other out. Pha's assist brings it to a Difficulty 3 check, but I'm also going to spend a level of Effort (-2 Int) to reduce it to a Difficulty 2.

Rolls

Make a Bambi Bucket - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Mar 9, 2016 10:40 pm
OOC:
Woot! Major effect! Would it be too much to say that the bag worked better than we had expected, allowing Pha to carry a large amount of water, and being able to douse the rest of the fire?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.