Gossip, banter, chit-chat and discussion (OOC)

May 25, 2016 11:14 am
Welcome!

To get started create your own thread in the Character forum. I assume you can do that.
May 25, 2016 2:06 pm
I like what has been posted so far, everyone seems to have the right ideas. I was thinking that each of you could edit the first post in your threads to hold the character concepts, so if you change your mind about something just add it here. And some of you will be familiar with the XP tracking device used in some other games; that can go in there too and whenever your character earns XP it can be updated.

Does any of that make sense?
May 25, 2016 2:11 pm
That makes sense. It does Will the game have a lot of NPC interactions or will the concept of 'flippin'/'turning'/using NPCs for resources to use for missions be something we should be looking at?
Last edited May 25, 2016 2:36 pm
May 25, 2016 2:33 pm
Uhm, sorry, I don't think I follow. Yes there will be a lot of NPC interaction and yes flipping or turning NPCs will be important (although probably not so much in this first mission).

Which makes me realise that I'll need to set some kind of victory condition for the first mission. Just leaving it as 'get established on Corellia' is a bit open-ended. I'll need to think on that.
May 25, 2016 2:40 pm
From the game writeup the premise seems to me to lead towards working from the shadow sometimes when something needs to be in the open possibly using someone else to take the fall or be 'seen' or found out if things are traced back or uncovered and 'burning assets' or setting up patsies that are corrupt imperials (exploiting the system already for personal gain) might be a thing we have to deal with.
May 25, 2016 3:17 pm
Here is a copy of the character creation details for a character I made on another game. I thought it could be used as a template. One thing that I should mention; you will be starting the game on a transport to Corellia so whatever gear you are carrying has to get through Imperial customs. It might make sense to either take the extra XP options or to keep the credits to buy gear on-planet.
Niceri Stour - Human Spy/Slicer

Human Starting XP: 110
XP from Obligation: +10
XP from Duty: +10
XP from Morality: +10
Total: 140

Characteristics:
Intellect increased from 2 to 3: 30
Intellect increased from 3 to 4: 40
Cunning increased from 2 to 3: 30
Cunning increased from 3 to 4: 40

Running Total=140

Skills:
Charm increased from 0 to 1: Free (Human)
Streetwise increased from 0 to 1: Free (Human)
Computers increased from 0 to 1: Free (Spy)
Deception increased from 0 to 1: Free (Spy)
Skullduggery increased from 0 to 1: Free (Spy)
Stealth increased from 0 to 1: Free (Spy)
Education increased from 0 to 1: Free (Slicer)
Underworld increased from 0 to 1: Free (Slicer)

Running Total=140

Talents:
None

Total expended=140
Motivations:

Belief: Freedom - Niceri believes that all sentients should be free from oversight by large political bodies such as the Republic.

Connection: Family - Niceri's mother, Alinia, is an ardent believer in the tenets of the Jedi Order and works hard to promote and uphold them as an Antarian Ranger. Niceri has grown up with these beliefs being a large part of his world and struggles to determine how much of it is his own worldview and how much has come from Alinia.
Obligation:

Obsession: Slicing - Niceri feels he can only really prove himself by breaking the toughest computer security around. He prides himself on being careful and never getting caught.
Value: 10 +10 (+10XP)
Total: 20
Duty:

Intelligence: Niceri gathers information for his loose collection of Holonet friends collectively calling themselves ORACLE.
Value: 10 -10 (+10XP)
Total: 0
Morality: +10XP
Gear and Equipment

Total Starting Credits: 500

Slicer Gear: 500

Total: 500
May 25, 2016 5:27 pm
Just to summarise what we have so far:

Human female sniper
Human female social manipulation expert
Human female outlaw tech

So we almost have Charlie's Angels. Remnant has said he is making a human, if this turns out to be a guy called Bosley...
May 25, 2016 5:37 pm
Considering my addiction and assassination prowess this is going to be the gritty Charlie's Angels reboot we have all wanted. Crossed over with Star Wars.

I would pay money to see that.
May 25, 2016 5:37 pm
I'm leaning towards a political character or someone in media considering the other characters people seem to be leaning towards. No idea yet on Snake Nut's preference.
May 25, 2016 5:38 pm
It makes sense we would be a team of humans. If alien prejudices come in to play at all it would be easier for the rebel to integrate a couple of humans into an Empire colony instead of a group of exotic aliens.
May 25, 2016 5:42 pm
Yeah, it makes sense. Although a Drall or Selonian could work since they're native to the system.
May 25, 2016 6:05 pm
humans would be less noticed... perfect for keeping cover.

heh, we're all playing females? this will be interesting. remnant, an ambassador type would be nifty. someone to do PR or smooth things over politically in case a plan goes south... basically the face of the group?
May 25, 2016 6:11 pm
A slicer would also be useful, although since the primary mission will be recruitment a leader would probably be better. You could always hire/recruit a slicer.
May 25, 2016 6:25 pm
Does this call for some sort of derogatory pillow fight at some point in the game?
May 25, 2016 6:28 pm
I'm actually looking at the Colonist Politico spec mechanically but I need to roll up the rest and figure out the background first. I will be playing a guy though.
May 25, 2016 6:54 pm
My character is going to be Lin's twin sister.
May 25, 2016 6:56 pm
I want mine to be a good/neutral good version of Ava. But human. Although I'm mixing in a bit more of a recluse and lone attitude. :)
May 25, 2016 7:35 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
My character is going to be Lin's twin sister.
I don't know if my nerves can handle that...
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.