Chapter 10: The City of Spiders

load previous
Jun 16, 2020 7:52 pm
"That was my intention, though I didn't think about having other gems in there," says Elayna after considering Deathwake's words.
Jun 18, 2020 4:22 am
"I will provide you with a bag," Vizeran says, "I will not supply you with my valuable gems, though. That you must do on your own."

He continues on, "Once you get to the city, travel to the northern bank of Donigarten and light a torch as the light of Narbondel is extinguished and my brothers on the council will meet you."

If asked, he reveals the following info:
[ +- ] Donigarten
[ +- ] Narbondel
Jun 18, 2020 4:39 am
"Just to confirm, boss... We send up this flare and the spider councilors come get us into the city or we have to get in there ourselves first then signal them?"
Jun 18, 2020 4:52 am
"You'll have to get into the city," Vizeran explains, "The council will help you get as close to Sorcere and Gromph's chambers as they can."
Jun 22, 2020 4:13 pm
"Well what are we waiting for? Apocalypse isn't gonna stop itself!"

Seftan prepares to leave for the underdark once more, securing his belongings and double checking his spell book.
Jun 22, 2020 4:51 pm
Elayna pockets the glowing emerald, and is ready to go.
Jun 22, 2020 5:49 pm
"To Menzoberranzan, then, and the abode of spiders," Ælfric said and pulled up his cloak's hood for added dramatic effect.
Jun 30, 2020 10:43 pm
OOC:
So sorry about the long delay here!
With nothing left to discuss, Vizeran leads you to a tunnel. You've been in many tunnels since you awoke in the Underdark, but you haven't seen one like this before. It's a nearly perfectly circular from the point where it begins at the flat ground and easily big enough for all of you to walk through.

"I've spent years creating this tunnel, which leads directly to the city," Vizeran explains, a clear expression of pride on his face, "No one knows of it but myself and now you. Follow it to the end and you will find yourself within the city proper."
Jun 30, 2020 11:31 pm
"At this rate, next we'll have to go right down into the Abyss itself," he thought.

"Where exactly does the other end come out inside Menzoberranzan?" Ælfric inquired as he looked into the shaft.
Jul 1, 2020 12:31 am
"It comes out in the Westrift, in the western part of the city," Vizeran replies, "Beware the spiders when you come out of the tunnel. My magic keeps the place clear, but once you are out, you are on your own."
Jul 1, 2020 3:14 am
OOC:
Would we have a map of Menzoberranzan or know its layout?
Jul 1, 2020 3:18 am
OOC:
I'll get you a map tomorrow
Jul 2, 2020 2:23 pm
Deathwake sucks her teeth slightly looking at the perfectly cylindrical tunnel. Damn spiders. At least the big ones make good eating. Deathwake says as they get ready to step into the tunnel.
Jul 2, 2020 3:28 pm
OOC:
Crap, I forgot to get a map. I'll attempt to do so when I get home from work
Jul 2, 2020 4:08 pm
"I don't like spiders," Elayna mutters as she follows Deathwake.
Jul 2, 2020 4:30 pm
"Perhaps you've just never had them prepared properly," Ælfric said with a smile.
Jul 2, 2020 5:03 pm
Elayna's voice is soft. "I never had a problem with spiders back at the farm. But it's strange. Now the thought of spiders turns my stomach. Not in like a I'm going to throw up way. More like, the image of spiders brings up a lot of bad memories?"
Jul 2, 2020 6:12 pm
"I understand. I'll tell you about my hatred of centipedes one day, Elayna, but not today. I don't need my skin to start crawling," Ælfric replied just before shuddering. "Too late. Come on, let's go."
Jul 2, 2020 7:25 pm
Not being a fan of bugs in general, Seftan pretends not to hear the discussion, but his mind turns to giant arachnids none the less.

"I hope someone has mastery of the neutralization of poisons, or a few vials of anti-venom at the very least. I have a feeling we shall soon need such things."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.