Prologue - Danodel

load previous
Jun 1, 2016 3:50 pm
"Mr. Russ.. Hoan we... You need to make a decision on how this plays out. You're known for 'telling it like it is' so I'm going to do just that and level with you. This doesn't look good. Are we going to call the authorities and report this as an accident or are we calling the authorities and they're taking you into custody which is probably the end of your political career. Either way we're on a finite timeline and whatever we going to do we need to get ahead of this. Also you've made this one hell of a first day on the job." Fen states trying to calm his boss ending with a morbid joke.
OOC:
Since he's still in shock I'll try and use Leadership to take control of the situation and guide him into making a decision either way is up to him but I need to know what he wants to do. Plus probe should be still recording... For the dice pool I'm think Leadership at either Average or Hard with a boost die due to how he's in a shocked state putting him on the rails and nudging to go one way or the other should get him going... I really don't want to go pulp style and slap him.
Jun 1, 2016 6:18 pm
OOC:
Average Leadership with a boost sounds good to me. As you say, he's pretty suggestible right now.
Jun 1, 2016 6:26 pm
OOC:
Most people in shock aren't really moving at normal speeds during the state you need to usually get them started again with a jump start.

Edit: Forgot my Gear Bonus from Cultural Etiquette Manual, I'd like to use the three advantage plus one from my gear (4 total) to get him stammering why he did it or what he was trying to really do.
Last edited June 1, 2016 6:31 pm

Rolls

Leadership Check

1 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Failure

Total: 3 Advantage

Jun 1, 2016 7:13 pm
"He...he thought he could buy me," Hoan mutters, "me! Well, he found out the hard way he can't, not for a lousy half mil!"
Jun 1, 2016 7:39 pm
Fenn's hands fold across his chest and his head bobs sideways for a beat as he thinks nodding a few times. Learning what was really wanted with the disused land and enough to bribe someone a lot of money but it seems not enough was something to find out but for now they had a body to deal with and the ramifications.

"Did he seem hard pressed to make a deal or something Sir or was it hush money for something else? You don't really seem the kind of person prone to violence but whatever was going on in the conversation was enough for you to hook a rather large man overboard with deadly results." Fenn asks trying to figure out more and squeeze some more information out of the man.

With a shiver Fenn grabs for a towel and takes off his pants to dry in the sun.
Jun 1, 2016 7:56 pm
Hoan suddenly looks alert as Fenn questions him,

"I knew it!" he shouts, standing with his fists at his side, "you're CorSec! This was a sting!"
Jun 1, 2016 8:09 pm
"What kind of sting operation involves getting someone killed!" Fenn counters back in his underwear tying off the towel around his waist, "Plus this is my first day you senile old man! They never do this kind of thing in the movies on the first day!" he adds. "Great... now I need a drink..." Fenn complains. "Look Mr Russ. This is my first day on the job if you're being investigated by CorSec this is a bad situation to be in. If you want me helping at this point I suggest you tell me what's going on so I know what to say and not to say... You have given me a reason to fear for my life. So since you seem to be snapping out of it spill it so we can figure out what are we going to do?"
Jun 1, 2016 8:13 pm
Hoan just stares at Fenn, gradually calming down.

"I guess I have no choice. Okay, first thing we gotta do is sink the big bantha. Can't have him floating back to shore. Find something to puncture that stupid suit of his."
Jun 1, 2016 8:20 pm
Fenn walks off to the bar and pours himself a finger of something expensive and belts it back before he notices something, "I found the knife for fruit slicing and the corkscrew bottle opener... Don't we need blocks of Ferrocrete or something to weigh down the body." he offers.
Jun 1, 2016 8:44 pm
"Seems like you did this kinda thing before," Hoan observes.
Jun 1, 2016 10:03 pm
"Movies tell more than just a story Mr. Russ." handing his boss the small knife and the corkscrew.
Jun 1, 2016 11:39 pm
Hoan looks at the two implements for a moment,

"Use the knife," he says handing it back, "you should be able to grab a handful of material and slash it. Then get some ballast from below and stuff it in the holes and the pockets. I need to have a lie down."

He goes inside and lies face down on a couch.
Jun 2, 2016 12:10 am
With Mr. Russ going to rest from the trauma of the situation Fenn gets to being squimish and gingerly gets close to the body and moving away until Russ is out of sight and laying down. Once he knows his boss is resting he'll go to his data pad he'll check to make sure the file of the incident is saved before powering down the camera and turning off video recording off.

Once back beside Orum he'll figure out how to undo the water proofing suit and feel for the man's ribs feeling to judge where his lungs are. Fenn's face grows dark as he slides the small blade as he puts his weight on top the body hoping to ensure the body sinks quickly once this goes through with an attempt to squeeze air out of the body. Grabbing anything useful from the deceased he'll make sure they're powered down and batteries are removed if possible if it's electronic. Once the body is stripped he'll find a plastic bag to stash the items in along with a separate bag for the towel holding the boat hook. Once he stashes these among his belongings Fenn finds himself moving below deck he'll look for cleaning supplies and a bucket for the ballast. Pouring ballast inside the suit and getting more if he thinks it's needed he'll check the suit for holes and to make sure it will sink quickly with the fear of it floating back up.

Fenn will watch the body as he grunts sliding it off the back and wait to see if bubbles come up as it'll sinks to far below. Checking their location he looks at the time again and gets to cleaning. Cleaning off areas that were splattered with blood before doing a general thorough cleaning. He'd check for various places to stash a bug since his boss seemed pretty paranoid. He stood going to wash his hands and gets full dressed in clothes free of blood. Stretching a bit this definitely wasn't what he was expecting to deal with the first day on the job but sometimes being in the wrong place at the right time could be fruitful. Once he had things cleaned up and his 'insurance' taken care of he'd check on Mr. Russ.

"It's done Sir... I don't think it's too bold to ask for a raise at your first available convenience. So did you want to tell me what this man was trying to buy you for and why you think CorSec is coming for you? Also we'll need to corroborate a story." he asked the man once he was awake.
Last edited June 2, 2016 12:11 am
Jun 2, 2016 6:22 am
"It's done? Really? Good work, you stupid frak, now you're an accomplice. If you tell anybody what happened here you're going down too."

The old politician looks pleased with himself,

"So we're in this boat together, so to speak. Yeah you can have a raise, I think we will be working together for a long time now!"
OOC:
Okay, so in case it's not clear; with that whole fainting thing he was trying to play you. You did a very good job making sure there is no evidence involving you, though, and you have the vid showing him murdering the guy. So that puts you in a good position. Now you can let him think he's on top or you can reveal what you've got. It's up to you.
Jun 2, 2016 1:41 pm
Fenn lets it soak what the man states. With Russ thinking he has the upper hand and all the cards putting the older man in control of the situation Fenn doesn't think it's the best of times to tell the man different. He'll try and find out what they're going to do in this situation.

"Since we're in the same boat now any idea what we need to do? And are you going to fill me in on what's going on?" Fenn asks.
OOC:
I'll hold off on playing my hand, let the fish work the line and get tired and stuck on the hook deeply before reeling him in.
Jun 2, 2016 2:22 pm
"Well, sport, you'll find that politics isn't usually light side and dark side, the way the public would like to believe. Sometimes we have to get our hands dirty, and the trick is not getting caught..."

Suddenly Hoan trails off and stares at Fenn, examining every detail of his face.

"Well, well," he says, "but you would know all about that, wouldn't you?"

He reaches into the cooler and hands Fenn a drink,

"You must learn the ways of the council, if you are to be my new protege."
Jun 2, 2016 2:42 pm
Fenn's face is mostly a mask until Russ seems to take a pot shot about his past or at what just happened.

"Well lets just hope I don't have to get handy with a boat hook. Where do we start." Fenn attempt to joke with a bit of dark humor taking the drink mostly interested in knowing what he needs to do now as a protégé.

I wonder how much he knows of what really happens with my father? I'm being considered to be a pawn so I'll play the roll of one for now. I wonder if he'll think I need a fatherly figure... unsure of if that will be useable. Fenn thinks to himself staring down at his drink his face slightly furrowed since he'd just seen a man die and to hide his inner contemplations.

Looking up he'll wait to hear what Russ has to say so he can 'learn'.
Jun 2, 2016 2:54 pm
"The first lesson you must learn... is patience. Now reel the lines in, it's time to head home. Don't worry about our friend, nobody will miss him for a while."

The trip back to port is uneventful, and Hoan doesn't let any more slip about what he knows, but occassionally Fenn catches the politician staring at his face with a look of... could it be fear? Regret? Or maybe it's just the synthale.
OOC:
Okay, let's wrap this thread here. You have a new job and a good source of Intel and contacts. Good job.
Jun 2, 2016 3:18 pm
"Yes Sir." Fenn replies stowing the gear and getting them back on land. Fenn is curious about the looks but the first lesson was already in play patience. It wasn't a virtue it was a skill honed over time. Every Apex predator had it. Fenn just needed to sharpen his own fangs slowly as well.
Jun 2, 2016 4:17 pm
OOC:
fyi I thought this thread was awesome btw. XD...
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.